tiredwriter

Default avatar user icon
3
1

tiredwriter (United States) published:

Tough Girl

PROMPT: Quartet

She wore a jacket made of woven smoke. She brought skin to a boil with her stare. She stomped on souls and sidewalk cracks with the same indifference. And on Saturdays, she held her father's shriveled hand as he writhed in his hospital bed.

Default avatar user icon
1

tiredwriter (United States) published:

Just a Moment Longer

PROMPT: Six-Word Memoir

What am I waiting for, again?

Default avatar user icon

tiredwriter (United States) published:

The City I Now See

PROMPT: Ten Words to You

There is new all around, and I now know where.

Default avatar user icon

tiredwriter (United States) published:

Jumpsuit Gentleman

PROMPT: That Sort of Person

He is the kind of man who rests his palm on the frame of your car, listening to its hum as a confirmation that there can be life found in this autoshop.

Default avatar user icon
1
1

tiredwriter (United States) published:

Live, Laugh, Write About It

PROMPT: Why I Write

Like when my father comes home to his dieting wife carrying a bag containing three kinds of ice cream, comfort is an enabler. Not as obvious as Triple Chocolate Chunk, comfort has a way of keeping you exactly where you are. And why would you question what makes you feel safe, what makes you feel successful? People don’t find it comforting to think about where they’ll sleep tonight if the answer is uncertain. By having constants in our lives, we...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
2

tiredwriter (United States) published:

Fair Warning

PROMPT: The Limerick

There was a small dog named Bear
with a sign that said "WARNING! BEWARE!"
A child was eaten
when in speed, he was beaten.
And that is why the sign is still there.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

tiredwriter (United States) published:

Elaria

PROMPT: Invisible Cities

After stumbling through the dense forests, losing your footing as you cross countless rivers, and fumbling with your courage to press on in your journey to wherever it is supposed to lead you, look to the mountains; then look higher. Crane your neck to the point you feel your head attempt to detach, for only then will you notice that there, nestled among the towering mountains, rests a city that glows with such intensity that for a moment you forget about the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
Self editor

tiredwriter (United States) earned a badge Self-Editor

Default avatar user icon
Publisher

tiredwriter (United States) earned a badge Publisher

Default avatar user icon
4

tiredwriter (United States) published:

Elaria

PROMPT: Invisible Cities

After stumbling through the dense forests, losing your footing as you cross countless rivers, and fumbling with your courage to press on in your journey to wherever it is supposed to lead you, look to the mountains; then look higher. Crane your neck to the point you feel your head attempt to detach, for only then will you notice that there, nestled among the towering mountains, rests a city that glows with such intensity, for a moment you forget about the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Quartet

Tough Girl

Six-Word Memoir

Just a Moment Longer

What am I waiting for, again?

Ten Words to You

The City I Now See

That Sort of Person

Jumpsuit Gentleman

Why I Write

Live, Laugh, Write About It

Like when my father comes home to his dieting wife carrying a bag containing three kinds of ice cream, comfort is an enabler. Not as obvious as Triple Chocolate Chunk, comfort has a way of keeping you exactly where you are. And why would you question what makes you feel safe, what makes you feel successful? People don’t find it comforting to think about where they’ll sleep tonight if the answer is uncertain. By having constants in our lives, we are comforted.

As a quiet yet happy kid, I found comfort in silence. Books became my closest companions because they put up a wall that muffled the sound coming from the world. This is not to say that I harbored a hatred for those around me, but rather I was the child who read on the playground and liked the way that the text sounded in my head as I sat on the swings and felt the sun drape...

The Limerick

Fair Warning

There was a small dog named Bear
A child was eaten
when in speed, he was beaten.

Invisible Cities

Elaria

After stumbling through the dense forests, losing your footing as you cross countless rivers, and fumbling with your courage to press on in your journey to wherever it is supposed to lead you, look to the mountains; then look higher. Crane your neck to the point you feel your head attempt to detach, for only then will you notice that there, nestled among the towering mountains, rests a city that glows with such intensity that for a moment you forget about the fatigue creeping up your legs.

The aching returns as you find yourself ambling towards the brightness.

There's a pulse that pounds underneath the dirt. You wait for the city to become louder as you approach, but no increase in sound ever reaches your ears, only a distinct feeling that there is life up ahead.

You pull yourself up by the elbows and rise to your feet. The sun is beginning to sink towards the ground behind you now; you can...

Invisible Cities

Elaria

After stumbling through the dense forests, losing your footing as you cross countless rivers, and fumbling with your courage to press on in your journey to wherever it is supposed to lead you, look to the mountains; then look higher. Crane your neck to the point you feel your head attempt to detach, for only then will you notice that there, nestled among the towering mountains, rests a city that glows with such intensity, for a moment you forget about the fatigue creeping up your legs.

There's a pulsating that pounds underneath the dirt. You wait for the city to become louder as you approach, but no increase in sound ever reaches your ears, only a distinct feeling that there is life up ahead.

You pull yourself up my the elbows and rise to your feet. The sun is beginning to sink towards the ground behind you now, you can...

No Likes Yet

tiredwriter doesn't have any likes yet.

4 Likes from Others

Live, Laugh, Write About It

Liked by 1 person

Tough Girl

Liked by 3 people

Just a Moment Longer

Liked by 1 person

Fair Warning

Liked by 2 people

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned almost 3 years ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned almost 3 years ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned almost 3 years ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Favoriter inactive

Get favoriting - read and favorite over ten pieces published by others to earn this badge.

Follower inactive

Follow over five other writers and you'll get a badge for your efforts.

Good neighbor inactive

Be a good neighbor - add a profile image and write a short biography.

Leader inactive

Become a leader of the pack when over five other writers start following you.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Prolific inactive

Publish over ten different pieces to be truly prolific!

Reviewer inactive

Just write and submit a review to become a reviewer. Get to it!

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Supporter inactive

Get supportive. Follow over ten other writers and get a badge too.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.

1 Follower

Lola Mae Lola Mae

tiredwriter isn't following anyone yet.