Nyla

15

This turn takes place more in the last four lines than last two. I’d love to know your interpretations :)

Wisdom

Mind hostage to an invisible power
I don’t believe in what I cannot see 
Everyone transfixed by a fake concept
Serenading a lost cause- never real
What is love? What is hate?
Feelings shouldn’t transcend reason
But the weak wilt and when their head lays in a coffin
They exclaim, “We see!” and suddenly rejuvenated, they ascend
And their hearts overflow with honey- a natural intoxication 
Cursing at them, I throw books and stones, “You’re backwards!”
But as the sundial turns, freckling my skin and increasing the folds
I realize maybe I have been the artwork and not the sculptor 
Throwing rose petals at the sky, I look into the face of fate, past, present, future, all
And cry, “why did you only grant me wisdom now?”

1

• barelybear

Woah this is really beautiful! I love the way you show this character melting, accepting their feelings. “Their hearts overflow with honey - a natural intoxication.” Wowowowow I was so wrapped up in your words - so gorgeous, and with an incredible image!
    I think the twist works great there! It’s your own Nyla twist on a sonnet :)
    Re: awh you make me grin so much :D
    Seriously I feel myself getting sappier and sappier here every day, but I love it!
    Yay, I’m so glad your going to continue! I’ll definitely look out for new pieces like that. It’s definitely all our responsibilities onto learn about the cultures of everyone around us, if that makes sense. And so it’s really great to be on this website and to find out about everyone’s experiences.

Oh of courseeee, that makes sense. Yeah here you can get the government ones if they deem your teeth bad enough haha.
    Ooh removable ones! Yes they will feel super strong after you’ve had them off. You’ll be like iron man (hmm marvel (or dc?) hehe) and you will be able to chew through solid rock. Not that you’d want to, unless grandma’s pasta bake got a little overdone.

CHOCOLATE IS THE BEST!
    Poor boy, the move clearly addled his head. What kind of kid doesn’t like chocolate?
    Haha you brought up the favourite chocolate thing a few times. You must either have been really interested, or really hungry :D
    As a brand, it’s Cadbury all the way. Hersheys doesn’t cut it and people only eat it because it’s American and different in my opinion. And kinder is white chocolate. Why would you eat white chocolate when you have a perfectly gorgeous milk, or a delicious dark? Dark chocolate is my favourite, hands down. It can have so many great flavourings. But, my favourite chocolate bar would have to be a Cadbury marvellous creations (jellybeans and popping candy, to allow you to really embrace the hyper kid moment) or a Milky Way. Creme eggs are also amazing, but really sweet too.
    Haha I have a friend a bit like that. We always tease her for being really posh and always having branded clothes and bags etc. I don’t think she even knew how rich she was until she met us. But that’s just me, changing the world for everyone around me, like one of those really nice movie characters that breaks into the heart of the rich guy *smug grin*. Oh dearry :D

Oh okay so my sister is in second year of hs, and I’m in third Oooh.
    Our secondary school starts in year 7, which is age 11-12, and now I’m in year 11, the last year. After this, I go to sixth form, or I could go to a college if I wanted to do something apprenticey or skill-based, like dance or plumbing idk.

Oooh suburbs seems like a perfect balance! In all seriousness, being stared down by a cow is honestly one of the most terrifying experiences a gal can have. Moving around seems like a good plan. I think I want to live in France, because it’s such a beautiful country, but at the moment they’re having a lot of political problems wit Islamophobia, so I’m not all that sure. Gah. Maybe a small French-speaking island.
    Or Canada! I’ve been to Oshawa before, and it was so cool!

Oop those stickers mannnn. We once did a maths test/competition and you could score certificates, and our teacher just went and listed everyone’s results instead of doing any private showings. It was way too awkward ahhhh. But get you, with your 100% score!! Taking those steps to being a doctor c:
    Aw summer holidays are the best! So you get a win too haha.

Ah well in January they had open applications for the Feb-May term as CA. And it basically means that we write 3 reviews a week, do some comments, answer some exemplar prompts and write our own prompt that people can respond to on the site. It’s really fun, a little time consuming but it means that I get to find so many new writers and make loads of friends from around the world! Plus, I’m on their website and I screenshot Ted it and I will cherish it forever and show my kids :D
    Speaking of, if you want to actually see me (looking slightly shiny because it was way too hot for me when the photo was taken) that’s where you should head. Or the Instagram haha. I’m very excited to see your spoken word piece!! Have you got it planned out already? Wow, I really should get cracking and write something huh. I’m afraid it won’t be a deep or profound topic, because I’m so bad at being serious ahah. But maybe it won’t be comedy either. Maybe it won’t be anything sdnjsks if I don’t get started.

And so, we’ve gotten through the whole comment! Yay!
    Hope you’re having a great day!
    Ellie <3

• Awesome Sienna

Amazing!
    Re: Yes! It's such an awesome book, isn't it!

• Ava Marie

Re: Thank you so much!!!

• ~wildflower~

I absolutely love this! It’s so original. Amazing writing! I am inspired.

This is so amazing!
    "I realize maybe I have been the artwork and not the sculptor "
    wow <3
    Also thank you for your sweet comment:)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: haha! XD Well, mostly root beer tastes like toothpaste if it’s lost most of the carbonation, but honestly I’m just a sucker for sugary things I guess! XD
    All the seasons are amazing in their own way.
    Ahhh, that makes sense!! Yeah, I relate a lot to book characters too, but I honestly have to say music lyrics. They speak to me in a way that I’m just passionate about.
    (Aww, you’re so sweet! Heheh, I actually wasn’t completely sure if that last question would even make sense, XD)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: XD
    Yeah, well, the end result will come (eventually). But braces sure are a pain...
    Haha, you make some very valid points! XD
    Toothpaste, huh? Lol, I guess I can see that....
    Spring and fall are definitely both great seasons! Okay, so, another question:
    What do you find yourself relating to more: music lyrics or books?