Nyla

15

So I don't have a strict writing place or schedule, I kind of write everywhere whenever, but I've never written in my sister's room before. So while she was at school (she's younger than me and hers ends later) I went into her room to write this! :) Also, in case you didn't know, those authors I referenced they weren't the best people so that's why I used their names

Punishment

10
Sun falls on cigarette buts hanging to swaying grass
in the wind and everyone stays inside on Sunday
the church is empty, nobody at mass
puffing lifeless breath in the drabness of May
they are in their rickety beds on dust lined floors
and on their desks lay unopened books
of Dickens and Hemmingway encapsulated by doors
of rotting wood, chipping locks turned by crooks
Then suddenly a great big thunder rumbles
from within and buildings once standing strong
filled with vapes and lottery tickets crumbles
into a hungry abyss that was there all along.

1

This is awesome! I love how the descriptions bring it to life!

• astrea

re: is there any piece in particular you want me to review?

• useless :)

this is amazing! i could really picture everything because the imagery was so vivid, and you set the scene of the kind of atmosphere you were narrating from so well!
    also, idk if i responded to the last comment on my interstellar dreams, that was ages ago and you probably don't remember what you said haha but in caseee
    re: thank you! oh, i tend to do that a lot too. the problem now is that i can't finish them cause writer's block lol. in general i have a problem where i can completely plan something out but it's really hard to actually start it. which is why i suck at writing novels. hence a prologue has been sitting on my page without an addition even though i've planned out the plot XD
    no problem! :)

• barelybear

Noooooo! Wellies are everythingggg!!
    (Especially yellow ones) the word just makes you feel so gooood! Plus, welly wanging ;) - that’s a sport :D
    Oop imagine being able to go into your sister’s room without some triggered alarm haha. I love your rhymes, and I love that in all your pieces you twist these snapshots of real life into gorgeous descriptions. You are so talented!

• astrea

re: thank you and i will too!

This is awesome! Re: Oh my gosh no way haha :P Oh that's funny lol; most people in Australia go to the beach on Christmas. Bondi gets suuuuuper crazy busy. Oh that's so cool! Aaah I loved it so much! Oh haha thanks :P I only recently learned how to land it, cause I used the really bouncy tramps at gym. I went to gym last night and I did a heap of them onto like a wedge thingo, and we learned this new skill (that was kinda scary at first) where you do a handstand and hold it for a few seconds then kinda tuck your legs in and roll onto your back. It's fun hehe. Aw thanks! And no problem! Ofc I did UwU

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: thank you so much!! :) aww I enjoy talking to you too! :)
    Wowww that sounds amazing (especially the maple syrup stuff, like now I’m so hungry for that XD) Wow thanks so much for telling me about it! And that’s so cool about the testing too. We hardly get any snow here anymore.
    KY is really pretty because there’s so much farmland. Other than that.... it’s not too different from other places around here. But it’s very homey.
    Yeah, I like pretty much all school subjects okay. They just aren’t my favorites.

• BriRiley

Ooo, this seems to real! It’s very enlightening? I don’t think that the right word XD well anyway, good job!!

• BriRiley

Re: Thx! I’m not blushing you are! XD

• SamRose

Re: Aw, thx! :)

• Yellow Sweater

This is absolutely incredible. I am stunned!

• SamRose

Re: Thx! Sounds good! :)