Aaliyah

Author of "Miss conceptions" (2017)
Kathak dancer
Writer

Words from you are the best ones.

Peer Reviews

An Ocean of Love

PROMPT: "My Heart is Like"

over 1 year

Helpless

PROMPT: Season-a-Changing

This is one of my favorite haikus I've read so far, because you manage to convey lot in a few words. The contrasting ideas and images used add to the feeling of the piece. I also admire your interpretation of the changing seasons- it is not often that we think of knots and helplessness when referring to seasons. It was a wonderful read.

unknown

When Left Behind

PROMPT: Refuge

Overall, I felt the tone of the poem to be melancholy, and it was a nice touch of emotion in so short piece. Good job with word choice, and integrating imagery as well.

over 1 year

pine poem 4

I really liked the composition of the poem, and especially the word choice. The way you describe the pine trees moving and growing really captivated me, and your imagination is evident in the poem. Good job!

over 1 year

Summer

I thoroughly enjoyed this little poem, and what I love most about it is how through few words, you managed to make me imagine that I was at the beach myself. Good job with wording and description, and inserting unique details, and doing it all in such a short composition.

over 1 year

Fighting depression

The piece was extremely well written, and the beginning especially helped draw my attention in. I hope that the situation improves, and I admire your initiative to speak out and write about it. Being from India myself, I have heard and witnessed many similar stories, and I can relate to what you are writing about. I love how personal you made the writing, and every detail was very well thought-out. Good job, and it was a great read.

over 1 year

Poison Flowing

PROMPT: Plastic Ekphrastic

I really like the word choice used in the poem. However, on terms of improvement, I think the piece could benefit from some rhythm in the lines. I understand that you may have meant to make it more like verse, but I feel like adding some rhyme and similar phonetics and techniques (such as alliteration and rhyming words) could help the poem flow better when it is being read. Overall, I admire the elaboration you used, and also how much action there was in the poem. I had not expected to see a real world problem to be integrated into this poem, but you did, and it was altogether a great read.

over 1 year

Waiting

I like that you took the initiative to write a piece based upon an everyday event. I can clearly see that the time was important for you, as you were very descriptive, and I could imagine the scene taking place in front of my eyes. Good job with elaboration as well as word choice, as they both complement your piece perfectly.

over 1 year

not just a letter

PROMPT: Unconventional

I think the theme of the poem was truly innovative, the way you chose to clarify how we stereotype a single letter to have a single meaning, when it actually has innumerable interpretations. Excellent job with the diction, and with the structure of the poem. It was a pleasure to read this poem.

about 2 years

dreaming

about 2 years

Adversity

PROMPT: The Challenge of Courage

I love the dramatic aspect in such few words. One thing I always admire and will mention in every review is the magic of clarity in brevity. You execute hat aspect wonderfully, and I love the diction you chose to show the imagery and help the reader picture the scene.

about 2 years

I write...

PROMPT: Why I Write

I like the format of the piece. Even though there isn't any rhyme or rhythm, it still feels somewhat poetic due to the repetition at the beginning of each sentence and the vivid imagery incorporated. Whatever your main purpose was for penning this piece, I must say that it was quite nice to read, extremely relatable, and overall a great read in such few words.

about 2 years

ode to a mammoth

about 2 years

Why I Write

PROMPT: Why I Write

I really felt something while I read this poem. I cannot eloquently articulate what, but this poem stirred something within me. The poem seemed extremely relatable, and I think you did a splendid job of seeing and feeling, and then, writing about why you love writing as a person.

about 2 years

To Do Lists Yet Deeper

PROMPT: Why I Write

Two sentences, and more meaning than an entire essay! I have nothing more to say except that I admire your ability of brevity, to say everything that is to be said, and not wasting a single word in the process.

about 2 years

Insecurities

You did a splendid job of putting into words what most of us only have the courage to think. It is true indeed, that although most of us have tongues, we fear to voice our discomfort in apprehension of judgement. The poem truly is one with lot of meaning for everyone of any age and any situation. I also admire the technique of creating a poem with such a simple title, and yet incorporating such depth into few words.

about 2 years

They say

PROMPT: “They Say”

I love the part where you worded "miracles and infinity are beyond mortal comprehension." It adds a lot of eloquent flair to the piece, and the makes the piece seem to have a lot in it in such few words.

about 2 years

The City Of Joy

PROMPT: Travel Writing Competition 2018

unknown

Letter for the mail man

PROMPT: Child Narrator

As I said before, this story has quite a lot of potential. The metaphors, diction, and dialogue used is extremely appealing, and the approach to the letter is a unique take on a common storyline. Keep writing, I can plainly see talent overflowing here. Good job with composition and character development. I'd very much like to read the rest, if you decide to expand it. C'est très magnifique!

over 2 years

it was as if

PROMPT: “Landmarks and Geography”

I love how the writer makes the soul seem like a beautiful mystery. No human being can ever define the human soul. And it is true that no one can control it. I love how the writer gives examples of time rushing away faster than we can keep up with it. Amazing poem!

almost 3 years

A City

PROMPT: Intersection

almost 3 years

Feels Familiar

almost 3 years

At last

PROMPT: On the Last Day of the World

I loved the unique description, and how you express a simple truth so beautifully. Lovely!

almost 3 years

Landis Farm

PROMPT: Ten Words to You

almost 3 years

My mothers days

PROMPT: WILD

I loved the eloquent simplicity of the poem. Wonderful job with the setting and the description.

almost 3 years

Wild

PROMPT: WILD

almost 3 years

Ten Words to You - Miele

PROMPT: Ten Words to You

unknown

A Christmas Poem

almost 3 years

They Said

PROMPT: “They Say”

unknown

One Child

PROMPT: Ten Words to You

The picture you paint in few words is amazing. I loved how you seen to put full emotion into those words.

almost 3 years

Thin Ice

almost 3 years

Seeking out my Peace

PROMPT: The Peace of Wild Things

I love the imagery that you create, and it shows beautifully the tone and feel of the poem. The poem is very rhythmic, both in words and in emotion. I've not seen a better poem about nature. Honestly.

almost 3 years

Vaccor/Vaccordis

PROMPT: Fernweh

It truly is an art to invent words. And this word, if added to the English language, would be a huge credit to it. I love the significance of the word in our lives nowadays, when people fail to take the time to understand each other and themselves emotionally. Lovely thought!

almost 3 years

A cappella

almost 3 years

home

PROMPT: Ten Words to You

unknown

:)

PROMPT: Ten Words to You

I love how your writing seems to fully pour out emotions into the reader. You have the art of precision. Well done.

almost 3 years

winter

almost 3 years

Little Bird

PROMPT: Birdsong

I really would like to heartily admire this poem. With a few changes, this poem is probably the most beautiful poetry I've read. Great job on the imagery.

almost 3 years

Loved

PROMPT: Ten Words to You

Your art of imagery is wonderful. You really bring out the 'art' part of writing. Writing like yours makes writing magical- so much emotion, depth, and colour in so few words. Your style is unique and amazing.

almost 3 years

USA

PROMPT: Ten Words to You

I love the way you rhyme eyes with lies. It gives the piece a poetic feel, even though it isn't a poem. I think this piece has promise and potential. Very well-written.

almost 3 years

I Write

PROMPT: Why I Write

I like your to-the-point brevity. I always believe that a writer has to consider the emotions of the reader, and you do that wonderfully well. I love the piece.

almost 3 years

pheasant wings

PROMPT: Birdsong

I have nothing much to say, except that I found the poem beautiful, expressive, and explicitly detailed. Good Job!

about 3 years

Serendipity

PROMPT: Beautiful Run-On

The poem really is true and convincing. The message of the poem is very clear and very relative to human life- that in order to reach our goals, we must overcome obstacles. Wonderful job!

about 3 years

Spring Into Summer

PROMPT: Season-a-Changing

unknown

My Wish List

PROMPT: Truths and Untruths

Your list is really inspiring. I- Innovative N- Natural Creativity S- Subtle wit P- Priorities in a straight line I- Identifiable R- Relation to the Real world I- Idealistic N- No redundancy G- Glamorous, Great, and Graceful!

about 3 years

Tears for the End

PROMPT: On the Last Day of the World

The piece was really inspiring and simple, yet very deep. I think your word choice works terrifically with the context. Awesome Job!

about 3 years

Alone

about 3 years

Why I Write

PROMPT: Why I Write

I love the emotion in your work. I see all writing as art, after all, why else is it included in the line of Arts? Writing is like any other form of art: it is completely useless without emotion. Good Job!

about 3 years

Spring through Summer

PROMPT: Season-a-Changing

It was a wonderful five-second moment reading this haiku. It was pleasant, fun, and deep too at the same time. I suggest that you try writing further. I have a feeling that this haiku could be developed into a praiseworthy poem. I will be waiting for the continuation. Amazing job on the haiku!

about 3 years

0.03

PROMPT: The Art of Specificity

Good work with description. I loved the emotional imagery, and the drafts were extremely interesting. Well done!

about 3 years

Little Dreamer

PROMPT: The American Sentence

I never knew that a writer could be so explicit in a single sentence. I don't know how to say that your sentence is so much like a complete story. "To think or not to think, is the question." Looking forward to more of your writing!

about 3 years

Of her own imagination

The piece shows strong emotion, and there is no redundancy in it. Wonderful job!

about 3 years

stars

PROMPT: The Art of Specificity

I would just like to say one thing. This piece is beautifully composed, and gives the reader a feel of reality. But, there are certain areas for improvement as well. For instance, in the first and second draft, the main subject is the stars in the night sky. However, in the third draft, I felt as is the stars were being given minor importance compared to the previous drafts. In the third draft, more importance is placed on the sense of peace, than the sight of the stars. I would like to maybe emphasise more on the last draft. Anyways, I would say this was an excellent effort. I loved your language, and your writing seems to be smooth and flawless. Amazing job!

about 3 years

A Match

PROMPT: Writing Small

This short composition is the exact definition of 'short and sweet'. This aspect is important in any writing, and you did a really good job of making the storyline complex in the story, and giving enough details to make a mystery, and leave the reader impatient to read the whole story. Wonderful composition, and I'm sure you will continue to write such good content.

about 3 years

Why I write

PROMPT: Why I Write

Laugh as hard as you can, but I think your writing is as delicious to read as it is to eat a strawberries-and-cream marshmallow. I just ate one as I was writing this review, and I think your writing blends together wonderfully like the flavours. I identify talent, brevity, and depth in your writing. Please do continue writing, for the sake pf your readers, because such good and beautiful writing is very rare and hard to compose. Really, I loved the piece. The familiarity you provide is wonderful, and you've done an impressive job.

about 3 years

Stars

PROMPT: The Light Gets In

I never knew that a single line could be so . . . so unique, somehow. You expressed an idea in a line, an idea which I thought of for the first time after reading this. Beautiful. Makes me think your talent is never-ending.

about 3 years

Siren

I really, truly loved the poem. Your writing is so inspiring, it made me wish as if I could learn this poem by heart. Maybe I will. The poem is too beautiful to be forgotten, and my advice would be to enter it for publication, or a contest. With a few corrections, I believe this poem could cause wonders. Keep writing!

about 3 years

Dawn

I can't believe that this is only a four-line poem. Such emotion and expression is radiated through the lines, that it feels like a long, long poem. The language is absolutely wonderful. Excellent job!

about 3 years

Black and White

I loved the poem and it's rhythm. The rhythm is consistent, never failing the reader, woven intricately with excellent, advanced vocabulary. Keep up your writing style, and continue writing such excellent content. Bravo!

about 3 years

​The House, The Night

PROMPT: Flash Autobiography

Let me just say this in simple words- "Your writing is breathtaking." I can't imagine how you created such imagery, and in some places, your alliteration is quite a wonderful effect too. I did not find any faults with the piece, but the highlighted portions in the piece are my favourite. Great job!

about 3 years

Witched

PROMPT: Talking to “You”

The piece is beautifully composed, and I feel as if the author really gets into the mood of the piece, which enables the author to write as if he/she experienced it all. One thing I'm curious about is- Is this fiction, or is it a true story? I feel as if it nonfiction, because I can't believe how beautiful the language is. Simply amazing!

about 3 years

to our best times

The imagery that the author has strived to provide gives the reader a sense of thrill, and of familiarity. That is one of the many strong points of the poem. Good work!

about 3 years

Ten Things

PROMPT: Truths and Untruths

unknown

Collision

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2017

unknown

On the Other Side of the Fence

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2017

I got the feeling that the writer is talented, and has a lot of experience with the theme, which enables him or her to write with such explicit detail and such a choice selection of adjectives. This story is a work of art, and is feels artistic because just like painting or sculpture, the story has been crafted by excellent hands.

over 3 years

Stand Up

PROMPT: Songwriting Competition 2017

This song, I feel, is on a very promising path, having chosen the right direction for the rhyme and the verse. The lyrics are well-meant, and what I really admire about the composition is that there is not a single extra picture or scene anywhere in the entire composition. Keep going- and I wish you luck with this wonderful entry.

over 3 years

Check

Nice! Short and sweet!

over 3 years

Oasis

PROMPT: Living Locales

I have some questions- 1. What was your inspiration to write about an oasis? Is this a real place that you saw? 2. Which season is your piece based in? Also, I think that the description of your imagination makes this one of the most memorable pieces I've read on this website. Hats off to your writing, really! I also suggest you make a poem out of this using the same descriptions. It would be lovely.

over 3 years

Mask of home.

This poem probably reflects on a past memory that refuses to be erased from the mind, so horrible and painful was it. So of course, the poet detested that incident. Then maybe it would be better not to call it a 'safe' place in some places. You know, it destroys the depth that the tragedy is creating in the mind of the reader. Anyways, it was lovely reading it. It really made a lasting impression.

over 3 years

Thoughts of Then, After and Before

PROMPT: Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2017

over 3 years

You and the seasons

unknown

Up And Down

The moment I started reading this piece, it seemed like a joyful recollection to me. Hence, the phrase "black plague" somewhat mars the positive effect that the poem has on the reader. Consider replacing it with a positive comparison.

over 3 years

I remember

PROMPT: I Remember

The memories you have woven in with the incident, really coordinate to reflect your happiness and your love for her. A very beautiful piece. Makes me create quite a picture of you as a baby. I love this piece! Keep writing!

over 3 years

Unanswered questions

PROMPT: Beyond Reason

All these questions that you have put together, are about life. You show a unique understanding of nature and life's coordination. I love this quality in people. Reading your piece really helped me to answer your questions, and these questions can really benefit someone who wants to learn more about the world.

over 3 years

Cartography

PROMPT: Invented Cartography

I would totally say that this exemplifies cartography perfectly. And I loved it very much, because of the vivid description, and the picture of the seasons. But it could be improved if there was a stronger story line within the piece. But it was quite an interesting read. Beautiful!

over 3 years

Moments During A Wreck

This piece was really emotional. But it was a bit confusing. Since I feel that you had no word limit to adhere to, I think it would be really nice if you could elongate and elaborate a bit. But this piece was a real treasure.

almost 4 years

Show

PROMPT: TV Pilot Competition 2017

The episode is attractive. But it is still lacking something, which I can't quite get at. The dialogues seem monotonous, which could be improved by adding a little more life to the episode, if not humour. But on the whole, a very, very praiseworthy effort indeed. I would absolutely LOVE to watch this on T.V.

almost 4 years

Millennial Generation

This was an exceptional piece, one really capable of changing strong opinions.

almost 4 years

Graduation Dance

PROMPT: 1 Photo, 100 Words

A really nice piece of work, which could be further elaborated into an excellent short story!!!

almost 4 years