Peer Review by Jessica Garcia (United States of America)()

Camp

By: A Rose

PROMPT: Dual Existence

I come back to camp and it's like coming home. It hasn't been a year, I don't know about what is to come/has happened, there's no such thing as an ending. The rain falls into the wind of an infinity symbol. I almost forget what home is, because this certainly feels like home. The days race with days, the whole 26 or so of them I've gotten to spend there. Even when I think of it all, it blends. Suddenly, I'm in love. Suddenly, I have a best friend forever and ever, amen. Suddenly, I'm popular and foolish and bold and talented. Suddenly, there's no such thing as foolish. Suddenly, I'm the most talented kid in a class full of kings.
Just writing is...those aren't things I'd ever say out loud. Those aren't things I'd admit in waves of sound or to anyone I've ever known. Sometimes, I can barely thing of who I am there. Sometimes all I can think of is that me, the me who's so brave and who lives in a world of bright colors sprinkled with music. Sometimes, I hope that me can take over. Sometimes, when it does, it ends in disaster.
Camp feels like a polaroid photo double-exposed--infinity-exposed. It feels like I'm always there and my future will be there as well. I don't know if that's real at all. First Aid Kit has a song, it goes It's been "a long time since summertime and the stories that we told." It has been a long time. I won't let it fade, but I'm terrified instead I'm just fading into it. Where's the line between remembrance and nostalgia, toxic nostalgia?

Helpppppp

I like how you use figurative language to show how the memories intertwine.

I feel like you kind of got off topic in the middle when you started talking about the confident you taking over, but other than that everything is pretty good.

I really liked when you said, "It feels like I'm always there and my future will always be there."