Image

Hannah Kuduk

Image

Hannah Kuduk (United States) published:

Phases

Three extraordinary occurrences are necessary to create a lunar eclipse. The moon must reach its fullest point in the sky, it must pass directly behind the earth to hide in it’s shadow, and the sun, earth, and moon must all be in complete, harmonious alignment. It’s no wonder that there are only two lunar eclipses in every cycle of 365 days, as it’s rare in life for all paths to cross at exactly the right moment in time. Some might...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Image
3
1

Hannah Kuduk (United States) published:

Socks

In fifth grade, the teacher asked us to share what we did over the weekend. 

She was the cool teacher because she let us call her by her first name, she told us stories about her friends from college, and she always wore crazy knee-high socks under her teacher pants. 

I thought that if I wore socks like hers, maybe she'd think I was cool too. 

The boy with the incredible hair raised his hand, he laughed, and he told...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Image
6
1

Hannah Kuduk (United States) published:

Simply Unattainable

It's simple.

Get good grades so you can get into a good college so you can get a good job so you can make enough money to have kids and send your kids to a good college so they can get a good job so…

So.

Here's a box. Fit inside it.

Feel the pressure. Feel like this score is going to determine the rest of your life. Become a memorization machine, and forget it all after the test is...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Image

Hannah Kuduk (United States) liked Do They Care? Now I Know. by alaina_janette (United States)

Image
Favoriter

Hannah Kuduk (United States) earned a badge Favoriter

Image
3
1

Hannah Kuduk (United States) published:

Relatability

I’ve never particularly liked Disney Princesses. That’s not to say I don’t appreciate a fancy gown with somewhere to wear it or a dark-haired prince every now and then, because let’s be honest, I’d be the last person to shy away from frivolity. In reality, it has always been second nature for me to wish upon stars and dream of my own "happily ever after", so for most of my life, I could not pinpoint the reason why I never...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Image
3
1

Hannah Kuduk (United States) published:

Relatability

Seeking Peer Reviews

Image
Selfie

Hannah Kuduk (United States) started following Kayla (United States)

Image
Leader

Hannah Kuduk (United States) earned a badge Leader

Image

Hannah Kuduk (United States) liked Subtotals by alaina_janette (United States)

Phases

Three extraordinary occurrences are necessary to create a lunar eclipse. The moon must reach its fullest point in the sky, it must pass directly behind the earth to hide in it’s shadow, and the sun, earth, and moon must all be in complete, harmonious alignment. It’s no wonder that there are only two lunar eclipses in every cycle of 365 days, as it’s rare in life for all paths to cross at exactly the right moment in time. Some might call these circumstances coincidence or luck. I call them miracles. However on the warm, dewy night of the September 28th lunar eclipse, I wasn’t contemplating miracles, or wondering who else might also be under the moon like I was, waiting for it to cast it’s defining red glow. I was thinking about “birthday resolutions.”

At its beginning, the eclipse would see me at seventeen years old, and by its end, around midnight as the 28th turned into the 29th, I...

Socks

The boy with the incredible hair raised his hand, he laughed, and he told the class about hockey. He could've been talking about spinach and he would have still charmed us all. 

I loved him silently from across the room, and I hoped he'd be charmed by me too. 

The sparkling girl with the doe eyes raised her hand, and she told the class about the shopping mall. Her mom allowed her to go there by herself. She oozed beauty and fashion and independence. 

I tried to dress like her, and I wondered if...

Simply Unattainable

It's simple.

So.

Here's a box. Fit inside it.

Feel the pressure. Feel like this score is going to determine the rest of your life. Become a memorization machine, and forget it all after the test is over. All you have to do is get 100% of the answers correct, but don't forget that we told you that it's okay to make mistakes! Remember, the best thing you can be is an A. The worst thing you can be is an F.

Be studious. Do your homework, but not just to get it done. Understand it and get the right answers, but don't spend hours on it. Oh, and have a social life. Extracurriculars look really good...

Relatability

I’ve never particularly liked Disney Princesses. That’s not to say I don’t appreciate a fancy gown with somewhere to wear it or a dark-haired prince every now and then, because let’s be honest, I’d be the last person to shy away from frivolity. In reality, it has always been second nature for me to wish upon stars and dream of my own "happily ever after", so for most of my life, I could not pinpoint the reason why I never connected with the beautiful and wholesome girls in the rags-to-riches fairytales. At a certain point in my young life, not only did all of the girls my age worship the princesses, but they wanted to bethem. Meanwhile, even though I was the type who liked to dress up and play with my mom's makeup, nothing about the Disney Princesses struck me as special. They were definitely not anything I aspired to become, because back then, they were merely bland...

Open Prompt

This is Not a "Coming Out" Story

By the time I was ten years old, I had a husband, a house, five kids, and a dog. 

Not in the literal sense of course. 

My husband was imaginary and never actually took any physical form, although I will admit that he may or may not have been based on a real person, my crush from elementary school who was two years older than me (which, at that time, might as well have been 20 years older). My house was a makeshift playhouse in our basement, complete with a plastic kitchen, a living room with a couch made of bean bags, and a dining room, which doubled as our crafting table. My kids were all baby dolls who aged quickly as the metaphorical years passed by, even though the dolls never grew or looked any older. I took my doll children very seriously. They all had names and personalities, they were fed plastic food three times a day, and...

She and Books and Life

They said that every book on her shelf would be there for one of two reasons. 

One.

Teach her a lesson. Open those stubborn, heavy eyelids of hers. Tell it to her as it is and not as she would wish it to be.

Two. 

Be a comforting friend and a lifetime love whose words have been rolled around in her mouth so many times that on any given day, if asked, she could trace every curvature of the language with her tongue. 

Creased corners and cracked spines. The kind of story that, when turned through her fingers again, will always remind her of that time when this same part was read by the fire on the first snowfall of winter, five years ago. 

And even though the pages are thin and can tear easily, she doesn't think about how fragile they are. She only thinks about how gentle she should treat them so that she will be...

Enigma

They never believed in love at first sight. They never believed in the magic of wishes that come true, not by coincidence, but by the pure power of wishing hard enough. I don't blame them. Maybe they were cynical or broken-hearted. Maybe they weren't searching for meant-to-be. Maybe they were tired and spent their time blowing smoke rings out of their apartment windows, because goddamnit, there was nothing better to do. Nothing beautiful to see. Nothing important enough to write or sing or shout from the rooftops. Nothing. Maybe they'd never seen a face that looked like the cool clarity of the ocean, and the warm ease of a sunrise at the same time. They probably didn't believe that such things existed. 

But he existed. 

That boy existed. 

He didn't only exist. He danced and laughed and oozed passion and burned through souls with the intent, blue and green comfort and mystery of his eyes. You didn't want those...

Hannah Kuduk's 3 Likes

Do They Care? Now I Know. by alaina_janette

Published over 1 year ago

Subtotals by alaina_janette

Published almost 2 years ago

A Letter To Him//Ramblings by alaina_janette

Published about 2 years ago

7 Likes from Others

Socks

Liked by 3 people

Simply Unattainable

Liked by 6 people

Relatability

Liked by 3 people

She and Books and Life

Liked by 4 people

Enigma

Liked by 1 person

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned almost 2 years ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned over 1 year ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned about 2 years ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned over 1 year ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Competitor inactive

It's as easy as entering a competition to earn this badge.

Follower inactive

Follow over five other writers and you'll get a badge for your efforts.

Good neighbor inactive

Be a good neighbor - add a profile image and write a short biography.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Prolific inactive

Publish over ten different pieces to be truly prolific!

Reviewer inactive

Just write and submit a review to become a reviewer. Get to it!

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Supporter inactive

Get supportive. Follow over ten other writers and get a badge too.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.