Paisley Blue

she/they | 6.2.2020
genderfluid | christian

i told the stars about you

thank you to Wisp, rwong, Busssy.Bee, and mirkat for all of the love and support :)

--

"My work is loving the world.
Here the sunflowers, there the hummingbird--
equal seekers of sweetness.
Here the quickening yeast; there the blue plums.
Here the clam deep in the speckled sand."
- "Messenger", Mary Oliver

"And I will show that nothing can happen more beautiful than death,
And I will thread a thread through my poems that time and event are compact,
And that all the things of the universe are perfect miracles, each as profound as any."
-Song of Myself (Leaves of Grass, Walt Whitman)

morning walks

three geese are silhouetted
    -not in shadow but sun-
against     the blue skyandwater
    against     the cattails lacing

the edge of the pond*

*against the breeze it
    wh-is-pers,     until again the sun
        rises.

until again,        the sun rises.

do not,
                take it for     
granted.

• April 20, 2021 - 10:46am (Now Viewing)

re: paisleeyyy blueee hello! how are you? tell me a story! im doing just fine... ok so a) your musical sounds phenomenal and i wish i could watch you perform because i have no doubt you are an amazing actor. i've already heard ur singing voice (rememeber your song, after all? i still love it so much and listen sometimes... i hope that doesnt sound creepy?) and ahhhhh you will be splendidddd and b) ciweiwewioewic qsjkd just finished a room of one's own by virginia woolf, right, its this essay basically but so thought provoking anddddd she argued women need $500 a year (sure, money, but also resources) and a room of their own (time and space, but also independence) to become writers... what a genius, virginia woolf. and its only like 100 pages so not a big time investment. so interesting. okay okay also my mom got me a super nice copy of little women as a surprise gift for no reason and i've been happy ever since lol... but seriously "Christmas won't be Christmas without any presents," grumbled Jo" just makes me burst into a smile and makes me want to quote all these different little women lines lol im weird. ive also been researching lousia alcott andddd she was ggfhujiosdjck just everything... she actually wrote like pulp fiction books before little women and stuff. kinda cool. hey, have you read the other books in the little women series? i haven't-- heard they arent that good. thoughts? have mazing dayy! <3<3<3

• kathryn siena

re: personally, I think the heist society series is the best, but embassy row is a very close second.

• kathryn siena

re: the same thing happened to me! i even gave the series to my best friend, and she never read it.
    have you read any other books by ally carter? if so, which ones?
    (sorry if I'm asking lost of questions. i've never talked to anyone whose read the series)

• kathryn siena

re: really?!? i've never met anyone who's read the book. *happy scream*
    have you read the whole series?

• BirdofPrey

re: lol i was doing this project and im like wait i can use this

• Mespotz

I love this poem because of the clear work put into it; I mean, look at that format :D I especially like; "against the blue skyandwater" because it makes the words flow like water and I can feel the poem, not only by sight, but also by... emotion, if that makes sense.

RE: Thanks! Also great job tonight at Stages. It was fun and your play was incredible :D

• Busssy.Beee

THE FORMAT!! it's so lovely! And like all those who said below, your use of asterisks is so unique. But aside from the formatting, your tone still has that beautiful element of charm and gentleness, cyn! has your day been well?

• Kasilee

"Until again the sun" Oh I wanted to sing this poem it was so magical, amazing job!!!

oooh very creative with the spacing and asterisk... kinda helps make it even more serene than this poem already is.
    re: woah, that is a lot of time working on the musical! sounds like loads of fun, though! eeeee yes i get so excited with new fancy things too ha ur r mic-ed ell! very special. when's the actual "opening night"? oh yeah prose editor hehe my bio should be up on the masthead page soon havent done anything yet i dont even know what i got myself into but um itll be good? ok ok so the broken umbrella thing is a reference to one of my favorite books "ill give you the sun" u've probs heard me rant about it before lol but so this character noah feels so cut off, so different from his dad and other boys his age and also he has this amazing super active imagination (ahhh the way the books writtennnn the imagery i could go on and onnnn) and he imagines his dad as a perfectly functioning umbrella-- able to keep raindrops (in this case rejection or embarrassment etc, you get the idea) off of him-- whereas with noah, he calls himself a broken umbrella kinda not functioning and not knowing anything and stuff. yeah. so im a broken umbrella too, i think we all are really, but some people are more broken than others. anyway, have a good day blue! <3<3<3

• bookmagic

Wow! This is really neat. Actually, no, I don't like that let me try again. THIS IS GREAT! Nope, one more time. I think that this piece is absolutely marvelous. I give up, there's just no describing the amazingness ;p

• Ava Marie

This is so good!!!

• Yellow Sweater

I love how you put sky and water together into "skyandwater" Brilliant. And lovely poem as a whole. Your poetry always feels so gentle and strong.

• rwong

ahhh i love the formatting it added so much to the spring time feel of this piece? idk if thats a thing but it is now heh and the rhythm and just a;dsklfj its lovely, ell
    re: ahhh your musical sounds so fun and exhausting at the same timeeee so take care!! yea our school is in hybrid so one week on, one week off but on the weeks where im off it almost doesnt feel like school so i keep telling myself i only have 3 weeks left (not true lol i have 6) but yea its going pretty well :) have a wonderful day!! <3 <3

• Zirong

wow, the rules changed did end up creating great rhythm! I also adore your use of asterisks -- it's really unique!