Starlitskies

Sri Lanka

She/Her
17
INTJ
Reader and Writer
Feminist
Coder

Go check out my WtW twin sister Zirong! She's amazing!

Scribble Chums with remi'sgotinkstains, useless :) and em wilder.

est. 26 Oct 2020

I don't know what this is, but I hope you enjoy! :)

Hope you have a great day/night! <3

Transcendent

Lightning. Last night, heaven exposed itself. Two a.m. and the dark suffocating my lungs, I knelt at the edge of the bed to catch a glimpse of this god. The sky inhaled and exploded, flashing the white ribs of its underbelly. At the dead of the night, for a second and just for a second, it was day. 

Silence. Last night, absence pulled my breath backwards. I tumbled with it, into myself then outwards, and then we waited.

Thunder. Last night, the universe ran through me in a single breath. The air static electric, god, it felt orgasmic to touch skin with the cosmos. Shudders, then reverberations running under yellow street lights, falling out of dissonance in the air. I listened to the sky cry for a love that left too fast.

Lightning. Last night, I saw the bones of heaven. Silence. Last night, I held my breath in between. Thunder. Last night, I heard the cries for god,

and I forgot the rain.

• May 7, 2021 - 8:15am (Now Viewing)

• wishtree

wow, this is gorgeous. the line "absence pulled my breath backwards. I tumbled with it, into myself then outwards, and then we waited." took my breath away (pun intended? unintended? i'm not sure, but this was lovely to read)

• Zirong

OMG sis I'm SO HAPPY they picked this piece! Awww I love it even more every time I re-read it. Sending love <333

• The_Sunrise_Queen

this is sooo beautiful!!!!!! oh my gosh! congratulations!!!!!

• barelybear

Wow!! This is definitely a stunning read! Congrats :D

this is absolutely stunning. gorgeous writing!!! wow. i have no words

Love it!! Congrats :)

WOW. Absolutely stunning! This piece is so vividly written, and I can almost feel the thunder rattling through my bones! Congrats on Writer's Pick!

Omigosh congrats!! :D

Re: Eeeee your comment makes me feel so happy and bubbly eeee ^U^

I just nominated this for a WtW Peer Pick :)

• Zirong

*jaw dropped to the floor* AHHHH THIS IS ABSOLUTELY EXTRAORDINARY!!! Every single word is my favourite -- I've already saved this piece to the file where I store all the stunning writings I came across, and I'm going to read it over and over again :D
    Here are some lines that are gonna be stuck in my head for a whole month :D:

"I tumbled with it, into myself then outwards, and then we waited." This is undoubtedly phenomenal! You are a master of words my sis!!!

"The air static electric, god, it felt orgasmic to touch skin with the cosmos" the imagery is just...PERFECT! I could feel it!

"Shudders, then reverberations running under yellow street lights, falling out of dissonance in the air. I listened to the sky cry for a love that left too fast." OMG -- "falling out of dissonance in the air" is just... *busy finding a proper word but all of them seem not great enough to describe how great this is* :D

AND the last two paragraphs(strictly they are one paragraph haha) are as perfect as this piece as a whole! The format is so creative and the pause took my breath away! jjlkjkfjflahrhtoifhsdl YOU ARE GOING PLACES MY SIS - YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY TAKE ENGLISH/CREATIVE WRITING AT LEAST AS A MINOR IN UNIVERSITY!!!

Also, I read your latest peer review -- you are a GREAT reviewer for poetry! Some of your thoughts in the highlighted parts clearly show the exceptionally acute perception of words of yours. You are destined to be a great writer my sis, seriously. I'm so proud of you!!!

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: It's fine! Ha thanks, I just haven't been writing them and only started when I joined wtw, but aw thx, your caring words mean a lot to me! Oh wow, mine is getting better, but I'm sending good vibes your way <3 I've been quarantined like 4 times for 2 weeks, meaning I can't go anywhere, cause of covid cases, but lately that hasn't been the case and my elementary school siblings are back full time..Wow! Wishing you luck on those! Ik you'll do great tho ;)
    Aw I'll miss you if you do! :)
    Benchmaris are actually a thing we do every trimester (there are 3) and they tell me how i'm doing, I do a double compacted (2 years above) math course and it's very stressful in that :/ Ugh, I hate to hear that :/ I'm sry they still have ppl like that :/ I also have them for soccer at the beginning of each season tho, but they're just a fitness test :P

• The Secret Society of Purple Iguanas of Death Online

You can really hear the ambiance! I didn’t know it was possible

• useless :)

wow...(okay i've realized half my comments on your pieces start with "wow" but they're all genuine, bc i've honestly never seen a piece of yours that isn't good haha). the imagery in the piece is so vivid and i could picture the thunderstorm so well, i think like anne said, you truly captured its essence. stunning.
    re: np!
    yeah, i've mostly been trying to build up characters and the plot because i have a bad habit of either planning everything out and never starting, or not planning and adding as i go, but it's a lot better when you have a plan, yk? haha don't worry ur not the only one...i feel the same. we've gotta get rid of the negative mindsets lol. easier said than done tho, coming from experience.
    it wasn't so bad this week, even though i had testing. i did my ela fsa (english language arts state test) on tuesday and wednesday this week and i think i did well, although i finished like an hour before the ending time each day and they made everyone who was done just sit there and do nothing in the testing room until the official time was over, that wasn't fun lol. especially since i can't sit still without doing something for more than five minutes so i was constantly fidgeting and getting glares from the girl who sat next to me. welp.
    yeah, it's important to do that. ty for the advice! i've been reading a lot lately. thanks for the encouragement! i will :)
    i hope you're doing well too! sending love back <3

Oh. Oh my goodness. I've tried multiple time to capture the essence of a lightning storm, but you put my attempts to shame. I'm in absolute awe of this piece. Every single word is magnificent. Well done.

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

re: okay cool! thanks stella
    this piece is incredible

• Just_A_Memory

Holy crap, this is phenomenal!!