Img 4104

Rosie

I guess you could call me normal, for this purpose at least, I'm 13 years old and I'm trying to discover the world through words. I'm halfway there.

Say anything. Honestly, seeing a 1. on notifications makes my day.

Img 4104
Default avatar user icon

Rosie (United Kingdom) started following thecrazychatlady (United States)

about 5 hours ago

Img 4104

Rosie (United Kingdom) liked Broken voice box by Dreamer5003 (United States)

about 6 hours ago

Img 4104

Rosie (United Kingdom) published:

Moon L.I.G.H.T chapter one

On the surface of the moon, deep in the bowls of the sea of serenity and only 60 km away from the 10m thick Pyrex dome protecting New London( or 'utopia' as the rebels call it with more that a bit of irony) is the New Sydney opera house.

it is a bizarre sight. The strange structure with its ethereal points like the hulls of many upturned boats surrounded by empty moon-scape. Protected by only a thin temporary done the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 8 hours ago

Img 4104

Rosie (United Kingdom) published:

Moon L.I.G.H.T chapter one

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

Img 4104

Rosie (United Kingdom) published:

Runaway

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition

Lucy 
It is dark. An all consuming dark that seems to cling to everything, the shadowy grey sillouted cars and the undistinguishsble shapes, bushes maybe, that line the street. I was afraid of the dark, when I was younger. I used to have a butterfly nightlight  that I left on all night. They must have smashed that, along  with everything else. I don't need a nightlight now. I'm still scared of the dark though, of the things that hide in...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

Img 4104

Rosie (United Kingdom) liked The Odd Adventures of Leo Wyle by Maybeeso (United States)

1 day ago

Img 4104
Default avatar user icon

Rosie (United Kingdom) started following Soo Young (Soo) Yun (Korea, Republic of)

Img 4104

Rosie (United Kingdom) liked Ankh by Soo Young (Soo) Yun (Korea, Republic of)

Img 4104
2

Rosie (United Kingdom) published:

Robin redbreast

PROMPT: Birdsong

Robin tilts her head,
chitters chatters,
blinks one eye,
Robin redbreast,
winter bird,
chitter chatter,
morning song,
curious curious,
glint in one eye,
too     tww    chi    cha 
t to chit chi
robin perches on the lamppost
chitter.
chatter.
too too too.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 4104
Image

Rosie (United Kingdom) started following HollyDays (Japan)

Moon L.I.G.H.T chapter one

it is a bizarre sight. The strange structure with its ethereal points like the hulls of many upturned boats surrounded by empty moon-scape. Protected by only a thin temporary done the building seems to shimmer in the airless sky and an abandoned drone stands, a silent sentry at the sealed door.

ZARA HANES
AGE: 15
APPERENCE: tall, short black hair, AIE implant 
OFFENCE: classified 
SENTENCE: exile
authorised: Helix Jarvis

It was beside this door that Zara Hanes found herself, in a too big moon suit and only 12.52 minutes of oxygen left. 

ZARA:
its only now, now that my oxygen monitor has started beeping and my AIE ink plant has decided...

Moon L.I.G.H.T chapter one

ZARA HANES
AGE: 15
OFFENCE: classified 
SENTENCE: exile
authorised: Helix Jarvis

Novel Writing Competition

Runaway

Lucy 
It is dark. An all consuming dark that seems to cling to everything, the shadowy grey sillouted cars and the undistinguishsble shapes, bushes maybe, that line the street. I was afraid of the dark, when I was younger. I used to have a butterfly nightlight  that I left on all night. They must have smashed that, along  with everything else. I don't need a nightlight now. I'm still scared of the dark though, of the things that hide in it, but now it it is my only protection, my only hope of escaping from Them. There's a single street lamp still on, it's casts a thin puddle of light on the pavement below and I skirt around it, clinging to the shadows, becoming the shadows. I'm  wearing a hoodie, black with the hood pulled up over my head. Even in my fear some small part of me can't help laughing at the cliche; that of a teenaged girl in...

Birdsong

Robin redbreast

Robin tilts her head,
chitters chatters,
blinks one eye,
Robin redbreast,
winter bird,
chitter chatter,
morning song,
curious curious,
glint in one eye,
too     tww    chi    cha 
t to chit chi
robin perches on the lamppost
chitter.
chatter.
too too too.

Just a lost kid

There an ache in my chest that won't go away,
and a emptiness inside of me and a lost kid in my brain,
who stands in the corner, 
trys to think of things to say,
theres an ache in my chest,
a cavity in my heart,
and a lost kid in the corner,
just waiting to be found.

Novel Writing Competition

Runaway

Lucy 
It is dark. An all consuming dark that seems to cling to everything, the shadowy grey sillouted cars and the undistinguishsble shapes, bushes maybe, that line the street. I was afraid of the dark. When I was younger. I used to have a butterfly nightlight  that I left on all night. They must have smashed that, along  with everything else. I don't need a nightlight now. I'm still scared of the dark though, of the things that hide in it, but now it it is my only protection, my only hope of escaping from Them. There's a single street lamp still on, it's casts a thin puddle of light on the pavement below and I skirt around it, clinging to the shadows, becoming the shadows. I'm  wearing a hoodie, black with the hood pulled up over my head. Even in my fear some small part of me can't help laughing at the cliche; that of a teenaged girl in...

Novel Writing Competition

Runaway

Lucy 

Novel Writing Competition

Runaway

Lucy 
It is dark. An all consuming dark that seems to cling to everything, the shadowy grey sillouted cars and the undistinguishsble shapes, bushes maybe, that line the street. I was afraid of the dark. When I was younger. I used to have a butterfly shaped nightlight  that I made my mum leave on. They must have smashed that, along  with everything else. I don't need a nightlight now. I'm still scared of the dark though, of the things that hide in it, but now it it is my only protection, my only hope of escaping from Them. There's a single street lamp still on, it's casts a thin puddle of light on the pavement below and I skirt around it, clinging to the shadows, becoming the shadows. I'm  wearing a hoodie, black with the hood pulled up over my head. Even in my fear some small part of me can't help laughing at the cliche; that of a teenaged...

On the Last Day of the World

Alone with the world.

I would walk.
walk in to the night.
I would gaze up, up in to the sky.
I would count the stars.
stand in the middle of a forest and listen.
I would want to be alone.
Alone with the world.
Alone with god.
I place both hands against the rough trunk of a tree and trace the groves with my fingers.
I stare into the burning sky.
I watch a bird fly.
up.
up.
then I close my eyes.
and wait.

On the Last Day of the World

Alone with the world.

I would walk.
walk in to the night.
I would gaze up, up in to the sky.
I would count the stars.
atand I. The middle of a forest and listen.
I would want to be alone.
Alone with the world.
Alone with god.
I stare into the burning sky.
I watch a bird fly.
up.
up.
then I close my eyes.
and wait.

Dialogue Dexterity

Unsaid goodbye

She said she'd miss me.
"think of all those good times" 
I nodded, smiled, didn't know how to say goodbye so I delved into the past.
I grinned despite myself, "remember the burrito dance?"
she laughs,
keeps saying it's not over, that we'll see each other in the weekends, the holidays, 
"more fun times to come! You haven't escaped me yet Jenny Parker!",
I try not to cry,
I make her promise to text me, phone me, snapchat me, email me, 
then we do our handshake of 4 years, since yr7,
"4, 3,2,1 carrot potatoe cabbage pax".  

we don't say goodbye.
just walk away

Drowning

I swim I swim
I try to breath
the waters to cold
the sea the sea
a wave of salt
 againwave crashes
again
I can't breath
drowning
drowning
visions a blur
I can't see
the worlds to cold
the water burns
I swim
I swim
I try to breath
a wave crashes over me
sucked back down
I think I hear a boat far of call my name
but the ocean rises a wall of flame
the cold
the cold
to cold
I swim
but the waves keep coming
I swim
I swim
I try to breath
I drown
I drown

"Hey"
theres a hand on my arm
a voice in my ear
"you look dreadfull"
the world is blue 
it swirls
it swirls
i see people
swim
nonwalk
the hand on my arm steers me
theres a fish
no a face
i think it's concerned
im on a hard plastic chair
someone puts a glass in my hand
against...

Why I believe in God

Do you believe that this world was created by accident?
A couple of molecules colliding?

LOOK AROUND

Do you believe that this world was created by accidents?
A couple of molecules colliding?

LOOK AROUND

a leave falls to the floor and rests there, quivering.

a spider web glistens in the sun.

a colony of ants swarm on the grass.

A couple of molecules colliding?

LOOK AROUND

millions of light years away a star is born.

The moon spins in a never ending cycle.

the night stretches forever

A couple of molecules colliding?

LOOK AROUND

a tiny girl with ginger curls chases down the beach.

an elderly couple sit on the bench, feeding the ducks.

a group of teens stroll downtown the street laughing.

A couple of molecules colliding?

I don't.

...

Our maker

I open my eyes,
seeing the world suddenly,
everything,
new,
as it was in the beginning,
on the seventh day, 
each leaf that falls,
each blade of grass,
each rain drop glistening on its emerald stem,
was crafted by immortal hands,
as was the sky,
the stars,
the sea,
and those hands crafted both you,
and me.

the world we live in now

imagine a world full of silence,
imagine a world full of hate,
imagine a world full of people,
not talking,
just staring into cyber
space.
imagine a world full of towers,
imagine a world full of fear,
a world full of dictatoral power. 
Imagine that world.
Imagine it.
then look around.
because this is the world
we live in now.

Tick tick tick.

One
two
three
four

tick tick tick

night to morn
moon to sun 

tick tick tick 

young to old
child to grown

ticl tick tick

dying star
dying world

tick tick

tick.

Tick tick tick.

One
two
three
four

tick tick tick

night to morning
moon to sun 

tick tick tick 

young to old
child to grown

ticl tick tick

dieing star
deing world

tick tick

tick.

Returning

Peeling paint

She was not quite sure what had bought her here, the the scarlet  railings of a school she had not seen for years. 

She had stood at the crossroads, perfectly still, her mind hovering in the empty space between left and right. Then, without a flutter of an eyelid, as if it was the most natural thing in the world, she turned left. 

She was lost in memories. One hand rested on the metal gate and she absently started picking of flacking red paint that had been new and shining 3 years ago.

It was the holidays and the playground was silent, empty but for a lone pigeon, shaking out bedraggled feathers as it hopped back and forwards. The school was sleeping  a veil of peace hanging over it, but to nia it was alive with ghosts. 

Shed sat in the corner by the large plant pot and cried when she was moved down a spelling  group. That  bench in the...

Returning

Peeling paint

It was the holidays and the playground was silent, empty but for a lone pigeon, shaking out bedraggled feathers as it hopped back and forwards. The school was sleeping, but to Nia it was alive with ghosts.

'www.generateapoem-rosie.com'

"It would be so lovely if you could write a poem about this weekend"
I cringed inwardly.
what did she expect from me, rhyming couplets every time I open my mouth?
what was I, www.generateapoem-rosie.com?
but I smiled, nodded, told her I'd try.
I tried.
titled it 'a family weekend', but didn't get any further. What did she expect? 
'We played in the sun
it was fun'?
my mum told me that I should be grateful my aunt takes such an interest, 
bit every time she pulls me conspiringly in to a corner and asks me how my 'writing career' is going, I want to be sick.
is that wrong?

Truths and Untruths

So we could all stand as one

I wish magic existed.
the kind of magic that brings people together.
I wish I could walk in to a room full of strangers and know they were just undiscovered friends.
I wish I could smile at someone, and they would smile back.
I wish the world would sing together, even if we're all out of tune.
I wish every whisper behind my back was someone planing a surprise.
I wish magic was real, that we could all be as one.

Cradled by the wind

I sit in the swing,
Swaying, 
The wind seems to cradle me like a loving mothers arms,
As I rock,
Back and forward.
Back and forward.
To the music of the trees that sing,
For me.
And the gentle wind that wraps me in a blanket of leaves,
As the branches bend,
Ever protecting,
Over me,
And I swing.

I want a life worth living

Sometimes I stop and look at what life is and, well, it depresses me.
Life seems like a series of meaningless steps, school, university, job, marriage, retirement.
I don't what a life like that.
Where your always waiting for something, a promotion, a new car, the weekend.
I don't want a life where life is a couple of bullet points on a list. I want A life where you can't make lists,
because everything is changing, moving, living.
I don't want a life based on money,
I want to be rich in smiles, laughs. 
I want a life worth living.

Flash Fiction Competition

Suitcase

The suitcase wheels had jammed. Swearing, he grabbed the bag by the handle, finding grim satisfaction in the pain as the bag banged against his leg. He deserved pain. He should've left sooner. And now...

His case was blue, new but the zip was nearly broken as if it had been opened many times. Round the handle a tag read: Flight 648 Heathrow-Boston. The airport attendant reminded him of Emma. Of Emma when she had willed him to stay.  

The attendant smiled, wished him a pleasant flight.

He left Heathrow airport, an unused plane ticket in his pocket. 

Slow Seeing

​Living forest

The forest is living.
Quivering with aniticipation.
Still at first glance and then
The conapy of green above me flurrys for a moment,
the carpet of ivy twitches.
Out of the corner of my eye I catch a fern dance,
Only to freeze seconds later.
But there is no wind.
The forest is alive.
Breathing.
And...
Speaking.
A thousand voices chatter in the stillness.
Each one different from the next,
This is more than just birdsong,
As bluetits converse,
And a wood pigeon adds it's opinion to the mix in unfaltering harmony,
And as another sings a joyful trill,
The others are silent,
Then burst into song.
The forest is alive.
Living.

Flash Fiction Competition

Suitcase

The suitcase wheels had jammed again. Swearing, he grabbed the bag by the handle, finding grim satisfaction in the pain as the bag banged repeatedly against his leg. He deserved pain. He should've left sooner. And now...

His case was blue, new but the zip was nearly broken as if it had been opened, closed, many times. Round the handle a tag read: Flight 648 Heathrow-Boston. The airport attendant reminded him of Emma. Of Emma when she had willed him to stay.  

Somebody wished him a pleasant flight.

Talking to “You”

Drip

you left home at 16. Got a job. Convinced you could look after yourself. You sent of job applications, didn't even think. Plumber, Builder, Receptionist? none of them appealed. Scientist would be fun, but you didn't have the grades to even work in the basement. 2 years in the shop, stacking crates of bugget wine that you could not afford. kept saying you would build up to the shop floor, and then you got sacked. Now they've cut the electricity. Your taps leaking but you can't afford to fix it. You tried and now it won't even turn. It just drips. Drip. Down the drain. Like your future.You know your family would help you, your brothers in university, he'd let you stay, your parents would pay for you to retake your A levels... but you would never ask.
So you just lie on your bed in the flat that was going to be your future, with the motorway roaring below you,...

Flash Fiction Competition

Suitcase

The suitcase wheels had jammed. Swearing, he grabbed the bag by the handle, finding grim satisfaction in the pain as the bag banged repeatedly against his leg. He deserved pain. He should've left sooner. And now that he had the opportunity...

His case was blue, new but the zip was nearly broken as if it had been opened, closed, many times. A tag was tied around the handle. Flight 648 Heathrow-Boston. The girl had smiled at him as she handed back his case. Wished him a pleasant flight.

Flash Fiction Competition

Suitcase

The suitcase wheels had jammed. Swearing he grabbed the bag by the handle, finding grim satisfaction in the pain from the bag banging against his leg. He deserved the pain. He should've left sooner. And now when he had the opportunity...

He left Heathrow airport. 
An unused plane ticket in his pocket.

Writing Small

I shouldn't hide

I know that I am nothing. A blot. A hiccup, caused by an irregularity, I am an irregularity. But sometimes I hope, atoms are small, insignificant, yet they make up everything. It's dark, I light a match and watch it flicker. It doesn't hid from the shadows. I shouldn't hid. 

Songwriting Competition

No safety net

Its the starting,
thats the hardest part.

turning on a light no knowing what you might
see,
stepping through a door not knowing who is waiting on the other
side,

Jumping off,
and falling down,
hoping that you won't hit the
ground.

They told you
there was a
safety 
net,
they told you to
jump,
they said the risk
was
worth it,

now your swimming with no breaths
left.

Waiting for the lifeboat to
safe you.

For the safety net to 
catch you.

but your still falling...
your still falling...
and apparently,
the risk is,

worth it.

You started out,
with a heart of gold,
you were gonna make all of your dreams come
true,

and when you jumped,
it was with a parachute,
but somebody,
somebody
cut
the 
ropes.

and now your falling...
falling,
and apparently,
the risk is,

worth it.

The told you
there was a
safety 
net,
they told you to

jump.

Songwriting Competition

No safety net

Its the starting,
thats the hardest part.

see,
side,

Jumping off,
and falling down,
hoping that you won't hit the
ground.

The told you
there was a
safety 
net,
they told you to
jump,
they said the risk
was
worth it,

now your swimming with no breaths
left.

Waiting for the lifeboat to
safe you.

For the safety net to 
catch you.

but your still falling...
your still falling...
and apparently,
the risk is,

worth it.

The told you
there was a
safety 
net,
they told you to
jump.

thoughts

Sometimes I think that maybe my thoughts are not my own but dreams wished upon a million stars and hopes scattered across the darkening sky of humanity.  Sometimes I think that maybe thoughts are free, butterflies, a million tecni-coloured birds swarming across the plains of imagination, not confided to one mind but part of them all. Sometimes I think that maybe my thoughts are carried across on wings of sunlight to rest between fields of gold and bask in the seas of belief, until they become my own.

Writing for Children Competition

Lucy the real-life princess

Once upon a time there was a girl called Lucy.
If you met Lucy you would have thought she was a normal little girl.
You would probably thought she was a nice little girl.
You wouldn't have guessed that Lucy was, in fact, a princess.
Not a fairy tale princess like in books, oh no, Lucy was a real-life princess.
Which meant she had to do real life princess things like
Go to long boring grown up party's
And
Listen to long grown up conversations
And 
Give flowers to lots of fat grown up mayors who
Called her a sweet little girl
And 
Went on
And on
About grown up things.

But there was one thing Lucy didn't have to do that normal children did. 
Princess Lucy didn't have to go to school.
Instead she had to sit in a stuffy room all day on a overstuffed armchair and have lessons by herself with her teacher, Mrs Cottingson-Lloyd....

Cocoon

I huddle in my bed,
cocooned,
for a moment enclosed beneath layers
of sleep
and hope
and fretful tears.

I am cocooned,
for a moment warm,
safe,
as time stops and 
silence washes over
the sleeping house.

I am cocooned,
waiting for rebirth,
a different self,
a person changed...

yet when i wake
I have not sprouted wings.

Into the Woods

Guardian

A silent onlooker surveying the years,
A member of the chorus for the ballet of the winds,
A many limbed guardian of lush green lands,
A statue carved by ancient fingers,
A mother of a million children.

Synchronized Sounds

At the Waters Waves I Wait

at the waters waves I wait,
where the wind howls ,
where the white gulls soar on weathered wings,
and whispered secrets by the wind are whipped,
lost within the swirling wailing whiteness of the sky,
when the day is waning,
still I wait beneath the white washed sky. 
wait for when with worthy encore come,
Who when the wait is over will arise,
the wrens of the water woefully serenade,
and whales wake to wonder while the water washes away the woes of wasted wishes,
because he is here.

The living ocean deep

Hark!
Can you here it?
The breathing of the sea.
The gentle lapping
roaring,
slapping,
ice cold wind,
the  sea.
Hark!
Can you here it?
The living ocean deep.
The breathing,
sighing,
writhing,
fighting,
sound of ocean deep.

Sea of Steel

An ocean of iron,
steel and strength,
a sea of death,
and beauty.
It rages with fire,
cold as ice,
a sea of steel,
writhing with light,
treasures untold,
crashing with force,
terror unfolds.
fear and grace,
flecked with gold.
A seagull dips,
dancing through the spray,
I watch from my craggy throne,
the wind is my crown,
and the sea,
my home.

Say cheese

we line up. All 3 of us standing in a patch of 'dappled shade' that was apparently perfect for the photo. Mike, nearly a man, stands relaxed, a smile on his face but his eyes slightly pained as Tom scowls at him. I stand between them, awkward, as Mike deflects the dislike in Tom's gaze. Our mum, standing their impatiently with the phone nods at me so, tentatively, I put my arm around Tom. As if by instinct he grabs my arm and digs his nail into my flesh. I yelp but bite my lip. "say cheese" Tom grimaces. Mike half smiles with furious looks at Tom. I force a grin. 

Other Worlds

Magic mornings

My childhood was the sound of my mums voice through the muffled sounds of a waking world as she read to us. All three of us, me, sam and ben all cuddled up in the big double bed while our mum read aloud. She read us the books of her childhood. The silver sword. the lion the witch and the wardrobe. The white horse. Children's books of a generation ago. Of magic kingdoms, talking horses, enchantresses, dryads and mermaids. The words strung together like poetry that seemed to breathe magic into those early mornings. 

Synchronized Sounds

At the Waters Waves I Wait

at the waters waves I wait,
where the wind howls ,
when the day is waning,

Wishful thinking

Sometimes I can't see
where the sea ends 
and the
sky begins,
and sometimes I can't tell,
when the day fades,
or when,
dusk creeps in,
cause sometimes I don't care,
if I can't tell,
where,
my dreams end, 
and reality kicks in.

Wishful thinking

Sometimes I can't see
where the sea ends 
and the
sky begins,
and sometimes I can't tell,
when the day fades,
or when dusk creeps in,
cause sometimes I don't care,
if I can't tell,
where,
my dreams end, 
and reality kicks in.

Wishful thinking

sometimes I can't see
where the sea ends 
and the
sky begins,
and sometimes I can't tell,
when the day fades,
when dusk creeps in,
cause sometimes I don't care,
if I can't tell,
where,
my dreams end,
and reality kicks in.

Mystery Writing Competition

Lies

SUSIE
I found the photograph in the attic. Rummaging through boxes I spent hours up there smiling a photos of me and mum when I was a baby, my first day at school, me and dad on my 5th birthday, all 3 of us on a holiday in Spain, but this one was different. Tucked inside a blank diary and, unlike the others, black and white, a women, about 40 with long hair which I imagine to be blond. She is laughing as her hair is whipped about in the wind. There's something about her. Maybe its the way she smiling at me, maybe its her eyes, but its like I know her, like I've known her all my life. Beside the photo someone has pressed a flower, a pansy. Theres a note on decaying paper too, the writing so small I could hardly read it, "I'm sorry" it said, and my insides writhed as I stared once more at...

Geography of Home

Sanctuary

Sometimes my Bedroom's like an Aladdin's cave, a place to wonder round and gaze in wonder at dusty shells, ornate boxes, painted stones, cluttering my shelves.
    Other times its like a huge diary, a sea of memories. I can sit for hours, reaching into boxes and gazing at old photos from when I was a baby, clumsy cross-stitch when I was 9, a picture of a cat coloured in in blotchy felt tip, a broken toy that I still love.
    Mostly, now, though, my bedroom is a sanctuary. When tears are streaming down my face it's there I run to draw the curtains hiding me whee I couch on the widow lege. To hide beneath the pages of a book I know by heart, to smell the familiar smell that means I am safe.

Mystery Writing Competition

Lies

SUSIE
I found the photograph in the attic. Rummaging through boxes I spent hours up there smiling a photos of me and mum when I was a baby, my first day at school, me and dad on my 5th birthday, all 3 of us on a holiday in Spain, but this one was different. Tucked inside a blank diary and, unlike the others, black and white, a women, about 40 with long hair which I imagine to be blond. She is laughing as her hair is whipped about in the wind. I could almost see her eyes twinkling at me. There's something about her. Maybe its the way she smiling at me, maybe its her eyes, but its like I know her, like I've known her all my life. Beside the photo someone has pressed a flower, a pansy. Theres a note on decaying paper too, the writing so small I could hardly read it, "I'm sorry" it said, and...

Turned to Stone

Blinded by love

I had been blind. Blind for 16 years of my life. Blind to what was going on a round me. Blinded by love. blinded by the childish belief that my parents are prefect. super heroes. invincible. that they were good. I was wrong.

but why grandma?

"tell me a story!"

Once upon a time their lived a beautiful princess who wanted to travel the world and help poor children. But her parents were cruel and jealous, they did not want to lose their daughter so they locked her away in a tower and there she stayed.

" but why grandma, why did they lock their own daughter away?"

because they loved her. 

Collective Voice

Derailed

No one spoke at first. We just sat in silence, accompanied by the constant flickering of the lights. Some of us paced back and forth through the static train carriage, some just sat, muttering or staring listlessly at their phones. We were stuck in our own bubbles of self pity. then one of us started to cry. Just a kid, a kid who didn't understand, a kid who'd been on the way too the cinema with his mother, his mother who still hand,t come back. "where is she?" he creed. we glanced at each other, suddenly united in pity for this child. his mother had been one of the few who had gone out on to the tracks when our carriage had been derailed. who had not come back.

At the Beginning

He asked no questions.
He lead my out of the rain and sat me down, his eyes full of concern.
"tell me everything"
it wasn't a request.
"where shall I start?"
"at the beginning" 

Soph where r u?

Sophias mothers text messages sent between 10:46 and 12:17pm

Contact: mum

10:46pm
Hey honey, where r u? suppers gone cold, what time will u b back?

11:04pm
where ru? Sophia whats happened, why aren't u answering?

11:18pm
soph where r u, please answer, soph! 

11:38pm
look soph, if u don't answer were going to have to call the police

11:54pm
sophia why r u doing this 2 us! ur never back late, just pls answer, pls.

12:17pm
soph we've called the police.  

"999, what service do you require?"
"police, police please"
"Putting you through to police...this is the police speaking, whats your emergency?"
"its our daughter, she's, she's gone missing, she went to her friends house and was meant to be back 2hours ago, I don't know where she is, I don't know what to do..."

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition

Time

If I could stop the sun from setting,
paint the sky forever blue,
if I could stop the leaves from falling,
let them bloom,
forever new.

If I could stop the clock from ticking,
stop the future falling,
slipping,
I would stop the sun from setting,
stop the leaves from dying,
withering.

I could try to stop the clock,
I could try to block the tide,
I could try to bottle the wind,
to trap the night,
to paint the sky,

I could try.

But there are 60 seconds in a minute,
there is and will always be,

even when the stars fall from the sky,
and the leaves forever die,
even when the night fades to nothing,
when the world cracks in half,
ripping,
tearing life apart.

Even then the clocks tick on...

60 seconds in a minute,
there is and will always be.

if I could try to stop time creeping up on you,
taking you when your back is...

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition

Time

If I could stop the sun from setting,
paint the sky forever blue,
let them bloom,
forever new.

If I could stop the clock from ticking,
stop the future falling,
slipping,
I would stop the sun from setting,
stop the leaves from dying,
withering.

I could try to stop the clock,
I could try to block the tide,
I could try to bottle the wind,
to trap the night,
to paint the sky,
I could try.

But there are 60 seconds in a minute,
there is and will always be,

when the stars fall from the sky,
when the leaves forever die,
and when night fades to nothing,
when the world cracks in half,
ripping,
tearing life apart.

Even then the clocks tick on...
60 seconds in a minute,
there is and will always be.

I'm going to write a book

I'm going to write a book
I don't know where to start,
but I have this feeling that if I just pick up a pen,
the rest will come.

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition

Time

If I could stop the sun from setting,
paint the sky forever blue,
let them bloom,
forever new.

If I could stop the clock from ticking,
stop the future falling,
slipping,
I would stop the sun from setting,
stop the leaves from dying,
withering.

I could try to stop the clock,
I could try to block the tide,
I could try to bottle the wind,
to trap the night,
to paint the sky,

I could try.

But there are 60 seconds in a minute,
there is and will always be,

when the stars fall from the sky,
when the leaves forever die,
and when night fades to nothing,
when the world cracks in half,
ripping,
tearing life apart.

Even then the clocks tick on...

60 seconds in a minute,
there is and will always be.

If I could stop your hair from turning grey,
stop your memory misting with age
I could try to...

The Subject that Matters

The lesson where pupils teach themselves

Everyone learns differently,  through drama, art, writing, talking, therefore, as we all learn diffeently, how can we be taught the same? This is the idea behind MYself, the lesson where pupils teach themselves.

At the start of each term the students are given a topic, following the ciriculim, for example 'the Aztecs' 'comparing religions' 'volcanos' or such like. From here they can research the topic in what ever way they want. They can write essays, create posters or presentations, drama sketches, it is up to the pupil. During these lessons there is always a teacher at hand, to support, discipline and encourage the pupils however the pupils work (or group work) is completely there own.

MYself, the lesson where pupils teach themselves.

I got something to say...

Hey you!
Yes you,
listen up!
I got something to say,
and your going to listen,
like it or not.
you know that old saying,
"words can't hurt"?
well its a lie.
cause words can hurt,
they can eat into your soul,
leave you empty,
alone.
cause yeah,
words can kill.

cause you've had enough

cause your tired of friends laughing at you 
your schoolwork slipping
the things you can't do
cause youve had enough of saying its fine
the voices in your head
the screaming in your mind
cause somethings will change
and some things won't
and sometimes you just don't know

Creature View

Cat

The house had once been quite. The cat would lay in the sun while the women sat quietly, reading, mostly. Sometimes the cat would wake from  drowsily to find a saucer of milk, and see the women's smiling face from the window as he lapped it up.
     then He turned up. A man with a stupid haircut and a soppy smile. there were less and less saucers of milk, books lay forgotten by the garden chair she had once read on, and the cat skulked in the garden, growing more and more invisible to the women who had once cared for him. the cat knew she was happy, there were more smiles. more laughter when He was around. she would dress up in fancy clothes and go out for dinner, while the cat waited in the derelict shed. 
     there was a time when the cat just left. roaming the forests and moors,for weeks, only to come back to see ...

Terror

The shadows underneath your bed,
the darkness ever constant there,
crouching in a fading beam of light,
waiting for the unexpected,
hope dwindling,
running from who knows what,
trying to fight shadows,
with soldiers and guns.

stories of sanctuary

These are the books of my childhood,
these are the friends of my past,
these are the tales I lived off,
and this is the place that I hide.
When the dark gets dark,
and I am about to fall,
I read the familiar words,
and crouch beneath the worn pages,
seeking sanctuary.
As I read of boarding schools and Magic trees and perfect children,
living perfect lives,
and wish I still saw the world
like I did back then,
exiting,
free,
simple,
a childs dream.  

Words can heal

If words could kill
we'd all be dead
if words could kill
we'd be too scared
to write a sentence or a phrase
and english teachers would scream
'no, don't write, or speak,
your accidentally kill us all!'
If world could heal we'd all be safe
and the wounds would slowly go
as friends would write us loving lines
and we'd leave school
saved
Words can kill.
eat away at our hearts un till theres nothing left.
words can heal,
clean away the pain,
because we know were loved.

Op-Ed Competition

Climate change, we are all responsible

"The Greatest Threat to Our Planet Is the Belief That Someone Else Will Save It"- Robert Swan, environmentalist and explorer

Everyone knows about it, the smog in china threatening to choke our earth, the ice caps melting due to climate change, but what are we, as individuals,doing,about it? The short answer, nothing. Because, as Robert Swan says, we believe "That Someone Else Will Save It", We think 'oh the government will do something, or the charities will, what has it got to do with me?'. everything. Because this is your planet. And everyone is responsible. This is what believe.

Since 2013 the UK has been running CCAs (climate change agreements), in a bid to reduce carbon waste produced by the UK. However nothing will change endless we cooperate. Its our cars that are polluting our skies, its our rubbish that is being piled into land fills and rotting away beneath our feet, its usthat carelessly throw way...

Our society is twisted

Our society is twisted,
what happens to make everyone judge?
be judged?
to make it matter what clothes you wore,
how you speak?
we are all human,
and, lets be honest
everyone of us judge,
judge the person next to us on the bus for the music they listen to,
our friends for a random comment they make,
but it shouldn't be like this,
we shouldn't have to worry,
we only judged because we are judged,
because our society is twisted,

I Remember

I remember how we forgot

I remember the way the wind sang through the tree outside our house,
I remember the way the rain sounded as it pitter pattered on our roof at night; how i would lie awake, listening,
I remember the way our little dog use to lie, curled up nose to tail on our old sofa,
I remember running home after my first day at school and hiding in the cupboard upstairs till I was bribed down with promises of cake,
I remember how father shouted when Alfie stole the matches from the mantle piece,
And I remember how he warned us, 'this house will go up in flames!' 
I remember my mother telling us to be careful,
I remember how we forgot.

we are no better

The human race.
Puny, weak creatures who's only gift is the gift of dishonesty.
A lion and a man fighting, the lion easily wins.
but give the man a gun,
and the tigers dead.
we have worked our way up the food chain by cheating, and stealing and killing,
we are no better
than murderers.

For those who don't know the sea as I do

For those who don't know the sea as I do,
take note,
for the sea can be your friend,
or it can tear you apart,
it roars and growls,
if you do not listen you might mistake its whispering for anger,
but the ocean is a being,
not a beast. 

Reality

Sometimes I think my thoughts condensates,
cause the world outsides so cold,
and I thought I was free,
roaming wild,
then they fall to the floor as rain,
to form murky puddles,
when before I thought the sky was endless,
but reality pulls me down,
cause the world outsides so cruel,
and I thought I was free,

'you can be whatever you want to be'

"you can be whatever you want to be"
Drummed into my head
Woven through the fabric of my childhood
I believed it
I was going to be a teacher
A princess
A writer
But how can I know what I want to be when I don't know me?

Op-Ed Competition

Climate change, we are all responsible

Unbelievable Food

Dream soufflé

Cakes and confectionary
Dream soufflé

Ingredients:
500g whipped cloud gathered from mount olympus
The first ray of light that touches a fresh rose bud
250g sugar cane grown by moonlight
500ml of golden water from the stream that runs beneath Athens

Method:
On the second sunday of the fourth month at sunrise place the whipped cloud and light in a bowl woven from rushes
Leave beneath the shade of the tree of life for 5 days
At moon rise on the 5 day add the sugar and stir with imagination, do not let the moon light fall on it
Make a well in the mixture and pour in the golden water 
Isolate in a wishing well for 2 days 
At the moment the sun first touches the well on the 3rd day take out the bowl
Leave it beneath the rays of the sun in a clearing of moon flowers for 2 hours
Your dream soufflé is cooked, when consumed...

Beyond Reason

Questions about questions

Why is it so hard to think of unanswerable questions when life is made up of them?
Why are some questions called 'unanswerable' when they have one million answers?
why is life defined by possible questions when it should be defined by possible answers?
Why am I questioning questioning questions? 

Your View

Our World, what I think.

1. Everyone is a friend, no mater of faith, race or opinion, we are all the same.
we are or human, we live in the same world, breath the same air, we are the same.

2.Success is not measured in money, or fame, it is measured in love.
Nowadays everything seems to be about money, money and celebrities who squander their money on mansions. This, to me is not success, i believe that success is a smile returned, friends to care for and to care in turn. success is measured in love. 

3.Everyone's voices should be heard, you should be able to talk to people in government, and make a difference.
The future of our country is placed in the hands of a couple of important people right at the top of the government. my opinion is that everyone should get a say, not just in ticking a box yes or no, or choosing between 2 people, actually...

Invented Cartography

The valley of Astistan

The valley of Astistan has often been called mother natures palace. A stream sings between two towering hills as if a giant finger had absently traced a path through the earth. The river swells and continues down the dell, bordered by the emerald cliffs, for a mile or two. then, with no warning, the green hills melt and flatten out as the river flows into a silver lake. The et luna in mare or ocean of the moon, named so for the un-natural stillness of this vast body of water, and the way, at night the moons reflection shines so clearly from its depths, as if the moon had indeed fallen from the sky. 

Alien

London City
Planet earth

First impressions

The people here live like animals. 
In square boxes, blocking out the sun.
They travel around in tin cans, 
And steel serpents that belch smoke,
The sky is littered with metal dragons, 
And stars are almost non-existent.
At night the dark is banished by neon lights.
And the stars seem fainter, muted. 
The moon sombre, smaller somehow than at home.
I miss the moon.
It was my friend.

Voices, footsteps coming closer, I slink into the shadows, melting into the dark, sudden fear pumping through my veins, but no, they're never find me here.

They have this thing, here in the UK.
They call it democracy,
Choice of The people,
But it doesn't seem like that, 
It's the important people who seem to make the decisions,
Not The people.

They're always arguing, people, if they really had a choice there wouldn't be any arguing, would there?

Everyone talks about freedom,
They live in a...

Names, Names, Names

Names, names... more names

A breakfast joint- egg on toast
A new smartphone- milkyway
An eyeglasses store- eye need glasses
A dog pound- save our skins 
A highway- H1 
An island resort- ocean blue 
A new constellation- the star 
A pet polar bear- snowy (so original...) 
A nail polish color- purple galaxy  
A new butterfly species- flying grace

This I Believe

to make someone smile

I collapsed on my bed and let tiredness wash over me. And with it came the pungent stench of hopelessness. Was this the point of each day? simply to reach the next day, an the next? surly there was more to it. i felt like a rainbow of colours had suddenly been replaced with grey, as if life was grey. I stared into space, trying to pluck a alternative from thin air. Then it hit me. Warmth bubbled up inside me and i felt a smile spreading across my  face. Because the point of each day isn't to reach the next. the point of each day is to make someone else's day that little bit better. the point of each day is to make someone smile. the point of each day is to make someone life just that little bit more colourful.
This I believe.

Open Prompt

In a word

Life in a word;

Indescribable 

indescribable in a word;

anything

anything in a word;

everything 

Newsworthy

'united' kingdom

The united kingdom

United
Combined into a single entity.
Concerned with, produced by, or resulting from mutual action.
Being in harmony; agreed.

recently this has not been true of great britian. The Brexit vote has ripped our community apart. Separating us. We are not a single entity, any action we take is certainly not mutual, we do not live in harmony, we are not agreed.What has become of the dream of 1800 ? 

What Came Before

too late

I am sitting in a large bright room. the flowers on the window sill give the illusion of hope, but its as fake as the flowers. we all can sense it. the dreadful hopelessness that hangs around, a suffocating blanket.this place has a stench of decay, seeping through the mask of chemicals and disinfectant. in the corner an old man hunches, eyes staring unseeing at a decade old copy of the Times. a 5 year old girl has given up screaming for her mother, no she sits, silent tears streaming down her face, her eyes wide in her pale face. Too wide, too pale. A nurse opens the door and stars at me stricken,  "ms Baxter, I'm so sorry...", I can read in her eyes the words she doesn't dare utter, 'its to late, she's gone, she's dead'

WILD

Storm for a soul

Wild.
Untamed.
A storm for a soul.
Raging fire,
burning red.
Uncontrollable. 
Uncontainable.
Feeding of darkness,
living on a diet of nightmares.
You cannot stop the seasons change,
or hold back the tide.
Wild is unstoppable.
Wild is me.

1 Photo, 100 Words

Going with the flow

they're heartless, just empty shells
I'm not sure if i mean the jellyfish or the people.
The jellyfish
Flouting in a tank. Not living at all, simply being.
The people
Content to fill they're lives with meaningless words
Promises
Not living at all. simply being. 
They have no brain.
The jellyfish. 
following the current. Not thinking at all, simply floating.
The people
Stuck in there own tank.
Just going with the flow. Stuck in waters of culture. 
Not thinking at all, simply floating
Jellyfish
people
whats the difference 
Really. 

TV Pilot Competition

Control

EXTERIOR - ABANDONED CITY - DAY
ZADIA AMBROS (21) and TREYE MORIANA (19) are running franticly through the abandoned city to the sound of suspenseful music. 
ZADIA  : come on!
TREYE : I don't think I can...
Music fades. Treye is obviously lagging behind. Theres a flash and he  falls to the ground, blood seeping from his leg.
ZADIA: Treye!
Zadia sprints over to were Trye is on the floor panting.
TREYE: Please Zadia, you go... save your self.. its to late. Go. Run.
Treye closes his eyes and Zadia, traumatised runs off.
CUT TO
INTERIOR - ABANDONED WARE HOUSE - DAY
the ware house looks like its being used as some kind of base. There are a couple of people around.KYEL GOTT (28) approaches  Zadia as she enters. 
KYLE: Wheres Treye? 
ZADIA: Dead
Kyle covers his face with his hands
KYLE: oh god, how?
ZADIA: it was a drone... we were running, he got shot in the leg.
KYLE: thats the third this...

Why I Write

Thoughts

I write to untangle the silken threads of my thoughts
To weave a picture of a thousand colours
To escape the greys and shadows of life
I write 
To understand.

Signing Off

Goodbye 2016

Dear 2016
I guess, to start, I should say thank you, for chucking so many opportunities my way. I mean Peter Pan and twelfth night, performing on a stage. The summer holidays was great to, mostly, but I guess you have to even it out, a year can't be all good. But seriously 2016, your going to have a bad reputation, of the year a blond idiot was voted president elect (I have nothing against blonds, I'm blond, but thats Trump), the year UK left the EU, the year terrorist were at large (and still are). I mean ok, maybe I'm being a bit harsh, you have done some great things for me too. Start of last year i found my feet in my new school, good friends, interesting lessons, Im still in touch with my old friends to, so thanks for that, you've given me lots of little moments of joy that may not seem a lot in the...

The Peace of Wild Things

Library of dreams

open up the covers
leaf through pages old
step inside a dream
forget the chores you have to do
the monsters at your door
forget the argument you've had 
the stalking beast inside you
step inside another life
another world 
a different past
a different future 
step inside a dream
freedom

My December Competition

A walk through December

As I walk down a corridor somewhere in my mind, I see a door labeled Christmas, and now I walk inside. 
In our sitting room, the first saturday of the month. Ben's in the corner, setting up his camrea on time lapse mode, trying to capture our christmas in a speeded up video of the past. As I reverently stroke each tree decoration, and stare in awe at the emerald giant, who's naked boughs welcome us. We cloth him in memories and smiles and laughs as one by one we place our decorations upon his arms. And Daddy is grinning as he points out, a bauble from india, from Mumbai, Timbuktu. And Mummy untangles glass stars from once gold streamers and silver angles too. And Sam and Ben laugh, and shake their heads at each other as I narrowly miss hurling myself into the tree.
and I crouch by a key hole, somewhere in my mind, see twinkling lights and laughter...

Rosie's 161 Likes

melancholy by thecrazychatlady

Published about 6 hours ago

Broken voice box by Dreamer5003

Published about 7 hours ago

The Odd Adventures of Leo Wyle by Maybeeso

Published 1 day ago

Ankh by Soo Young (Soo) Yun

Published 3 days ago

​The Falcon's Flight by HollyDays

Published 5 days ago

Happy Happy City by Lee Fudge

Published 12 days ago

I Don't Even Know Anymore by Spork

Published 11 days ago

Dear Britain by RedWriter

Published 11 days ago

Chapter One: Graveyard by Laika

Published 16 days ago

The Ones by Rachel A.

Published 18 days ago

Bandwagon My Dudes by Reanimated

Published 20 days ago

My Favorite Paradox by Spork

Published 26 days ago

Métro by ALangford

Published about 1 month ago

Loneliness by Nonsensical

Published about 1 month ago

Refuge by darlingdrizzle

Published about 1 month ago

My Lonely Ruff by neo7v

Published about 1 month ago

An Elephant? by Juneisle

Published about 1 month ago

A New Friend by Aaliyah

Published about 2 months ago

my peak by Fidgetsally

Published about 1 month ago

Me, on the page by JCWriter

Published about 2 months ago

Learning From Inquiry by toufique islam

Published about 2 months ago

The Emperor's Humiliation by Puddleduck

Published about 2 months ago

morning vertigo by Fidgetsally

Published about 2 months ago

Children That Have Changed My Life by Korai

Published 2 months ago

Your Only Chance by Korai

Published 2 months ago

Brother by Starchild

Published 2 months ago

Pathos by Starchild

Published 2 months ago

Help? by RedWriter

Published 2 months ago

​Dirty Money by jasonstarlight

Published 2 months ago

Wednesday by Fidgetsally

Published 2 months ago

​Progression by RedWriter

Published 2 months ago

Saturday by Molly Ko

Published 3 months ago

When the Sky Fills with Smoke by ARS7

Published 3 months ago

Words by Desiree

Published 3 months ago

Hurting Your Mother by An@nya

Published 3 months ago

Two Mutts by progress

Published 3 months ago

Uncertainty by Rowaniozolins

Published 3 months ago

midnight snack by Soph Gibson

Published 7 months ago

Blind by Korai

Published 3 months ago

I Just Don't Know by Suit of Swords

Published 3 months ago

​A Letter to You Trump. by Natashia Grace

Published 3 months ago

Lonely Heart by Maria Hidalgo

Published 3 months ago

*Help With Name* by RedWriter

Published 3 months ago

JONES IS THE BEST DETECTIVE by Mishita Jain

Published 3 months ago

Only Dreaming by Not_A_Human

Published 3 months ago

Needle And Thread by Vanilla

Published 3 months ago

Standstill by sarah leying

Published 3 months ago

The Butterfly Clip by molly18191

Published 3 months ago

wheels by devyani.m

Published 3 months ago

Hiroshima by jasonstarlight

Published 3 months ago

Am I Bigger than God? by shayan

Published 3 months ago

I Am Who I Choose to Be by Diminika

Published 3 months ago

After The Fall by Brianna Thomas

Published 3 months ago

Endless by laurasteel

Published 3 months ago

Here To Stay by lyrathunder22

Published 3 months ago

Collision by taramccabe

Published 4 months ago

Not Real by Chewy Noodles

Published 4 months ago

A Magical Wish by Azima Huggins

Published 4 months ago

A Midnight Exchange by Isla-Grace Davies

Published 4 months ago

Glytch's Log by Glytch Montoya

Published 4 months ago

The Monster Under the Bed by Deleted User

Published 4 months ago

The Tire Swing by ARS7

Published 4 months ago

My Hope by BlueWriter

Published 4 months ago

A story by Elizabeth Bennet

Published 4 months ago

Supernova by Angelina Nguyen

Published 4 months ago

Wish Flowers by Mystery Girl

Published 4 months ago

it by Fidgetsally

Published 4 months ago

s c h o o l by agustdv

Published 4 months ago

Firework Memories by ARS7

Published 5 months ago

My Writing Philosophy by PhoenixLegend

Published 7 months ago

If the World is Flat by PhoenixLegend

Published 6 months ago

Everyone by UNC Angel

Published 5 months ago

Amelia and the Cookie Jar by fandomyfangirl

Published 5 months ago

Stickers by Angelina Nguyen

Published 5 months ago

The Box by Angelina Nguyen

Published 5 months ago

Colors of the Masterpiece by yumigul

Published 5 months ago

Quinn's star by Rebekah Mau

Published 5 months ago

The Monster by littlebigthoughts

Published 5 months ago

My Sister is the Ghost of a Person by MG Cowan

Published 5 months ago

Do you remember... by Rosie

Published 5 months ago

Escape by caswin1

Published 5 months ago

Fly on the Wall by MG Cowan

Published 5 months ago

An Apology to Polar Bears by Jafrin

Published 5 months ago

Froot Loop by aharry01

Published about 1 year ago

My Sister Hates Me by Jared Tolosa

Published 5 months ago

Socks (WIP) by she's-got-a-story

Published 6 months ago

Issac and the Big Red Balloon by Timshel26

Published 6 months ago

for the Cause of writing by yapyapxy

Published 6 months ago

Erase by Harper O'Dell

Published 6 months ago

Flower Arranging by Benista Owusu-Amo

Published 6 months ago

Start-Ups by Benista Owusu-Amo

Published 7 months ago

Magic mornings by Rosie

Published 6 months ago

​5th Grade by amalahmed1008

Published 6 months ago

No, You're Doing it Wrong by she's-got-a-story

Published 6 months ago

The Clouds by caswin1

Published 6 months ago

A Few Tips To Help You Write :) by caswin1

Published 6 months ago

Another Pretty Face by Cheryl Lock

Published 7 months ago

Not a Foe by Slayapersin

Published 6 months ago

A Familiar Stranger by tessa021

Published 6 months ago

Turned to Stone by Marie Teigen

Published 7 months ago

Ice of Summer, Heat of snow by Prov31type

Published 7 months ago

Secrets Get Buried by chloe.forssell@gmail.com

Published 7 months ago

Flatline by Steven Lange

Published 7 months ago

Lies by Rosie

Published 7 months ago

Gifted by Jolenify

Published 7 months ago

Life's Puzzle by tay_marie1009

Published 7 months ago

Waiting. by Sadakosa

Published 7 months ago

April Girl by wannabepoet

Published 7 months ago

North Doors Closing by Danie Oberman

Published 7 months ago

The Bat in the Rafters by Grover_the_forest

Published 8 months ago

The Importance of Words by Grover_the_forest

Published 7 months ago

Color by Maggie Mills

Published about 2 years ago

Prisoners of War by Fiona Boland

Published 7 months ago

Cigarette by Allie-Dickson

Published 7 months ago

scrabble me by lexnuhn@comcast.net

Published 7 months ago

Poetry's soul by Shenn

Published 8 months ago

This Year by Faith Camp

Published 8 months ago

Not My Fault by horsiegirl

Published 8 months ago

Sparrow by AscendingSeraph

Published 8 months ago

Dilemma by Rachel Frohriep

Published 8 months ago

Growth by Rachel Frohriep

Published 8 months ago

Hiding From Hitler by Zoe Skaggs

Published 8 months ago

Growing up by Michael O'Brien

Published 8 months ago

D-Day by Riley Noel

Published 9 months ago

Blind by Riley Noel

Published 8 months ago

Love by UNC Angel

Published 8 months ago

I Remember When... by kanigi7

Published 8 months ago

The Sea by Tristan

Published 8 months ago

Unlearnt lessons by Ellen W

Published 8 months ago

Dreamfish by Zoe G.

Published 9 months ago

OUSTIDE by Crazyspark1

Published 9 months ago

Forbidden Words by Mader

Published 9 months ago

​Silent Observations by Grace Ow

Published 9 months ago

To Whom Can I Confess? by gracecroken

Published 9 months ago

Darling, it's the small things by yapyapxy

Published 9 months ago

The Ghosts by she's-got-a-story

Published 9 months ago

shaken by Shanti

Published 9 months ago

Cartography by Maggie Mills

Published 9 months ago

IMAGINATION by WritingWarrior

Published about 1 year ago

Kuri, the Robot Nanny by Aaliyah

Published 9 months ago

Free Writing by Kyle Chin

Published 9 months ago

Hi My Name Is... by this_kid_is

Published 10 months ago

The Practice of Pursuit by NikNakPateeWak

Published 9 months ago

The Darkness by Ashleigh Smith

Published 10 months ago

back home by facesosunny

Published 10 months ago

Time by Riley Noel

Published 10 months ago

Wild by Riley Noel

Published 10 months ago

Wild Idea by callie_03

Published 10 months ago

Attitude by Caitlin Devlin

Published 11 months ago

Questioning Reality by Vanilla

Published 11 months ago

Dear Mouse by Norah

Published 11 months ago

83 Likes from Others

I want a life worth living

Liked by 2 people

Cradled by the wind

Liked by 2 people

So we could all stand as one

Liked by 4 people

Peeling paint

Liked by 3 people

Tick tick tick.

Liked by 3 people

the world we live in now

Liked by 1 person

Our maker

Liked by 2 people

Why I believe in God

Liked by 3 people

Drowning

Liked by 2 people

Unsaid goodbye

Liked by 2 people

Too tired

Liked by 1 person

Alone with the world.

Liked by 2 people

Runaway

Liked by 1 person

Just a lost kid

Liked by 2 people

Robin redbreast

Liked by 2 people

Runaway

Liked by 1 person

Runaway

Liked by 1 person

Unsaid goodbye

Liked by 2 people

Tick tick tick.

Liked by 2 people

but why grandma?

Liked by 1 person

Lucy the real-life princess

Liked by 4 people

Drip

Liked by 3 people

​Living forest

Liked by 2 people

Suitcase

Liked by 4 people

Suitcase

Liked by 1 person

Suitcase

Liked by 1 person

Suitcase

Liked by 1 person

Suitcase

Liked by 1 person

At 13

Liked by 1 person

No safety net

Liked by 2 people

No safety net

Liked by 2 people

thoughts

Liked by 1 person

Do you remember...

Liked by 2 people

Lucy the real-life princess

Liked by 4 people

Lucy the real-life princess

Liked by 3 people

Lucy the real-life princess

Liked by 1 person

The living ocean deep

Liked by 1 person

Magic mornings

Liked by 2 people

Wishful thinking

Liked by 1 person

Lies

Liked by 1 person

Lies

Liked by 1 person

Derailed

Liked by 2 people

Cat

Liked by 3 people

At the Beginning

Liked by 1 person

Time

Liked by 1 person

Time

Liked by 2 people

Words can heal

Liked by 2 people

Time

Liked by 5 people

cause you've had enough

Liked by 3 people

Time

Liked by 2 people

I got something to say...

Liked by 2 people

writing prompt

Liked by 2 people

I remember how we forgot

Liked by 2 people

writing prompt

Liked by 1 person

Our society is twisted

Liked by 1 person

clouds

Liked by 1 person

Fear

Liked by 1 person

empty presence

Liked by 1 person

finding a bridge

Liked by 1 person

The valley of Astistan

Liked by 1 person

Our World, what I think.

Liked by 1 person

song of my life

Liked by 2 people

writing prompt

Liked by 1 person

Questions about questions

Liked by 1 person

Really, you don't

Liked by 1 person

Reality

Liked by 1 person

we are no better

Liked by 1 person

Dream soufflé

Liked by 1 person

Questions about questions

Liked by 2 people

I will try

Liked by 1 person

Names, names... more names

Liked by 1 person

to make someone smile

Liked by 3 people

In a word

Liked by 1 person

26 sentences with him.

Liked by 2 people

Storm for a soul

Liked by 2 people

'united' kingdom

Liked by 1 person

too late

Liked by 1 person

Going with the flow

Liked by 1 person

Library of dreams

Liked by 1 person

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned 11 months ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned 11 months ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned 9 months ago

Supporter

You're following over 10 other writers right now.

Earned 9 months ago

Admirer

You've followed over twenty other writers!

Earned 8 months ago

Patron

You're following over thirty other writers!

Earned 7 months ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned 9 months ago

Super star

You've got SO many followers - more than thirty!

Earned 6 months ago

Power writer

Do you ever sleep? You've written over TEN THOUSAND WORDS.

Earned 5 months ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned 12 months ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned 10 months ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned 11 months ago

Popular penman

Very nicely done - you've got over ten favorites.

Earned 9 months ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned 9 months ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned 12 months ago

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.