GROUP:

True Stories

Login Open Group - Anyone Can Join

Published Writing

A Rose (United States of America)() published:

In Love with His Grandmother?

PROMPT: Roll the Film  | GROUP: True Stories

Florence stopped me, right before we walked into the dining hall. "Are you sure you don't want to sit at another table?"
"No, it's fine. I've been sitting there for two years. It's the last day of camp. It'd be awkward not to," I respond. That's me: prone to ranting when I don't know what I'm saying.
Florence grimaced. "It's gonna be fine. Are you going to confront him?"
I shrug. "I'm just going to say I can't believe he...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Jessica Garcia (United States of America)() published:

Proactive

PROMPT: Intention  | GROUP: True Stories

Proactive

Since I was in elementary school I've procrastinated with e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. Obviously it was way easier back then because the work wasn't as hard, but as I got into 7th and 8th grade it started to get more and more difficult. I started to procrastinate on projects that should take days to complete. Though I would get them done on time, I would be exhausted the next day because I'd be up until 4 in the morning doing them. The...

In Love with His Grandmother?

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

tojosiewithlove (United States of America)() published:

The Girl in the Music Box

PROMPT: Freedom  | GROUP: True Stories

My freedom begins when my feet are bound. Wood, glue, cloth, ribbon. From the tips of my toes, aching to be released from the tight box, to the soft pink ribbons, wrapping my ankles and holding them in place like the choke-tight thread that binds a promise. My legs protest my every move, my stomach tells me what in doing is wrong, to please come down, it hurts. My feet suffocate against the soft pink. My already bandaged, bruised, battered...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

ccn1221 (United States of America)() published:

Skin and Bones

PROMPT: It’s Your Life  | GROUP: True Stories

She was perfect, right?

When it took hold, no one saw it coming

A beautiful girl

She wouldn’t eat

Lying awake at night, pinching her skin

Wishing to be someone else

It spiraled, her parents noticed

IV tubes, hospital gowns, skin and bones

Bleak white walls

Blank white wall

She gained back the weight, 

But not her personality

She wasn’t a person, only a problem

Anxiety and depression

What a mess her life became

But this isn’t her life

Only...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

gemstonejade (Australia)() published:

Bad Luck Only Comes in Threes

Background: I played soccer for a bit when I was eight, and this one day I was a bit unlucky and then some luck came my way. Also, I live in Australia so it's the June-August winter.

It's a cold day in July 2011.
Eight year old me stands in the soccer goals, waiting for the ball to come my way. I shift my weight from foot to foot. I am not a good goalie.
I'm thinking about how my...
Seeking Peer Reviews

IwillWRITE!13 (United States of America)() published:

Become

Become

I want to become many things. A writer, a Christian with stronger faith, productive. I want to become things in dreams and daydreams. I want to become a Christian hope, beckoning others to join me. I want to become what I can. I could explore, or be sufficient, but then what would I become? If I didn't do too much, I'd never know what I do now. If I explored, I never would have discovered. I cannot follow a...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

and-peggy (United States of America)() published:

Be

Be.

I know this sounds weird, like you might be thinking, "What is 'be'? How can you 'be'? I don't understand". In all fairness, this makes sense, so let me explain.
    To 'be' can mean a lot of things. You can be still, you can be friendly, you can be in the moment, you can be quiet. I am thinking of this 'be' in the terms of just 'be'ing. This year, I want to just be. To let...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4
1

Twilight (Australia)() published:

Jinx

06-04-2019
Just the usual long, boring car trip. Hot car seat, scratchy radio, and wide open earth with a single road splitting through the middle. Chilling in the back seat of my Mother's blue Honda Civic RS, with my older brother, Jett, in the passengers seat gazing out the window, and my mother driving smoothly. The radio glitched out at every stone a pebble on the road strip, but all was too quiet.
"Hey Jett, jinx your phone will go...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Purple Kitty 2001 (Canada)() published:

Leaving Home

Note: This happened over two weeks ago. The conversation here is not exact because I don't remember everything that happened.

It was D-Day. The day I left home. The day I would drive - with my dad and one of my sisters - three hours, get on the ferry for an hour, and then drive to the city where I would spend the next four years for university.

I woke up minutes before the alarm I had set on my...

4

Anha (Australia)() published:

steadfast | #dictionary

steadfast

adjective

i.     fixed in direction; steadily directed.

the path winds to and fro; the traveller knows not which way to turn, but follows the path as the current of the journey guides them. the current is growing a little strong for her listless soul; let this be the time which she decides if she needs to carve her own road from the bedrock.

ii.    firm in purpose; unwavering, resolution, faith, attachment.

she follows the path for...
Seeking Peer Reviews

amohn04 (United States of America)() published:

A Girl With Big Dreams

I'm a girl who dreams big and isn't afraid to set goals. 

I read and write stories to escape the reality of the world. 

I would prefer to stay at home with my own mind to keep me company than go out and socialize.

With a notebook and pencil in my hand and Disney music playing in the background, I feel like I can do anything.

I can get scared sometimes. Everyone can. But I will always try to do...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Courageous

Courageous. 

I will be courageous. With school beginning to get real, friendships drifting apart and eventually finals, the world can become a living nightmare. But I won't let my voice get drowned out. Introverts like me often have a hard time being heard. Sometimes it's easy to slip into my own mind and be quiet, not sharing my words and ideas to the world. But, I have opinions too. Although sometimes I don't voice them, I long for people to respect what I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

CrowSF (United States of America)() published:

The Great Porta-Potty Incident of 2018

It was a the day before middle school graduation, and us eighth-graders, the seniors of the school, had to practice all day.
    Between a friend of mine yelling "this is America" during the practice Pledge of Allegiance and numerous people tripping while getting on stage, it was already an interesting morning.
    Then, when lunch came around, it happened.
I was a few tables down from this large group of boys when they all stood up and...

2

AnnaTypeWriter (Peru)() published:

A Little Joey

It wasn't long before another joined the slowly forming group.

5, bored, dead looking kids spread out across the bus was not an intimidating sight to most - i could tell this much as i looked around. My brother was lying across from me, laying down with his head uncomfortably between the metal bars, little snores escaping him in 1 minute intervals. A classmate behind me was repeatedly smacking her phone against the plush seats, trying to get it to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

♛DaBolo♛ (United States of America)() published:

Cinematic Days

Lights, cameras, action!
    Thats what some old guys is probably saying, they're directing everything all around me. 
I swerve onto the road. I'm really tired and want to quickly get home, but then it happens. Suddenly a hoard of cars get stuck in a traffic jam. As i'm barely moving I look up to a board sign. 
    A strawberry jam advertisement, seriously. I bet you this was a set up. All the cars purposely trapped us here.

The...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

K.L. Rose (Australia)() published:

Real Life Movie Scene

Everyone has had those moments of fantasy where they picture themselves inside a movie, or they wonder what if their life were a movie. Everyone, as much as we sometimes hate to admit it, has wondered what it would be like to be the characters in the heartbreak scenes. Everyone; even me. That is, until a scene in your real life reflects that of a movie and you realise – holy shit, this is what it feels like.
I have...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Lelyanotleyla (Kenya)() published:

I AM A TREE

I am a tree.

Rooted here because some supernatural force decided so. 
I have scars formed by those who choose to live in me then leave me
I have scars formed by those who live with me and promise forever, only to echo their predecessor's words.

But I grow because the sun still shines and I heal because the rain still falls.
I am a tree. I will continue to love and to give until there's nothing left to give. ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

caityege (Australia)() published:

confident

i cant her them stop me. i have to be confident. just cause she doesnt talk to me doesnt mean she can stop me. the thousands of emails i have sent her and not a single reply. do i stop, i just dont know. and how about swiming. i mean thats awkward with a capital a. but im unstoppable, im not giving up what i love for her. im confident.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Sanguine

sanguine

RedWriter (United States of America)() published:

Staying

True

Seeking Peer Reviews

efflorescence (United States of America)() published:

Explore

Explore

I'm setting this intention because it's so open-ended. I want to start pushing myself out of my comfort zone by branching out from the familiar. As a sophomore, I plan to discover clubs and activities that I might have overlooked as a freshman. Since I don't have any of my close friends in my classes this year, I want to use this as an opportunity to forge connections with people I don't usually interact with. At home, I also...

2

PalmLeaf (Thailand)() published:

Sufficient

"Sufficient"

I’ve noticed I’m someone who tends to always lean towards one end or the other of a spectrum when it comes to doing anything. With any of my goals, I either go all in, way too hard until it’s unhealthy, or I just give up before I’ve even properly started. Sometimes I set unrealistic goals/expectations and then feel awful when I fail to reach them, other times I set the bar really low for fear of disappointing myself and...

Pavi Thangaraj (India)() published:

What fetched me my 'spring fever' ?

PROMPT: Fuel  | GROUP: True Stories

When I saw the prompt was fuel, i was reminded of an Indian joke - when a bike stops working in the US, they bring out their tool box and fix it. When a bike stops working in Dubai, the Arabs buy a new one. When a bike stops working in China, people normally throw it away because probably its a toy. When a bike breaks down in Japan, the factory panics because they always produce 100% results....

Seeking Peer Reviews

Dolphin23 (Australia)() published:

Grateful

The move was unwelcome. I had friends and I never wanted to be OUT there in the world. I moved when I was 6. I went to school and on my birthday a tornado struck. I had received a gorgeous bunk-bed and had begged my parents to sleep on the bottom bunk with me on the top. That night the tornado struck and I slept through it. The next morning our house had glass smashed and SO much more. My...

Seeking Peer Reviews