Ketchup

This is a true story by Harold Shipman

Dr. Death

1

GROUP: True Stories

1.     WARNING THIS MAY BE A SENSITIVE SUBJECT TO SOME READERS THIS IS A TRUE STORY

Harold Shipman or “Dr. Death” is one of the most infamous serial killers. A government analysis was ordered to decide how many more patients Shipman may have murdered; in 2002 an official report found that he had slaughtered at least 215 people and possibly as many as 260, including men and women between ages 47 and 93, beginning in 1975. His method of murder was consistent: a swift injection of diamorphine - pharmaceutical heroin. He killed 71 patients while at the Donnybrook practice in the town and the remainder while a single-handed practitioner at his surgery in Market Street. The majority of his victims - 171 - were female, compared with 44 male. He was born January 14, 1946, Bestwood, Nottingham, United Kingdom and would end up marrying his spouse  Primrose Shipman (1966–2004) and would have many children  Sam ShipmanSarah ShipmanChristopher ShipmanDavid Shipman.  He put a dent in history but it's hard not to wonder what was his motive? Did he feel any remorse? Did he even care? The world may never know because Shipman committed suicide on 13 January 2004, one day prior to his 58th birthday, by hanging himself in his cell at Wakefield Prison. Over time there will be other serial killers but none notorious as him.