Purple Kitty 2001

"Livin' On A Prayer"

GROUP: True Stories

I have many favourite songs, but one of my absolute favourites is Bon Jovi's "Livin' On A Prayer".
I first heard the song three years ago at summer camp (my first year as counsellor) at the dance. However, I didn't really pay any attention to it. That fall, I got into rock music and searched up Guns 'n' Roses and Bon Jovi. When I listened to the song again (in my room, on our computer), I realized that this was great. The beat was good, the lyrics were inspiring, and it was easy to sing along to. (Plus, who doesn't like the key change at the end?)
The next year at summer camp, my sister requested "Livin' On A Prayer" specifically for me. It was one of the very first ones we played. And you know what? So many of the other kids knew the words to the song! It's a testament to how enduring it is. It also reminds me of a time when I wasn't so anxious or depressed with how life was going, and how optimistic and restless I was.
It also remains the only song which, if it pops up on the radio, I will sing to. Even if people are around. Because it's meant to be sung out loud. After all, we're all "Livin' On A Prayer."

• June 13, 2019 - 8:47am (Now Viewing)

• Ryder

I love that song!!