Dmoral13

mixed
bilingual(ish)
attempting to be valedictorian
constantly stressed
currently reading- a separate piece by j. knowles

Here are some Users I follow, check them out:
@ajamwal ꒰•̹͡ິु•ິू꒱
@Ursa
@Anha

Here are some pieces I've recently taken a liking to:
The Wedding ~Mark Welson
the day ~allpda2003
my words fell apart so i used someone else's ~aryelee

Here's a thank you to a few of my followers, who are my WTW friends:
@Juliana
@AJ - Izzy
@Quille

---BULLETIN BOARD---
Need help with something on WTW?
https://bit.ly/346L7BB

If you like my writing & lowercase prose, check out my piece
'we're never really more than words'
https://bit.ly/2JWSzHQ

If you like my writing, the conventional style, & flash fiction, check out my piece
At last, she burned into rebirth
https://bit.ly/2OVXifH

P.S
WRITING A BOOK!!! Hope to publish 2022!

I was Fat

PROMPT: Flash Back

27

GROUP: True Stories

Ten years ago I was fat. I was utterly a big, thick, monster size (in a wide way) child. I had enough thighs for everyone, arm fat to cover California, and cheeks big enough to end world hunger if people decided to start eating them. No one was safe when I was on the see-saw.
Yet, at my age, I was so young, so innocent that no one judged my size, or the way the ground shook underneath of me. No, none of it mattered. All that mattered was whether or not I wanted to be the evil dragon or the princess who needs saving.
However, I do remember whispers of older children, behind my back, giggles and laughs they exchanged. I remember the looks they gave me and the eyes that would widen when I walked by. Now I probably would be scared to leave my house that's how older kids treated me, but ten years ago....none of them mattered. I didn't even fully understand what they were thinking or saying. All I knew was this: Big kids are bullies. Everyone my age was my best friend.
My whole class believed we were each others' best friends and would do everything together. I distinctly remember my teacher telling us to do our own work and leave each other alone. Back then, ten years ago, life was a lot easier. I was fat. So what? Back then it didn't matter what people thought of me, only that I was nice to everyone. Back then it didn't matter how I looked to a boy. Just that they had cooties and you stayed away. Back then it didn't matter about drama or who hated who. Just that we were all best friends and kept each other happy.
Ten years ago.....if only I could go back to then.

• AminahMcBina

This was simply amazing! Well done!

• Saadia

I can complete relate to this Great work and wonderful writing. (:

• Julius Caesar

I love the message here so much. Why is it that when we get older that we get more judgmental? The logic there is nonexistent. (well i'm sure there's *some* but still)

• .audrey michelle.

wow... i enjoyed this!

life is tough, but we all find our ways to manage...

and i agree with what life was like years ago... no one cared

• Ruthh

This is stunning

• Catlover

*clapping* Soooo good!

• f l o r a

I struggled with my weight as well, and I still do. This was a piece, that definitely hit home.

• Johanna

This was so emotional... great piece!

• korra4life

Sorry, I wasn’t done. I want to say that it’s amazing for you to want to go back to that time, even though you were beyond the “normal” or “expected” spectrum. I wish I had your courage.

• korra4life

Being large should never be something anyone must be ashamed of. Beauty and character is determined by the personality of a person, not their waist size.