Write the World Partnerships

Write the World has proudly collaborated with the following organizations:

Boston public library logo

Boston Public Library

Established in 1848, the Boston Public Library was the first large free municipal library in the United States. Today, it serves Boston residents through its collections and programs. Boston Public Library partnered with us during Library Lovers Month on a special prompt celebrating the importance of local libraries.

Bow seat logo

Bow Seat Ocean Awareness Programs Inc.

Bow Seat is a Boston-based nonprofit that fosters students’ awareness of ocean conservation through the arts, science, and advocacy.  We collaborated with Bow Seat to deliver our Earth Day Writing Competition.

Celf logo

Children’s Environmental Literacy Foundation (CELF)

CELF is a nonprofit organization dedicated to making sustainability an integral part of K-12 education. Write the World was proud to promote this shared goal as part of our Earth Day Writing Competition.

Earth day network logo

Earth Day Network

Earth Day Network’s mission is to diversify, educate, and activate the environmental movement worldwide. We collaborated with Earth Day Network on our Earth Day Writing Competition to raise the voices of young people in the global discourse on climate change and the environment.

Edward kennedy institute logo

Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate

The Edward M. Kennedy Institute brings Senator Kennedy’s vision for dynamic civic engagement to life. The Institute creates educational programs, public forums, and digital exhibits that help individuals contribute to their communities. Because Senator Edward Kennedy was known for his ability to spark positive change through his words, we partnered with the Institute to host our annual Op-Ed Writing Competition.

Grand canyon national park logo

Grand Canyon National Park

Grand Canyon National Park is part of the United States National Park Foundation. With our shared interest in environmental preservation and protection, we worked with Grand Canyon National Park to bring the Earth Day Writing Competition to Write the World members.

Grub street logo

GrubStreet

As one of the nation’s leading creative writing centers, GrubStreet shares WtW’s mission to encourage young people to write in a supportive and encouraging community. Each November, we collaborate with Grub Street for our Novel Writing Competition.

Jfk museum logo

John F. Kennedy Library Foundation

The John F. Kennedy Library Foundation is dedicated to furthering the legacy of the United States’s thirty-fifth president and to all those who, through the art of politics, seek a new and better world. Write the World shares the Library’s passion for creating opportunities for young people to contribute their voices to civic discourse. We partnered with the Library on a prompt asking writers to reflect on John F. Kennedy’s definition of courage.

Jea logo

Journalism Education Association

The Journalism Education Association promotes scholastic journalism by recognizing and rewarding student excellence and teacher achievement. Our joint Op-Ed Competition prompted Write the World members to demonstrate the power of opinion writing.

Listen first logo

Listen First Project

Listen First Project teaches conversational skills that promote positive social relationships and better understanding.  We worked with Listen First Project during their week of National Conversation by encouraging our writers to share ideas on the power of listening.

Mass poetry logo

Massachusetts Poetry - Outreach Project

Mass Poetry supports poets and poetry in Massachusetts to help broaden the audience of poetry readers, bring poetry to readers of all ages, and transform people’s lives through inspiring verse. We collaborated with Mass Poetry on our annual Poetry and Spoken Word Competition.

Pen america logo

PEN America

PEN America is one of the pre-eminent writing organizations in the United States, founded in 1922 to support writers and their freedom of expression. We collaborated with PEN for our My December Competition.

Save elephant logo

Save Elephant Foundation

Save Elephant Foundation is a Thailand nonprofit organization dedicated to providing care and assistance to Thailand’s captive elephant population. With our shared interest in environmental protection and preservation, we collaborated with Save Elephant Foundation on our Earth Day Writing Competition.

Seventeen logo

Seventeen

For nearly 75 years, Seventeen has helped generations of girls navigate adolescence by delivering the latest news on topics vital to young people around the world. We collaborated with Seventeen on our Personal Narrative Competition, inviting young writers to reflect on how they make change in their communities.

Thrive global logo

Thrive Global

Thrive Global and Thrive on Campus are social media forums developed by Arianna Huffington and dedicated to improving mental well-being among college students. Write the World partnered with Thrive Global on the Unplugged: Op-Ed Competition which challenged students to reflect on the role of social media in their lives.