Writing4Life

#BLM
Welcome to my profile!
I'm Ruth :D
15

Christian ✞
Homeschooled
ENFP-T
Actor
Equestrian
Singer
Pianist
Musicals ♡
Learning le Français ~u~
Want a review? Just ask!
Just your friendly neighbourhood writer..

TW: Slavery and slight violence.
I'm not too sure about this. Is it good? Is it too confusing? Reviews would be awesome :D

Prisoner

I sat, hunched over in the dark cargo carrier. I pressed my tongue against my dry lips, and shifted my position slightly, as memories pressed into my brain. Sipping mango smoothies in Madrid, playing croquet in England, iced teas in condensed glasses at markets in Sydney and then...that moment when it all changed. Being pushed into small wooden crates in Paris, whip lashes on bare backs in Germany, and being sold in America. I've been all over the world. Yet I travel as a prisoner.

2

• Sunflower~

I love this! The descriptions you gave were so vivid!!! ;)

• books4life

re: YAYAYAYAYA! i love hsm. which one is your fav? 1? 2? 3?

• AstroWriter

Re: I will, I just feel really unmotivated. Like, a lot of people wanted notifications whenever the next chapter i out but not even half the people would read it...

• barelybear

Re: :D
    Still love this piece so much!
    Actualllyyyy I don’t think I’ve seen any of her pieces... Is she Australian? I’ll have a look. It’s hard to see the work that’s published by people in such a different time zone lel.
    And why thank you, kind non-sleepy maiden.
    Have a great night! :)

• SamRose

Re: Thank you! And yeah, hopefully the problems get fixed. WtW is such an amazing community. :)

This was awesome and not confusing! I left a review :))

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Okay and I completely understand and am a bit relieved actually.

• books4life

the imagery is beautiful in this piece

• barelybear

(And it completely fits the prompt, btw, in such a cool way — so perfect!)

• barelybear

Re: cavalry?? Am I not also a dashing knight who comes to the rescue with grandeur and— *trips over shoelaces* XD
    Seriously, I am super glad you’re okay, and that you haven’t freaked out too much <3
    That’s so cool that WtW got straight in there!
    I think this is a super cool piece! I would say I’d love to know more about the time period. If it’s historical, perhaps you could throw in more terms suited to the period etc. I particularly loved the description at the start, and I think you handled the flashbacks really well, to make it unique and avoid it being cliched. :D
    Hope you have a great night!