GardeLuve

In the hopes that I live every day of my life.

I write to create something out of nothing. Let me conjure a world of my own and sit on its throne. Maybe one day I'll learn to share it, but for now, I'm living off of high hopes.

Meditation

Climbing too far and too tall with hands scraped with rope burn, I diddle-daddle. I think, and then I decrescendo until I diminuendo to nada. My eyes reach for the dimpled lights embedded into the evening sky. Bitten by the cold, my ass rests atop the rope. I need to balance. If I fall, I’ll have wooden needles to catch me. Hush! My mind chopped to blank. Mindless thoughts set ablaze (a fire!) with blurry smoke, moving fast but not processed. Thoughts zoom on highways until the eyes don’t see but look—the mind doesn’t think but buzz. Buzzing as the roaches buzz, the bees in my mind scare me ‘cause I don’t see the buzzing bees.  Cleaning or just shoving it all aside, the sickness is loud and pounding. You can’t delete it, but you can stuff clouds over it—stifle it. Stifled skies breathe my breaths in and out. I’m far away. I can’t feel me. Nothing tingles. Nothing hurts....

Meditation

Climbing too far and too tall with hands scraped with rope
    burn, I diddle-daddle. I think, and then I decrescendo until I
    diminuendo to nada. My eyes reach for the dimpled lights
    embedded into the evening sky. Bitten by the cold, my ass rests
    atop the rope. I need to balance. If I fall, I’ll have wooden needles
    to catch me. Hush! My mind chopped to blank. Mindless thoughts
    set ablaze (a fire!) with blurry smoke, moving fast but not
    processed. Thoughts zoom on highways until the eyes don’t see
    but look—the mind doesn’t think but buzz. Buzzing as the roaches
    buzz, the bees in my mind scare me ‘cause I don’t see the buzzing
    bees.  Cleaning or just shoving it all aside, the sickness is loud and
    pounding. You can’t delete it, but you can stuff clouds over
    it—stifle it. Stifled skies breathe my breaths in and out. I’m far
    away. I can’t feel me. Nothing tingles. Nothing hurts....

Personal Essay Competition: Making Change 2018

What to Say to a Dying Man

I had always thought of my dad as a magician. His stylus was his wand, and with it, he would conjure up the wildest of creatures from his mind. He brought my childhood friends to life and drew invincible heroes from his tablet. It wasn’t long before he put a pen into my own hands and told me to create my own stories, though mine were written. The world was a big place, but my dad made it bigger. That was until the magician himself was defeated.

Cancer caught up to him before the villains of his own stories could, and soon the world’s mightiest heroes had to take a break. My world of imagination was on the verge of collapsing as I watched my dad's bright energy fade away. His massive belly shrunk to the bony shadow of what it once was. His arms and legs grew as thin as a corpse’s, and he looked about the size of...

Op-Ed Competition 2017

A Freedom to Love

There are words that I want to take back. Words that I now know shouldn't have been said. It happened about two years ago when I was a mere thirteen-year-old and completely oblivious. And I said, "I don't mind, as long as my children aren't gay."

I'm not sure if this is a common excuse among homophobic people. It was mine when I was answered that question. I was homophobic as a kid, no reasoning can change that. But can I be homophobic when I didn't even know what it meant?

I live in a conservative Chinese family. I have not heard of the word, "gay", nor understood what the giggles were about in my youth. I wasn't acquainted with anyone at the time who was queer or bothered to inform me. My parents avoided the topic as much as possible and treated it like how they would treat six-year-old to the word "sex", yet they...

Your View

My Opinions (10)

• Body Images 
Everyone around the world is a victim to society's expectations on the topic of body images. It is one of the inevitable truths of reality. To mature, many have to accept that people will judge them based on their bodies. However, if everyone worked together to stop hate or promote self-love, the world would definitely be a happier place, especially for those in future generations.
  • Love is LOVE
LET PEOPLE LOVE WHO THEY WANT TO LOVE. LET THEM BE COMFORTABLE IN THEIR OWN SKIN. And be proud to love yourself or your lover. People have to understand that people in the LGBT+ community can not help being who they are or what they feel. No one other than that individual should control their body and their love life, nor comment on their ability to be themselves.
  • Student stress
Either as a student or worker, everyone experiences stress to some magnitude. Students, pressured by academic, social, or even economic...

Your View

My Opinions (10)

• Body Images
  • Love is LOVE
  • Student stress