GROUP:

True Stories

Login Open Group - Anyone Can Join

Published Writing

2

oliviaschladt (United States of America)() published:

Clean Sweap

PROMPT: Imagined Scene  | GROUP: True Stories

I'm walking up to the podium, radiant like the sun. Wearing my jumping suit and bib number 10, I am still shocked that I won. Everyone around me cheers with glee, especially my coaches and teammates. I forgot how good winning felt, the big smile on my face stretching for miles. As I flash back to reality, I realize that it was just a dream. I was looking at a picture of a friend winning, remembering how much fun the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Maya Freeman (United States of America)() published:

Glacier's peak

I looked up but all I could see was that I was far behind my group. All I could think of was how much longer it was to the camp grounds. Then I looked left, I could see the mountian tips formulate rows one behing the next, in a window formation, their snow covered peaks glaring at all that they surrounded. I closed my eyes and inhaled sharply, I could see myself climbing the glacier at the peak of the mountian,...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Glacier's peak

Seeking Peer Reviews

misfitrantipole (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)() published:

Whiskey and bad decisions

PROMPT: Flawed Memory  | GROUP: True Stories

You smelt like whiskey. It wasn't an expensive whiskey, it was the cheapest one I know that... I bougth it for you. It smelt terribly on everyone else but not with you... Whiskey on you smelt like the beach and even if I don't like the beach, God damn it how I loved the smell of the beach on you. 
I wanted to kiss you, I wanted to hug you and make you smile. I still remember the words you...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Demory (United States of America)() published:

When I Knew Right Where I Was, But No One Else Did

In my memory she said, "Go play." I heard the granted permission and took off. I was in a bigger world than I had known, and the chance to explore it had just been given. Even then I knew not to miss an opportunity for adventure.

But in her memory those words were not spoken. In her memory she turned around and I was gone. She called security and described me in a panic. "She's four feet of innocence and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

kate536 (United States of America)() published:

Escape

I can't remember much about that day.  All I remember is a peaceful calm sweeping through me in a way of which I had never encountered.  It was silent, in an unusual sort of way, but all the same it was oddly comforting.  
There we were laying in the dirt with towels spread underneath us, an assortment of leaves blocking out the sky from overhead.  We were two girls entering a realm of quiet, away from the noise and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

mollyemmabarlow (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)() published:

Lost

Sunny. It had started off such a bright, hopeful day - a day filled with numerous oppotunites and brimming excitment for going to school. My young self - the one who had walked such different footsteps to the self I am today - had fumbled childishly about her repetitive morning routine. Eating breakfast, trying to get her hair into some order and then getting dressed. It was the same three things each morning in a varying order. The little girl...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

But in her memory those words were not spoken. In her memory she turned around and I was gone. She remembers calling security and describing me in a panic. "She's four feet of innocence...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

aharry01 (United States of America)() published:

Running

Running. Running.

What I remember most from that day was running. Running down the hill towards my front door. Looking down at the grass between my toes, the tickle of a perfect summer day. Feet poudning with my heartbeat. Warm wind whooshing through my sun-bleached hair--and then something odd...a sound. I hear it before I feel it. A gasp, a strange whoomp! that stops me dead in my tracks. A sudden realization evident on my terror filled eyes. The sickly...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

RockSugar98 (Singapore)() published:

Emily

PROMPT: Lens Change  | GROUP: True Stories

Just like most girls, she was very, very concerned about her weight. After every Wednesday's swim class, she examined her dripping-wet anatomy bundled in the choking, form-fitting school leotard that bit into her skin. Every 5 min mirror session would end in the same conclusion: Gosh, what humongous buttocks I have!

Like most other high schools locally, girls wear a pencil skirt. Every morning, she looks into her cabinet and her skirt stares back at her in annoyance and fear....

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Lost

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Giuliana Centofanti (United States of America)() published:

Purge

She kept going until she could feel the emptiness, until she could feel it in her bones. That bare feeling when she knows there’s nothing left inside - body or soul - and her it rattles, her body rattles. A shiver runs right through her. As the water splashed up she realized where her acne came from. Her ribs slid back and her knees buckled a little. Her mind wasn’t there, though. It was far away. Her phone, sitting on...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Purge

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Running

Running. Running.

What I remember most from that day was running. Running down the hill towards my front door. Looking down at the grass between my toes, the tickle of a perfect summer day. Feet poudning with my heartbeat. Warm wind whooshing through my sun-lightened hair--and then a sound. I hear it before I feel it. A gasp, a strange whoomp! that stops me dead in my tracks. A sudden realization, terror filled eyes. The sickly sweet jawbreaker that had...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Running

Running. Running.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

raiyabb (Singapore)() published:

Fertile

At 16 years old, 160 centimetres (or 5 feet 3 inches), 60 kg (or 132 pounds). She liked that all these measurements included 6. 6.6.6. Oh no, the number of the beast! Such blasphemy!

In her school, no one had her name, which was convenient. She craved uniqueness in all things, and she was happy that that was present in her very name. No one would have to differentiate between her and another person who shared the same name during...
Seeking Peer Reviews

raiyabb (Singapore)() published:

Fertile