GROUP:

True Stories

Login Open Group - Anyone Can Join

Published Writing

Sabine of the Galaxy (United States of America)() published:

The World's Epidemic

PROMPT: The Footnote  | GROUP: True Stories

I feel, no, knowthat there is one thing that connect all those big problems that we all have. Climate change, inequality, poverty, and all the other big problems on Earth right now [1] were/are/will be caused by one big thing. I call this the World's Epidemic. If we can solve the Epidemic, we can save our planet and ourselves [2]. In theory, it sounds easy [3], but it's not. People have been struggling to do it. But they've never...

Seeking Peer Reviews

The World's Epidemic

I feel, no, know that there is one thing that connect all those big problems that we all have. Climate change, inequality, poverty, and all the other big problems on Earth right now [1] were/are/will be caused by one big thing. I call this the World's Epidemic. If we can solve the Epidemic, we can save our planet and ourselves [2]. In theory, it sounds easy [3]. We have to stand together to make a change.

We are currently divided....

The World's Epidemic

I that there is one thing that can all those big problems that we all have. Climate change, inequality, poverty, and all the other big problems on Earth right now [1] were/are/will be caused by one big thing. I call this the World's Epidemic. If we can solve the Epidemic, we can save our planet and ourselves [2]. In theory, it sounds easy [3]. We have to stand together to make a change.

We are currently divided. We think that...

4

parachutes_the_idiot (Canada)() published:

The Zaniest

PROMPT: Roll the Film  | GROUP: True Stories

FADE IN FROM BLACK

ENTER SCENE 

THE CAMBER HOUSE - EARLY MORNING - KITCHEN

(MOIRA CAMBER is standing in a tidy kitchen, cutting vegetables. The walls are painted avocado green, the floor is a light grey, cupboards black, and the counters are a green/grey swirled mock marble. A large stainless steel double fridge and a matching oven occupy the left wall, and storage cupboards are strategically placed above them. On the stovetop, there are 2 frying pans filled to the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

My Blooming Rose

PROMPT: Someday Story  | GROUP: True Stories

I've hoped for a long time now about having my pen name (my username) on the front cover of a book. I'm currently working on the novella that I hope sets that dream in motion. I call it A Rose's Thorn. The links pof the first three parts are here: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/124023/version/237911 (part one), https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/124028/version/237915 (part two), and https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/129790/version/249546 (part three). This book/story/novella is currently at 11186 and I hope to have the manuscript finished by July of 2020. I know...

2

Some1 (United States of America)() published:

Do You Believe?

One night, my dad and I got into his red 1993 GMC Sonoma, which had a topper on it. We headed to the nearest Redbox looking for a quality movie to rent. Do You Believe, the newest movie from the creators of God's Not Dead, caught our attention. We looked each other in the eyes and smiled, knowing it was the one because we had been waiting for it to come out on DVD. He swiped his card to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

emmiewrites (Australia)() published:

-video killed the radio star-

video killed the radio star,
video killed the radio star,
(you are a radio star)
music fades out.
they're
all warned watching the radio star is bad news. one glance at the pathetic lonesome girl could send brittle eyes overflowing with emotion. yet i still venture under the flashing lights, wondering if they'd ever get bored of staring. years upon end could pass, and i'll still be immured within this barred jail. i shiver, fraught as theirbreaths blow heatedly...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Orion Hopkins (United States of America)() published:

The Time Turners series: The Colossal Whirlwind, book 1

FREE WRITING  | GROUP: True Stories

1

Not The Real World

It was the summer of 1999, June 8th. I am Christopher Saint, aged 24. Have you ever wondered if you were being watched. Like on a TV show or any of the sorts. Well I know that i'm always being watched. Ever since I was born I was being watched on a Television show(I don't even know why people even watched it.) My life is literally like The Truman Show except that I know that i'm on...

1

Buniko (United States of America)() published:

I Hate Movies. I Was Forced to go to the Movies.

June 20, 2019 (One day after my birthday)

Here it was, a sunny, shining day. A little bitter-sweet as my family and I left my grandfather’s house that we had stayed at for a mere two days to celebrate my 16th birthday. My summer break started the last week of May, but June 18th was the first day that I had gone outside my house since school ended. No jokes. No lies. I had been couped up in my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

ggroves993 (United States of America)() published:

A night to remember

FREE WRITING  | GROUP: True Stories

woke up one morning and instantly realized that none of my family was here. We were all about to go on a beach vacation when I saw that they had left me, "man there probably having so much fun playing in the ocean if only I was there". I made sure I double checked every room to make sure that they weren't just deep under the blankets sound asleep but nope they were gone. Now that all of my family...

Seeking Peer Reviews

gabriellehcash (United States of America)() published:

Take Out Your Standardized Test Review Packets

It was a cold December day. Snowflakes landed gently on the football field adjacent to our classroom. We all groaned at the realization that the pathetic snow wouldn’t convince the school to send us home early. It was nearing the end of my first semester of freshman year, and my peers and I were more than over this “high school experience” the older generation babbled on about. At the end of the semester, most classes were required to take...

Seeking Peer Reviews

heatherm04 (United States of America)() published:

What If

It was a regular Tuesday afternoon. I had just got picked up from travel volleyball and was chilling at my grandmas house. My grandma had picked me up from practice and I went to her house, made some pizza rolls, and sat down on the couch watching “Munk” the detective show. My mom was suppose to come pick me up and take me to my friends softball game. So when she arrived, I waited for her to eat...

Seeking Peer Reviews

mphillips21 (United States of America)() published:

Snow Cones

FREE WRITING  | GROUP: True Stories

I was only thirteen at the time, the youngest of the four girls. Being the youngest, I was always stuck doing things I didn't want to do. That day, the oldest girl had taken us out for snow cones, due to the sweltering heat of the summer. My sister and I sat in the back, laughing along to the Justin Bieber lyrics blasting out of the radio. The other two girls, friends that we were just visiting for a night,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Snow Cones

FREE WRITING  | GROUP: True Stories

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Ahjmani Daniels (United States of America)() published:

The Goal

It's May 2019, on a nice spring day. 
I was watching the soccer game, waiting to be subbed back in.
“It's time for you to come in. Get a couple more sips of water before you go." My coach said. I walked to the line, waiting for the ref to blow his whistle so I can go in. 
Coach told me to be a striker and I'm not good at making goals.
The game starts back up and I'm in...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

kaelynst (United States of America)() published:

January 11

My mom was standing in the kitchen, of our old house, on her birthday. She had me on her hip and my older sister by her side. She was making her a birthday cake, whenever my dad got home from work. When he got home he went back to their room and changed into civilian clothes, after he changed he came into the kitchen. 
    After being in the kitchen for a little while he headed to the back of...

Seeking Peer Reviews

SpacedOutHumanoid (United States of America)() published:

That Show

I had just gotten out of school, feeling more down than usual about my current grade in an unspecified math class. Naturally, my mother confronted me about such a thing.
    "Did you find out about your retake?" 
    "Yes..." I mumbled, not wanting to speak about it at all.
    "And what did you get?" She asked in reply.
    "The same score."
    There wasn't a single moment of silence then....

CrowSF (United States of America)() published:

A Little of Everything

I want to write fantasy epics of myth and magic that make readers want to live in them, no matter how many daunting dragons or corrupt kings there may be.
I want to write sci-fi manifestos that are both colorful and grey, utopian and dystopian, that make readers wonder how close those planets and dimensions are to theirs.
I want to write horror stories with the most eldritch and eerie of monsters, that make readers stay up at night, rethinking...

2
1

hi i'm jackson ;) (United States of America)() published:

Someday...If I finish it!

Someday, I'm going to finish my book. It's gonna be super cool. I just have to figure out what comes next. 
The plot of my story is: 
A boy named Alex Jackson lives in a magical world called Infiris, where everyone is born with a variety of magic. There are seven types: Earth, water, air, fire, color, light, and shadow. He was born with shadow, the rarest kind, and lived a normal life until his family-mother, father, and three-year-old sister...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

100 Wor(L)ds

PROMPT: It’s Your Life  | GROUP: True Stories

She was without a true friend for a while. She thought she had friends. Then she left them behind and cried for the loss. But walking into a mythical building, she met worlds of Words. By exploring the Wor(L)ds, she met humanity. Humanity gave her the true Friends. So.
Upon meeting the Friends, they gave her new Wor(L)ds to love. They became her Wor(L)ds, her Friends, and she loved them. Suddenly, the old friends and words faded, until they never...

Trinity Nivens (United States of America)() published:

Freedom

PROMPT: Freedom  | GROUP: True Stories

freedom everybody has but just because you have the title of being free doesn't mean that you are you can be set back by history and family matters. Others feel safe and some don't because they have been systemic oppressed by the rules and by the government some people can't walk about as who they really are because people will jump to conclusions and think your a bad person but your just trying to get home. america is based off...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Harlow (United States of America)() published:

I wasn’t sure how to write this down, so take a listen

I don’t value my opinion. I hope you will someday 

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

amohn04 (United States of America)() published:

My Someday Story

I've always wanted to write a story about a girl like me, but in quite different circumstances. 

She lives in a world with no technology, but with magic. An average girl, she has a normal amount of friends and a sister that she loves. They live in a small kingdom, with a gentle, kind king who rules with fairness and generosity. The kingdom next door, however, is not so lucky.  The two kingdoms used to be one until the ancestors...

Seeking Peer Reviews

A Rose (United States of America)() published:

A Story for Being Stuck

I'll write a story for when life feels stuck.
The main character will dream of goddesses but be stuck with "friends" who don't like her. The main character will be progressive but survive through homophobic, racist, xenophobic Sunday school lessons.
The main character--I'll name her Emmylou--will sit back and watch as everything is handed to her little brother, who's a male, who's skinny, who's straight, while she has to fight for it. She'll watch as people be mean to her...

Seeking Peer Reviews