Just Jess

“I didn't break the rules, but I challenged the rules.”-Ella Baker

Unseen

0

GROUP: True Stories

My library lost its pride and innocence after the people took it. People no longer get books from there, they no longer trade knowledge. They trade drugs with their favorite vendors.
    You try to put your trust into the police, you want to believe that they will help this plague that's spreading. Sooner or later, you realize that this is just a dream for the future. No matter what happens, no matter how many people they arrest, no matter how many people try to prevent this, you can't stop this. This is a problem that you have to see that there is no true hope against this illness.
    When you say this, people will reject the idea of this dilemma at first. It's human nature to always have hope in a hopeless situation. That is how we have thrived through thousands of years of sorrow and heartache. It's how football teams to America have won against all odds.
    But in this situation, things are different. We have to use different tactics for a new war. 
    We can't just send policemen into the field anymore. Even the most vigilant can't see things that are happening only mere feet away. My library is patrolled by policemen off and on, but you know the sad truth. You know that they don't do anything to help the public the way we dream of them doing. People were trading money and drugs on the other side of the glass window. They weren't hiding, but somehow they were completely unseen. They took their time and then they walked away.  
    The biggest of society's problems are the problems that we refuse to see. We have to throw out this style of thought and consider everything as a possible contribution to our issues. Maybe this is hopeless, but I believe in human nature. The thought that anything can be possible no matter what the odds are, no matter how many problems there are, no matter what's holding us back.