ollieollie

Um......hi

Over the past year, I defeated a fear of other people, learned the value of clarity and brevity, fought writer's block, and developed pride in my words.

Now I am a writer with a love for onomatopoeias and an affinity for semicolons.

My seventh grade history teacher liked to tell us that we were useless, so I would create these grand escape plans. Fun times.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

History

PROMPT: Imagined Scene

2

GROUP: True Stories

What would happen, I thought, if I just walked out the door, right now?

​My history teacher was on a rant again, telling us that if we weren't smart enough to understand the fundamental practices of Hinduism, we weren't supposed to be in this program. Yadda yadda yadda.... I'm scared for the future of this country and whatnot. I simply stared off into space and pretended that I was paying attention; we had all heard this speech enough times that each of us had our own coping mechanism. I was, at the moment, imaging what the look on his face might have been if I had gotten up, packed my things, and stuck my tongue out at him as I pranced out the door to the front gate.
    Okay, I'm pretty sure I can outrun the guard, but what would I do once I was out? My head swam with possibilities.
    I could go to the beach, I could go to that little café down the street that I've always wanted to try, I could hitchhike to the mountains and disappear into the forest, yeah...they'd never find me up there....
    "Miss Olivia, please repeat why learning the basis of Hinduism is essential to your further academic careers."
    Shoot.

• August 21, 2017 - 1:18pm (Now Viewing)

This was a short but interesting piece. I really enjoyed it.