7124aec8ac5f0561405ee5a83d65fb00

casamiento

Activist, Writer, Actress, Speaker. Acknowledgments and Idols: Antoinette Pippin, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Emma Watson

You wish on that star all you want. But remember, that old star can only take you part of the way. You gotta help it get along with some hard work of your own.

I Forgot

PROMPT: Flawed Memory

0

GROUP: True Stories

Like many others, I forgot the most important day of my life: my birth. The day I was brought to the universe that brought me so much in return, I completely forgot. 

I doubt anyone in the world remembers, and if they do they should be in a museum. It's hard to extend you memory so far, impossible rather. It is kind of disappointing I don't know what happened that afternoon on June 20th, the day I will know to be my favorite day until the end of me. 

I think there were fireworks, parades, and an animal-free circus that afternoon, but my mother says there wasn't. I'm pretty sure there were lots of balloons and flowers and my favorite music was playing; classic rock. My mother says there wasn't.
I'm sure it was nice and painful and stuff. I wouldn't know.

I can't remember the face of the nurse or the doctor or my mom's face or my dad's.

I don't remember the first faces I ever saw or the first breath I ever took or the first smell I smelled or anyone of my very first. All the things I know about my very firsts are tales told by my mother, who's memory is as good as mine. 

I forgot the most important day of my life, and you only live once. 

1