almost flora kane

my pen name is flora kane. i'm sixteen. i'm also a slytherin, infp-t, christian, maladaptive daydreamer, and generally insane. est: 3.30.2018.

i figured out there's a term to describe my imagination. apparently i'm a maladaptive daydreamer (not the unhealthy kind). anyway, this has been floating around. thing is, i'm the main character because this is an adaptation of one of the world's in my head. i'm going to have a hard time finding a new name for the character lol. hope you enjoy.

remain. ruination awaits.

Knowing is different than seeing, and she knows this. Still, imagining being other places makes it easier to stay. Her grandmother took her into the library for the first time when she was very young, too young to be remembering things, surely. With small, slow steps she toddled into the cozy room filled with piles of books. Back then, there were no shelves. On the floor a large book, the largest she’d ever seen, sat open. A picture of a huge body of water was illustrated across both pages.
    “That’s a river,” her grandmother said, pointing. “It’s called the Morita.”
Even though the memory ends there, in her mind, she fills in the pictures and names she would’ve seen that day. Elgan, the largest forest in the world, boasting many illustrations of various trees and brush. The animals are colorful and the undergrowth is dense. The Kreisgburg, a mountain which seems to brush the top of the sky. Snow rests on its slopes and smaller sketches display various kinds of rocks which have been found. The Decarli, a series of magnificent waterfalls. Hackshaw canyon. The Limpa-amara desert. Roads paved in dark red dirt, reefs with every coral, caves of glowing stone. The book opened her eyes and many days she would ask to go see the wonders of the world. Her grandmother would respond very similarly each time. 
    “If you go, you will never come back,” she would state, looking down at her with darkness deep in her eyes. “That is the way with us. You will wander alone, looking for something, finding nothing. Is that really what you want?” She never really understood what her grandmother was saying, not until much later. Her fearful gaze said enough to scare her into her continual response of shaking her head. Instead, she would sit down with the book again, and stare at the pages until she was there, if only in her imagination. 
hiya. back at it again for now. i caught a creative flow and decided to start writing this vague idea i've had for a while. hopefully i'll have more parts to this. any questions, comments, concerns, or ways to make it better?

OH MY GOSH DID YOU SEE WHAT CHRIS FROM THE GROUP SAID I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

Congratulations on Monday Musings!
    Wow. I can see this grandmother so clearly, shaking her head at the young girl who doesn't understand. I feel like the grandmother harbors regret and loneliness, heartbreak and fear for her granddaughter. In wanting to protect her, the grandmother might overshelter or limit or granddaughter. (that's just what i got)
    also, are those real places?

• Awesome Sienna

Beautiful! Congratulations on Monday Musings! :)

Lovely! Congrats on Monday Musings! :D

• First Name Last Name

ooOOOOOO! very cool! awesome job!

• Sophiascb

Omg I love this! You should totally continue it! I'm interested to see what happens if she gets stuck in the book. Congrats on your feature ;)

• Avril

Wow I love this! The whole thing is captivating and the ending was so suspenseful.

Wow this was really amazing! I love the suspense “she didn’t know until much later” because it makes it an awesome intro to a longer story!! Congrats on being picked!! :)

Wow, this is stunning. And congrats on being featured!

• Ava Marie

This is so good! The concept and way you wrote it is really neat

• Parisienne

beautiful :)

• Ellington Stone

This is super cool, you totally mapped out a whole new world and set up a story. I love it!!
    Re: haha, thanks so much!! That means a bunch to me <3