Zen

「 17 」
「 Los Angeles, California 」
「 Editor 」
「 They/Them」
「 Earrings」
「 Anime」
「 Drums」

Any feedback appreciated :))

Canary

GROUP: True Stories

I have wings made of feathers, fragile and beautiful, like silk and gold. Wings of freedom. Wings of Peace. Wings of everlasting retreat. A gift made from an angel's blessing. 

I have a harmonious voice. Always singing your favorite tune. My voice, a sweet lullaby, so sweet like caramel. I sing to soothe not to brag. I only sing for the kindest lads.

I like to be around others, I can't stand to be alone. If I'm not singing with someone else, I might as well not sing at all. My voice is to be shared and joined. Not to be sung alone. 

These wings that soar cannot take me afar, for these small tiny feathers are not large. I cannot fly to the heights to heaven like the angels; my creator. A boundary between both worlds that separate us. 

I am a canary. A bird who soars, A bird who sings, A bird scared of many things. I'll continue to sing because it makes you happy. I'll continue to fly because I want to explore. But, I'll always be locked in a cage to be yours.
I don't write much, so please be easy on me.

1

• Zen

@Kii Your words are too kind! Since this is my first writing, I'm glad you like it ;;w;

• Kii

This is so pretty I'm crying. It sounds like you're trapped and can't be free, but at the same time you don't mind being trapped because it's someone you love.