Nyla

15

So this is the first time I've written something in a play format but I thought it would be cool to try something different with this prompt! Yes- my dream is me being a nerd haha.

Supergirl meets me!

5
The camera opens to a tech-packed FBI room, agents running every which way, and a big map is projected across a white wall.

KARA: So, how are we going to track this guy?

I walk in proudly with a white lab coat.

ME: That's where I come in. Hello Ms. Danvers (shakes her hand

KARA: Oh, please, call me Kara. (a tiny smile flashes across her face before being overtaken with worry again)

ME: Well Kara, (little smile) here is an algorithm I've designed to track heat signatures different from every known species.

KARA: Wow, cool. (a huge wide-eyed expression)

ME: I know!

ALEX: Wait, what're those huge red circles on the screen?

ME: Oh, that's the ocean and Amazon rainforest, you know we really haven't discovered that many species yet haha. But here, one sec, (rapid typing) there, I've changed the scope of the program to only search inhabited areas.

KARA: How do we know he's not somewhere uninhabited?

ME: He likes to put on a show, without people watching, he doesn't exist. 

Everyone silently contemplates existence for a moment.

*BEEP BEEP*

KARA: What's that noise?

ME: We've found him.

Kara flies up to the map and stares intently for a few seconds.

KARA: Awesome, (stretches neck and hands) I'll be back in a few.

Kara starts running out of the room.

ME: Wait-

Kara looks back.

ME: Take this with you.

I throw a tiny device that looks like a pen at her and she catches it with two fingers.

ME: It's a high-powered taser I've been messing around with, in case you get a little drained or whatever.

KARA: Thanks! You know when I get back we should grab coffee sometime.

ME: Yeah omg definitely!

ALEX: Ok hate to spoil the mood but Kara, you got an alien to catch.

KARA: Oh right, bye guys.

Kara flies off

ME: Bye.

I wave 

ME: So what do we do now? I'm not normally this close to the action. (awkwardly laughs)
If you're not in the Elements of Craft group, there was this quiz we could do which told us our fictional twin and then afterwards we could write a piece of us interacting with them.
I am 94% Kara Danvers (AKA Supergirl) Honestly can’t say I’m surprised- I loved her in the show haha.
If you guys did the quiz, who did you get? And what percentage?

• useless :)

re: np! ahah don't worry, i totally get that. aw thank you! you're also fun to talk to :D
    ohh that's so cool, now i wanna read the book! lol yeah, we live pretty far away, considering florida is is the southernmost point of the usa :(
    (except hawaii haha)

• ~wildflower~

Oh wait wait, sorry! I meant to send that comment to someone else! Oops! You don’t have to worry about it :)

• ~wildflower~

Hey! Do you think you might be able to check out the latest version of my piece for the poetry and spoken word comp? You don’t have to do a whole review or anything, but if you could just respond to what I wrote in the message to readers that would be really helpful. But it’s totally fine if you don’t have time :)

• Mespotz

My results never came up! The website just kept messing up, so I guess it's not functional on this chromebook or something. Also where's Lenaaaaa in this fic? Maybe write a story with Lena, Kara, James, Winn and Alex or something. As an avid Supercorp shipper, I'm not going to suggest anything(take it whichever way you want), but definitely write more this is incredible :)

• Yellow Sweater

Re: thanks! I did check my email. I am guessing it just hasn't arrived yet. Different time zones and all.

• useless :)

ooo i love this!
    i was 88% elizabeth bennet from pride and prejudice. i haven't read the book or watched the movie yet so i'm not sure if that's accurate, but i guess it somewhat has to be haha.
    if you've read the book, what is she like?

Okay, I'm back, after the test. My highest is Lisa Simpson from the Simpsons (I've never really watched the Simpsons, so I'm not sure how it matches up. I'll have to google.)

Other shows I know, I'll write them down in the next piece I publish :) Hope you're having an amazing day/night!

This is great! I haven't watched supergirl, but I know the plot outline (And the girl who plays Alex..... Let's just say that's a whole other story. I'd be happy to tell it to you some time!)

Ahh! I saw the quiz, but I completely forgot to take it. I'm gonna do it right away, and let you know. I don't watch much TV haha, so I don't know to what extent I'll know the characters. Be right back!

• Yellow Sweater

I love this! you sound bad-ass!

I was 85 percent Celine, from before sunrise. I haven't seen it, but she didn't really sound like me.

Random question, did you submit your poem in time for an expert review? And if you have did you received one back yet? I