Writing4Life

#BLM
Welcome to my profile!
I'm Ruth :D
15

Christian ✞
Homeschooled
ENFP-T
Actor
Equestrian
Singer
Pianist
Musicals ♡
Learning le Français ~u~
Want a review? Just ask!
Just your friendly neighbourhood writer..

Is this deep, or comedic?
Is this philosophical, or just plain weird?
Idk guys it's just an ode to my hair tie.

an ode to that particular hair accessory that lives on my wrist

my hair tie is an ordinary thing,
living an ordinary life,
tucked away behind a sleeve,
slipped on my wrist.
i suppose it is insignificant,
but aren't we all?
but it is a little thing,
that can help a lot.
that little elastic band
can hold back a lot of hair,
and when the sun spills into the air,
and the air starts to seethe,
then that little elastic band comes
as a bit of well needed relief.
funny, isn't it?
how simple things can be the most helpful.
how bigger isn't always better.
how little hurts cut much deeper than the big ones.
some people would say it is all relevant,
and that one is not more than another.
but i am not a philosopher,
i don't wonder why the sky is blue,
i wonder that we can see at all.
i don't ask why are we here on earth,
i just smile at how beautiful it all is.
so anyway,
i would just like to say,
thank you,
to my hair tie.

• April 25, 2021 - 2:53am (Now Viewing)

• barelybear

Re: whhaaattt? That one was prettier?? I didn’t think that could be possible!!
    Agh I kinda wish I’d done gymnastics - I tried doing splits training a while back, but I feel like it’s gonna take a lot of work and practice. But it looks so cool! And go you!! :D
    Hmm I guess the sport I like the most is running or cricket hehe (not that I’m really any good, but it’s fun c:)
    Ahah we do love an exclamation mark c:
    *bows* Your favourite ruler, King George :D

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Oh cool! I think it's the whole being online thing, since we're all 13 and all. And it's kind of like a day camp, like 9-12, so maybe on like winter break they have it? This winter has been weird, it's been cold and no rain, idk if you've heard but we've all been put on water restriction :P Yay, another 8 year long drought! XD

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Fun! My friends aren't really writers so I don't know anyone on here irl :P And yeah, based on what I've heard it's pretty low key, I want to play college and maybe pro but I love being productive/active always :) Thx! And it's so fun, a lot of workout, there's sand running, which I actually went to a different state to compete in like the national level in jr lifeguard which they do have. Oh that's cool you act tho! And I think mine is 16, you should try it tho if you want, it's my fav part of summers :)

• Awesome Sienna

Re: Np! :D
    You've been talking about me...!

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Oh is she ur irl friend? Yeah I've heard she's doing like a 1 day a week for a few hours, from talking to her, so a very light rec thing. I do a very competitive 6 days a week for a few hours plus webinars, and we're highly ranked nationally so it's a huge commitment for me :P And that's so cool! I'd love to lifeguard somewhere, I do jr lifeguards and it's sooo fun! :)

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Ah. I loveee gymnastics, I had to choose between soccer and gymnastics cause of money, and I really miss it! It's been too long tho for me to go back if I'm allowed to :/ And cool! Oh I have heard of Bondi, they have a yt channel and I've watched all their videos! haha that's me with Manhattan, and the tourists too! Oh we actually don't have one in Manhattan XD It seems good tho....I'll definitely check that out tho, sounds interesting! (The sermon)

• Yellow Sweater

Re: of course! I am always up for a good discussion or debate:)

RE: Yeah! And aww, yay!
    Loll, but aww what fun! I actually skate on indoor rinks more often than outdoor ones come to think of it since there are a lot more indoor rinks for hockey- but outdoor ones just have this beautiful magic feel to them!
    Awww fun! (ngl I kind of already knew that part because your friend Awesome Sienna told me when we were discussing my book! speaking of which, I think I still have one of your comments about that to respond to, one sec:
    RE to that comment: Thank you! And aww awesome! Loll, but I’m turning 16 this year so teeeeeeechnically I’m still a little bit older hehe. Happy early birthday though!! Also, so, I’m actually not going to be releasing the chapters on here. I’ve thought about it and I may want to eventually publish it so I am doing it on Google Docs. I can add you to the doc though (since I already have your email hehe). But warning, although the story makes complete sense starting from there, I think I’m actually going to have the current ‘first chapter’ as the second chapter since I’m playing around with the beginning. Ok that probably makes zero sense lol but let me jut add you to the doc and you can read what you want!
    Ok back to your newest comment (this is so confusing, I need to get up with my replying game loll): Oooh that sounds soooo awesome!! Plays just have this super magical feel about them, have fun!!
    Hahaha! Nooo, what are you doing a hair flip for? You need to use your hair elastic!! XD
    (also loll, I did yet another version of my taekwondo thing because I read it over and realized I'm so dumb- yes, Ruth, I have shown that side of me yet again XD! I never mentioned that it was after I got my black belt! I didn't just leave loll haha)

• ~Zoe~

re: ooh ok, I'll look it up, I'm sure I'll be able to find it somewhere here. thanks! Oh nice, I'm glad you're doing well! Oh, gymnastics is cool! I'm pretty good, thanks :)

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Ha I actually like all the action...until I wake up with sore legs (literally right now whoops XD) And oh cool! I haven't actually :/ My family is Christian but my mom isn't, so it makes it a little complex, but I'd love to have home church! That's cool! And I think we have that here too, my dad lived in Australia so he told me a bit about the churches. The beaches there seem amazing tho! I'm jealous ;)

• useless :)

re: no problem! thanks hehe :D

• Awesome Sienna

Re: An early congrats on reaching this far.

• useless :)

i love this!! incorporating deeper meanings into a poem about an ordinary object is a really cool idea.
    also, i love your new pfp :D

• Awesome Sienna

Re: Thank you! So close to 300!

• barelybear

Heh I was gonna write this last night but it was so latttteee and I hadn’t done my last review yet ahah.
    I was gonna say that I really loved this! I was looking through to find pieces to review and I thought you’d written it really well — I particularly loved how you made something that was really looked past into something great :D
    And, of course, the rhyme scheme!
    Re: thank you!! Ah we haven’t talked in ages so it was good to see you around my feed again :D
    And what an awesome pfp!

Hope you’re having a great day c:
    Ellie

• ~Zoe~

ok, so I was wondering if you have any book suggestions? I'm looking for something different from my usual style so I thought I would ask some people. thank youuuu

alsooo, on another note, I'm doing a Q&A and so if you have any questions, let me know.

I love this piece! I hope you're doing well <3

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: And haha yeah. I get that, but I'm like sitting down and I have to do something always XD Oh you know, in person school tmrw and my legs are sore after a long weekend of odp water polo and soccer haha XD Has your church started up? (We're both christian and mine has, idk if I'm the only one lol)

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Thanks! Haha I didn't notice that till now :D And np! Ok, the surfer, didn't know that was a good indicator but hey I'll take it! :) And thanks! Btw, how are you?

• Yellow Sweater

Re: I am going to respond in English because this is a complicated topic. But a fetus in its early stages of development is nothing like a human. And if you are going off of its potential to become a human, then you are implying things like birth control should be illegal as well. It’s a complicated ethical issue and a controversial one. Abortion is not the same as murder. But by forcing a woman to keep a child she is not ready for, you could be depriving a child no older than yourself the chance at having a normal life, you could even cost them thier life. You could also be condemning the potential baby to an unstable childhood.

You are totally entitled to your own beliefs, and I am sorry if my passion comes across as dismissive or rude. But I firmly believe in the separation of church and state, and I think making abortion illegal is a religious issue rather than a secular one, and therefore the government shouldn’t interfere with a woman’s right to choose.

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Yessss! (Somehow I wasn't following you before, ha I fixed that! :D) And as Nyla said those with long hair can definitely relate! :) "how simple things can be the most helpful./how bigger isn't always better" Those are definitely my faves! (Btw I was previously FastOceanLove :)

Awwww I love this so much, Ruth! It's a perfect ode, one which everyone with long hair can relate to! "but aren't we all?" was wow and I looooved the philosopher section, it was so beautiful and (haha this sounds kind of like the opposite of what the content intended) but thought-provoking. "i don't ask why are we here on earth,/i just smile at how beautiful it all is." were my favourite two lines!

RE: HAHA no worries- that was completely my fault lol!
    Awww you're so sweet Ruth, thank you! And haha, aww so awesome! Loll, I'm the oldest so I could always overtake my sisters (if I wanted to- I could never go full-on at them, even when I was younger, they're way too weak lol) And yeah, it really sucked when I stopped but there was just nothing more to do. It's sad outgrowing things- scary too :/ Also, I'm doing pretty well! I have school tomorrow (like a subject I actually have to try for so that's going to be... greaaaaaat XD) And I've been working on my novel more! I've thought of this huge idea that is taking a ton of time and brainpower to see if it works but if it does, I'm actually really excited and it might help me finish the first draft faster (I am sooo impatient lol) Wait- did I not send you an email and I've been waiting for a response? Let me check, wait, what? You sent me an email!!! Oh my, I am so scatterbrained! Ok, I will respond to that really really soon (it is once again, getting late here, I really need to sort out my schedule, man!) Awww that's so fun! I didn't even know you had ice skating in Australia (oh wait, indoor rinks, I'm so dumb lol!). But that sounds like sooo much fun!! What else have you been up to?

• Awesome Sienna

Re: Thanks! I like it too.

• Awesome Sienna

Re: Haha! Np!

• Yellow Sweater

Re: un fœtus n'est pas conscient au moment où un avortement peut être pratiqué en toute sécurité. Je pense que l’avortment est triste, mais ce n’est pas meurtre.

• Yellow Sweater

je suis “pro choice”. Je crois q’une femme doive pouvoir choisir quoi faire de son corps.

• Yellow Sweater

Yes!

Re: Il y avait beaucoup de chose. Sa politique sur le changement climatique a menacé le monde. Et Il etait contre le doit de gens fundamentals, comme soin de santé universel, et le doit d’aimer qui on choisit. Je n’aim pas aussi sa politique économique.

• Awesome Sienna

I share this deep gratitude. Thank you for putting it into words.