SunV

home is wherever i'm with you.

est. 11/10/19

Just because you are soft doesn't mean you are not a force. Honey and wildfire are both the color gold. -Victoria Erickson

Missed

The road seemed, darker. Not dark in the sense visually, but he could feel it. The eerie voices that whispered in his ears. It wasn't like this a year ago, he had visited the streets on the same night. People had been wandering around, wearing silly costumes and munching on candy. The house was bright and lit with different colours, and he smiled and walked through the doors. The next time he visited, there weren't people around, but the lamps lit the street, and shop bells rang out. It was happier then.

Now, now that he's travelled the world and come back, he realised how much he'd missed.

Awww this is so sad but the imagery is amazing! I love the beginning when you describe the dark as a feeling, it really pulls the reader in!
    RE: Omg you’re so lucky!! HAHA omg yess, I face the same thing with the million fictional characters I’m in love with- that’s why in my dreams, I just write the female character out and pretend she never existed or make myself the female character XD and awww he so is and awww thank you!! Loll watch me- I’m so awkward sometimes! You’re so sweet!! Your comment totally made me smile so hard! <3

• BriRiley

Re: Thanks! And if you haven’t already started writing a review I’m going to update it a little tomorrow, but if you have already, that’s fine :) no pressure if you haven’t even started it XD haha

• almost flora kane

this is very intriguing. i'd love to see some details about what he sacrificed that time for, i wonder if it was worth it to miss all of those moments at home.
    re: thank you for your comment, i hope typewriters.... come back in style so we can get one for not too much money. and your concern is appreciated. i don't know if you know (i've had a couple of posts about it) but i lost my grandmother in february, and my dog at the beginning of march. i think i'm moving through grief pretty well, if that is something you can do well, but i guess i've kept that in my bio because... i'm not sure. i guess it's kind of a superstition that if i'm aware of everything now it'll hurt less if something else happens. not sure if that makes sense, haha. anyway, thanks for reaching out, it means a lot.

• BriRiley

This is really good! I felt like i was there! I love how you made it feel like the reader knows the entire story! XD Good job!

• •TheVictoriousOne•

oooooo I love the way you phrased this! It's literally so good. The way you described the scene is *chefs kiss*!

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Thank you, it's nice to here that. Recently I was catcalled for the first time and it felt horrible as well, though I didn't mention that part of the poem was about that :/ Thank you for the support and I'm glad the poem made a bit of sense :)