GROUP:

True Stories

Login Open Group - Anyone Can Join

Published Writing

Dmoral13 (United States of America)() published:

Loyalty & Glee

PROMPT: Still Lifes  | GROUP: True Stories

I. Loyalty
And to the outside world, it seemed there was a choice to make. But in Ariel's heart, she knew that was a mistake. There was only one answer in which she was going to give which she believed in with all her heart. There was a growing passion in which all the anticipation and arguing had led up to. The battles would cease if they all answered what the enemies seemed 'correctly', but Ariel knew that ethics came...
Seeking Peer Reviews

A Rose (United States of America)() published:

Not Yet, Maybe, I Don't Know

She watched the moonlight racing against the bay waters. Winds curled branches above her as she walked the boardwalk. 
Any stars planning to come that night were yet to bloom into the sky.  The coffee in her hand like cardboard did nothing but add to the empty songs by a lonely voice in her brain, the songs she planned to write but never sounded how they were supposed to when she plucked the strings.  She longed for the city, the pigeons fluttering,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Quille (United States of America)() published:

Beautiful Creatures

PROMPT: Animal Alter-Ego  | GROUP: True Stories

A snake slithers through the winter-dried grass, its scales slices of glowing agate. Making its way towards the forest, it rears up to glance behind, testing the air with its blackened, forked tongue. Its eyes, fiery orbs of hate with shadowy slits for pupils, perceive nothing on the foggy moors around. Safe, it turns again towards the forest, its body lightning ripples on the ground as it comes closer to the cave where it can hide from the cruel sun.
...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

mason wong (United States of America)() published:

Condition for me to write by Mason Wong

PROMPT: A Train, a Café, a Quiet Corner…  | GROUP: True Stories

There is a condition for me to write. One of the condition is a quiet environment. I can't really write in a noisy environment. Usually, when I write I will go to my bedroom, where it is quiet. Then, I can focus on my writing.  

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

CheekClapper69 (United States of America)() published:

Dreams of Fear

PROMPT: Dual Existence  | GROUP: True Stories

As I lay down in a bed made of clouds, I dream a dream of terror and worry
In my sleep I wish for safety
A lady in white opens my doors and grabs my hand as she drags me to the floor
I’m in my hallway filled with doors leading to my memories
Awful memories of the past
I look in embarrassment and disappointment
All these memories that I thought I buried, but yet they still last
The lady...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Autumn.B.Coleman (United States of America)() published:

The Velveteen Rabbit

FREE WRITING  | GROUP: True Stories

Sitting on a bed, cross-legged as the afternoon sun peered in through the curtains, I obediently listened to Grandma. The stories she read me were akin to hypnosis in my mind: I never interrupted, just patiently watched as she turned page after page of her old childhood books. Todays chosen tale: The Velveteen Rabbit. Picked precisely by six year old me over my love of stuffed animals.
    She then began stitching the quilt of this story together in my mind....

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

YanaKang (United States of America)() published:

Beauty Queen

PROMPT: Imagined Scene  | GROUP: True Stories

There are days that I feel ugly, unattractive and unwanted. 
I dream of proving them all wrong, proving them that I am in fact a beautiful girl.
I think of all the things I'll do to my face: Youtube tells me that contouring is a great place to start.
I want to strut down the hall, totally transformed, feeling like the queen of the school.
All the boys will stare at me, exclaiming "Is that really her?"
I'll flip my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

LIONESS

I'd like to think I'm a lioness: a strong, fierce, and resourceful creature. When people think of lions, they automatically think of the pride male, with his thick, golden mane and majestic form. The male lion may be gorgeous to look at, but lionesses remind me of something stronger. Whereas the male's primary responsibility is to prowl the pride's territory to fight invaders and sire the new generation of cubs, female lionesses are the true foundation of what allows the...

1

Seth DiMaio (United States of America)() published:

Recipe for disaster

FREE WRITING  | GROUP: True Stories

Recipe For Disaster

1. Find something that is none of your business
  2. Find out as much as you can and sprinkle some tumors around
  3. Act as if you know nothing  about it and watch as people flounder
  4. Comfort the people involved and tell them you're on their side
  5. Continuously say things behind their back while you also gain their trust
  6. Repeat the 5th step as needed
  7. Watch everything they love fall apart in front of them
Expect a sour taste
  This...

1

Ketchup (United States of America)() published:

Dr. Death

FREE WRITING  | GROUP: True Stories

1.     WARNING THIS MAY BE A SENSITIVE SUBJECT TO SOME READERS THIS IS A TRUE STORY

Harold Shipman or “Dr. Death” is one of the most infamous serial killers. A government analysis was ordered to decide how many more patients Shipman may have murdered; in 2002 an official report found that he had slaughtered at least 215 people and possibly as many as 260, including...

Just Jess (United States of America)() published:

Unseen

FREE WRITING  | GROUP: True Stories

My library lost its pride and innocence after the people took it. People no longer get books from there, they no longer trade knowledge. They trade drugs with their favorite vendors.
    You try to put your trust into the police, you want to believe that they will help this plague that's spreading. Sooner or later, you realize that this is just a dream for the future. No matter what happens, no matter how many people they arrest, no...

Seeking Peer Reviews

AnnaTypeWriter (Peru)() published:

Mountains & Trees

Mountains rushed past and I wondered to whom or what they were running to. I wondered whether they would ever tire from their strides, whether they would tire from fleeing. I looked towards the trees that weaved between them - like a toddler running circles - and I could hear a child's laughter in between the breeze. As I stared back at the window, not through it but at the glass, I knew that perhaps I, myself, would never tire of running. The...

Seeking Peer Reviews

ajbcreations (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)() published:

The Waters Below

Sapphire under the burning sun, waves crash against the fortress wall, begging me to take a cool dip and be part of their world. Although planted firmly on the ground, my feet can't help but inch forward across the sandy brick, beaten down over the centuries, my toes teetering over the edge. This port belonged to swashbuckling pirates, robbing ornate galleons of all they were worth, stealing maidens and depleting rum supplies. They'd never have expected sweet families to take their Easter...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

prithikazlife (India)() published:

Winter

It was the time of the year when families get together to celebrate Christmas. But for me and my love it was the time of the year when get to see each other finally after 11 long months of wait. I still remember how we used to spend winter nights talking for hours as if we were the only people in the entire universe.There was a small balcony where we use to spend our mornings listening to the birds chirping....

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

@PRANAVI_09eri (India)() published:

The-Can't-Ignore-It-Rooster

The rooster's active mind is always working on a way to create more drama in its life. Offsetting a feisty and competitive nature is a secretive and aloof side that manifests itself when it feels insecure. And yet, a rooster is a solid friend. Their blunt approach -- while sometimes hurtful and tactless -- can always be counted on to be honest and frank. 
There's a touch of glamour in everything the rooster does -- for settling for less would...

Harlow (United States of America)() published:

imprisoned

I never retreat inside my imagination. It’s a scary, scary place. Try as I might, the cacophony and fear intruded the inner crevices of my mind. So, no, I don’t retreat inside my mind. I retreat from my  mind itself. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

Jessica Garcia (United States of America)() published:

Mexico (Draft 2)

We take the steps off of the plane and I look back at my family and realize how much we've all changed since the last time we've come here. I smell the same smell of familiarness. Whether it's raining when we step off or dry as ever, the smell is always there. It just rained so the smell is stronger. I've smelt it so many times, yet I don't know how to describe it. It's a smell that not everyone...

4
1

Maryam (Canada)() published:

Grade 4

Grade 4. Funny how that feels like it was forever ago. A lot had happened in that year, a lot that has changed my perspective on things. Imagine, a bunch of 9-year-old kids doing stuff that still messes with my 14-year-old mind. At that age (and almost all ages), everyone cares for friendships. How popular you are, how many friends you have, and that stuff is what people look for when deciding whether or not to be your friend. Me...
Seeking Peer Reviews

3
1

Zen (United States of America)() published:

Canary

I have wings made of feathers, fragile and beautiful, like silk and gold. Wings of freedom. Wings of Peace. Wings of everlasting retreat. A gift made from an angel's blessing. 

I have a harmonious voice. Always singing your favorite tune. My voice, a sweet lullaby, so sweet like caramel. I sing to soothe not to brag. I only sing for the kindest lads.

I like to be around others, I can't stand to be alone. If I'm not singing with...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Samina (India)() published:

My passion

PROMPT: Intention  | GROUP: True Stories

Passion 
Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Mexico (Draft 2)

We take the steps off of the plane and I smell the same smell of familiarness. Whether it's raining when we step off or dry as ever, the smell is always there. We walk into the airport and head to customs. I already know it's coming, the wave of mosquitoes that bite you until you have bumps all over your skin. I came prepared though, I'm all covered up so they won't bite me. We hurry through customs and walk...

hi i'm jackson ;) (United States of America)() published:

Animal

A dog that sings loudly--and sometimes well. Who loves her friends and will do anything for them...
Or do anything for a hug...

2

Orion Hopkins (United States of America)() published:

The Fox

A fox represents me. I'm fast, sneaky, cute, and smart. Those who know me I hope would agree. They are my favorite animal too. I know this is short, but it's what represents me!!!!!!!!!!!!

etherealthem15 (United States of America)() published:

When I Let Things Free

When I let loose the words that my heart and mind know, and they run wild upon paper or screens, the place has no value. They dance themselves free in classrooms, on porch steps, in friend's bedrooms, on roofs, in my bed, in hallways, on car rides, and other places where I need to let things flow. My expression is best when I have notes, from instruments and voices, passing through my ears. Letting free what rampages in my heart,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Purple Kitty 2001 (Canada)() published:

Whenever, Wherever (I Write)

The title says it. When I feel the urge, if I have a notebook handy, I quickly write something down. In the past, this would be at the dining room or kitchen table or sprawled on my bed, usually in the evening or when everything is quiet. Nowadays, I also do a lot of writing on my laptop in my dorm (at university) and not so much with pen and paper.