ollieollie

Um......hi

Over the past year, I defeated a fear of other people, learned the value of clarity and brevity, fought writer's block, and developed pride in my words.

Now I am a writer with a love for onomatopoeias and an affinity for semicolons.

I would really miss the ocean if I were to move.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Waves

GROUP: True Stories

If I were to move away tomorrow, I would take the beach with me. I would grab my sketchbook and sit under the pier where the ground is cold and damp and draw until sand and water have warped the pages. My pencil would form pictures of seagulls and shells and surfers running to be engulfed by the ocean. I would sit there and try to teach myself how to draw a wave - moving water is very difficult to capture, and there is no better picture than under the pier. The water rises between the wooden pillars and crashes toward you in a wall; a beautiful, horrifying image that looks like it will swallow you whole but loses momentum inches before it reaches your toes. I wouldn't try to brush the sand out between the pages. I would leave it there, in hopes that it would forever smell like the sea.
I would take the beach with me.

1

• nevaredhp

This makes me wish I lived by the beach :) and I love how it ends with the same sentence that started it. It feels very poetic <3