GROUP:

True Stories

Login Open Group - Anyone Can Join

Published Writing

Saadia (United States of America)() published:

Desert Island Book Edition

PROMPT: Your Forever Book  | GROUP: True Stories

For anyone who is a book worm this may be the most difficult question ever posed to you. I grew up always surrounding myself with books from the library. I remember in middle school how my mom actually had to take my books away from me because I spent too much time in my room reading (ironic right?) But I still remember the first book I ever fell in love with: Little Women. I was in fifth grade when I...

6

Samina (India)() published:

Untitled

PROMPT: "It was the Year..."  | GROUP: True Stories

It was the year in which I found Write the World, a gate to my dreams It was the year in which my life changed It was the year in which I made my little solar train It was the year in which l got to sing on stage. (trust me if you hear me singing your ears will surely bleed ) It was the year in which I won first prize in Elocution It was the year in which...

Seeking Peer Reviews

_____thaya_____ (United States of America)() published:

Soundtrack To My Imagination - Althaya Shaw

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

When you’re a creative person with no motivation to create, you do a lot of daydreaming. This is how I spent a majority of my middle school life. I was homeschooled and had no social life so I would spend hours imagining different characters with different storylines. I also had a large music library. I used music as inspiration for my stories.

The combination of meaningful lyrics and interesting beats keep my imagination fresh and creative. Eventually, I stuck to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Denisse Murillo (Mexico)() published:

Breath of Air

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

When I've been hiding my emotions for a while, trying to ignore them it kind of feels like a protective shell over my heart is formed. My vulnerable heart is not exposed to danger anymore, it's relieving to know you won't get hurt. But the protective shell is good at ignoring feelings, so everything in my life becomes dull, like a food I can't taste, you can't enjoy. The shell gets stronger and stronger but at the same time, I'm...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Luthien (United States of America)() published:

Lost Dreams

FREE WRITING  | GROUP: True Stories

January 16th, 2020
Home

I placed my heels together and turned my feet out into first position. I was sixteen, and I hadn't taken a ballet class in over three years. I bent my knees to plie but my bones ached and my muscles felt sore. I hadn't even started, yet I already felt tired. I sighed and plopped to the ground, wishing I had tried harder to achieve my dance goals.

I felt like a failure. 

My insecurities augmented...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Raquel (United States of America)() published:

Gifts for the Elderly

PROMPT: The Power of Protest  | GROUP: True Stories

Every semester, my family and I go with some other students who have musical talents to perform at a retirement and nursing home in our town. The residents love it when we play music for them; this past Christmas they were really into short program featuring holiday, classical, country, jazz, and modern music. Many of them, sitting somewhat dejectedly in the room, smiled as soon as they saw us.
    Being able to attend such an event and play...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Bits and Pieces

PROMPT: Still Lifes  | GROUP: True Stories

Shock 
    Images spun and words slurred as I hear what Mrs. Grewel said next.
    "Yes, he's got a girlfriend."
    My mother replied calmly, as if my world was not dissolving around me. "How's that working out?"
    "He's so in love. Head over heels," Mrs. Grewel said, giggling her high laugh and clapping her hands happily for her son.
    My breath froze, while my heart kept beating, reminding me that life could...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Climbing High

PROMPT: Wingspan  | GROUP: True Stories

Ever since I fell off our swing-set at the age of eight while climbing on it, I have been terrified of heights. Climbing a ladder to paint a wall, my legs grow weak and I feel sick. Pulling myself onto a tree branch two feet off the ground, I shake and drop down at once. My nightmares consist of climbing stairs, only to look down and see that I am hundreds of feet off the ground.
    Naturally, I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Sabine of the Galaxy (United States of America)() published:

Home is Where You Leave Your Heart

PROMPT: Someday Home  | GROUP: True Stories

One day I'll live in a two-story blue house with gabled windows on the top floor and a porch walled off to keep away the cold air in winter, and the bugs in spring or summer. I'll have a little library for an office, complete with a beautiful desk. The most honored books in my collection will be ones that I wrote, or have written part of. They will be beside the stories my family will publish, and my all-time...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Autumn.B.Coleman (United States of America)() published:

Misinformation

FREE WRITING  | GROUP: True Stories

Streetlight and pale moonbeams filtered through the school bus window. Yet another four am to eight pm Speech and Debate day in the books, as well as another loss for me. We were crammed into the freezing bus, determined to make the best of the bumpy trip back home. I set off to sleep, my Boyfriend played video games with his Friend, and others counted "never have I ever" on their fingers.
At night, the windows get so frosted that...

Seeking Peer Reviews

inslupbanana (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)() published:

How to look ahead

It has always been hard for me to imagine my future, even now my dreams are too vague. Truth is, I never expected to make it this far, I stopped looking forward a long time ago and now all I do is stretch farther and farther back in the hope I can recapture the me that wanted more. 

On occasion, I do dare to hope again. Mayhap with my lack of drive, the things I want will never come, it...

Year of Monotony

It was the year my emotions were firmly crushed by my mind. It was the year that I discovered I would never have a boyfriend in high school. It was the year I lived and breathed economics for six months for the AP tests. It was the year I worked for a semi-insane animal hoarder at fifteen dollars an hour. It was the year I found that my life was consumed by studies. It was the year my best friend...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Music is My Inspiration

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

Music brings me words. From the courageous trumpets of Howard Shores' Lord of the Rings scores to the desperate cello tones of Steve Jablonsky's Ender's Game soundtrack, music inspires me to write, to imagine, to believe that adventure is possible, even if it is only in my books.
    When I hear the dangerous crescendos of movie music, especially from movies with battles such as The Lord of the Rings or The Chronicles of Narnia, I envision myself...

Seeking Peer Reviews

My Home

One day I will move far away from the suburbs, far away from this state, into the depths of the wilderness. I dislike the crowded homes surrounding me, the middle class families with their dogs defecating in our yard and their children ignoring us because we are different, because we don't talk about the Super Bowl or school drama or foolish things like that.
    I need room. I want a large house in the woods, probably in the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

anvivarma (United States of America)() published:

Home Sweet Home

One day, I will gain the success I always want. One day, I will live in Fernandina Beach with my friend like we always talked about. One day I may even study and settle in Boston. The snow always did fascinate me, even if it is just a little too cold. There are so many different places I could call home in the future. Nothing is set in stone. The more I think about it, the more I don't know...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Paige Farmer (United States of America)() published:

Music Gateway

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

Music is the Gateway to letting anything out, emotions, distractions, relaxation, or anything you really desire. Anyone can listen to limitless songs or playlists that can push you in a certain mood you want to feel. In a good mood? Music. Need to be relaxed from long, stressful day ? Music is the answer for many things. Even just a good beat can change a person's attitude for the entire day. It is really helpful when this comes to mental...

3

Norah (United States of America)() published:

venn diagram

It was the year I started reading again
It was the year of some kind of bodily rebirth as I made it through winter to
the year I saw so many bodies being pushed into mass graves on the projector the day after we sat in Latin class and tried very hard not to cry
    as we avoided her chair,
    the same as at the wake when
    Irene curled up into a very small sphere
    on...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Interestingme (Australia)() published:

Music is my escape

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

Music is the water with which I drown out the world. It fills the space between my ears until there is no room for thought. My one respite from a constant stream of bitter words and troubling thoughts. Don't expect an answer because I'm lost somewhere between a melody and a bass line. To be honest with you, I don't know if I want to be found.

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

crazy_ninja_kid (Australia)() published:

It was the year of 2017...

It was the year of 2017,
It was the year I turned 12 years old,
It was the year I won in my age group for swimming,
It was the year I graduated from primary school.

It was the year everything changed,
It was the year I lost two people in my life,
It was the year I lost my best friend,
It was the year I lost my grandpa.

It was the year that the world turned against me, ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

winterwolf0100 (United States of America)() published:

My First Crush

PROMPT: Lens Change  | GROUP: True Stories

The feeling she felt when her eyes fell on him was new, such a different feeling that the first time they appeared to her, she staggered back, put off and slightly embarrassed. She knew it was supposed to happen; it was normal to feel that way about somebody, and yet she had never imagined it would be that... strong. For the rest of that year, she avoided the feeling. Avoided the boy all together. And while her friends tried to,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

A Rose (United States of America)() published:

attempts at a sigh

It was the year my first concrete fantasy collapsed like a bridge.
It was the year I was okay with my body.
It was the year I worry I fell in love
It was the year I met a quarter of my blood for the first time, really
It was the year my brother got a bigger role
It was the year I learned I was happiest making music.
It was the year I got to 500 followers on my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

aditi (United States of America)() published:

What I see

Toughness.
       She pressed her arm to the rock, feeling the stone push against her. She could feel its statuesque energy, in the cool silence of the morning. The smooth, time-worn top of the huge boulder was warm to the touch, as the sun began to peek from its abode in the skies. Yes, this would do perfectly. 
Lifting the dead rattlesnake off the pebbly dirt, she ran her fingers over the soft, supple scales of the creature,...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

BeTheChange18 (Japan)() published:

One Single Step

PROMPT: Wingspan  | GROUP: True Stories

ITSUMI! ああ、私の、あなたは次回あなたの背中を壊そうとしている!Shouted Ma from the front porch.(Oh my! Baby girl! QUICK! COME! CALL THE AMBULANCE!) ‘Ma...I’mmm sorry... Itsumi replied with a shriek. Ma was always telling Itsumi Adachi off for her talent of gymnastics though this time Itsumi had it pushed too far.
Itsumi loved gymnastics so much, her room was full of all those inspiring gymnasts and she taught herself all her marvelous tricks. Though of course we then have to talk about Ma, Ma raised five crazy children...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Dmoral13 (United States of America)() published:

Loyalty & Glee

I. Loyalty
And to the outside world, it seemed there was a choice to make. But in Ariel's heart, she knew that was a mistake. There was only one answer in which she was going to give which she believed in with all her heart. There was a growing passion in which all the anticipation and arguing had led up to. The battles would cease if they all answered what the enemies seemed 'correctly', but Ariel knew that ethics came...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Not Yet, Maybe, I Don't Know

She watched the moonlight racing against the bay waters. Winds curled branches above her as she walked the boardwalk. 
Any stars planning to come that night were yet to bloom into the sky.  The coffee in her hand like cardboard did nothing but add to the empty songs by a lonely voice in her brain, the songs she planned to write but never sounded how they were supposed to when she plucked the strings.  She longed for the city, the pigeons fluttering,...

Seeking Peer Reviews