GROUP:

True Stories

Login Open Group - Anyone Can Join

GROUP ACTIVITY

Just Jess (United States of America)() published:

Unseen

FREE WRITING  | GROUP: True Stories

My library lost its pride and innocence after the people took it. People no longer get books from there, they no longer trade knowledge. They trade drugs with their favorite vendors.
    You try to put your trust into the police, you want to believe that they will help this plague that's spreading. Sooner or later, you realize that this is just a dream for the future. No matter what happens, no matter how many people they arrest, no...

Seeking Peer Reviews

AnnaTypeWriter (Peru)() published:

Mountains & Trees

PROMPT: Imagined Scene  | GROUP: True Stories

Mountains rushed past and I wondered to whom or what they were running to. I wondered whether they would ever tire from their strides, whether they would tire from fleeing. I looked towards the trees that weaved between them - like a toddler running circles - and I could hear a child's laughter in between the breeze. As I stared back at the window, not through it but at the glass, I knew that perhaps I, myself, would never tire of running. The...

Seeking Peer Reviews

clos (United States of America)() reviewed:

Winter

PROMPT: Dual Existence

This piece is something that is very sweet and has a really good story. It flows really well and manages to keep it short but still hold a really pick gut punch in the end. You really take the prompt...

ajbcreations (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)() published:

The Waters Below

Sapphire under the burning sun, waves crash against the fortress wall, begging me to take a cool dip and be part of their world. Although planted firmly on the ground, my feet can't help but inch forward across the sandy brick, beaten down over the centuries, my toes teetering over the edge. This port belonged to swashbuckling pirates, robbing ornate galleons of all they were worth, stealing maidens and depleting rum supplies. They'd never have expected sweet families to take their Easter...

Seeking Peer Reviews

clos (United States of America)() liked Winter by prithikazlife (India)()

1
1

prithikazlife (India)() published:

Winter

PROMPT: Dual Existence  | GROUP: True Stories

It was the time of the year when families get together to celebrate Christmas. But for me and my love it was the time of the year when get to see each other finally after 11 long months of wait. I still remember how we used to spend winter nights talking for hours as if we were the only people in the entire universe.There was a small balcony where we use to spend our mornings listening to the birds chirping....

Seeking Peer Reviews

@PRANAVI_09eri (India)() liked The-Can't-Ignore-It-Rooster by @PRANAVI_09eri (India)()

1

@PRANAVI_09eri (India)() published:

The-Can't-Ignore-It-Rooster

PROMPT: Animal Alter-Ego  | GROUP: True Stories

The rooster's active mind is always working on a way to create more drama in its life. Offsetting a feisty and competitive nature is a secretive and aloof side that manifests itself when it feels insecure. And yet, a rooster is a solid friend. Their blunt approach -- while sometimes hurtful and tactless -- can always be counted on to be honest and frank. 
There's a touch of glamour in everything the rooster does -- for settling for less would...

Zen (United States of America)() reviewed:

Vagabond

PROMPT: It’s Your Life

I love it please keep writing! I don't see anything to add, maybe make one more sentence for the first stanza to be the same length as the others below it. Other than that I don't have much to say...

Harlow (United States of America)() published:

imprisoned

I never retreat inside my imagination. It’s a scary, scary place. Try as I might, the cacophony and fear intruded the inner crevices of my mind. So, no, I don’t retreat inside my mind. I retreat from my  mind itself. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

Zen (United States of America)() liked Vagabond by Kii (United States of America)()

Jessica Garcia (United States of America)() published:

Mexico (Draft 2)

We take the steps off of the plane and I look back at my family and realize how much we've all changed since the last time we've come here. I smell the same smell of familiarness. Whether it's raining when we step off or dry as ever, the smell is always there. It just rained so the smell is stronger. I've smelt it so many times, yet I don't know how to describe it. It's a smell that not everyone...

Jessica Garcia (United States of America)() reviewed:

Camp

PROMPT: Dual Existence

I really liked when you said, "It feels like I'm always there and my future will always be there."

Mexico (Draft 2)

PROMPT: Dual Existence

I really liked this piece, even though it's just a draft. It's filled with a concrete storyline that describes you experiencing the present while recounting the past. With the descriptive detail you use to recount these memories and the tone...

Kii (United States of America)() reviewed:

Canary

PROMPT: Animal Alter-Ego

Some advice from me, you can take it with a grain of salt if you wish, but I feel like this piece needs more imagery and description of a "canary". You described the voice and the wings, but what other...

Lightless (United States of America)() reviewed:

Grade 4

PROMPT: Dual Existence

The Girl in the Music Box

PROMPT: Freedom

I really liked this story. It's very human and combines a lot of good techniques and strategies together. I think it would be fun to see an audience for the ballerina. I guess it depends on the type of music...

clos (United States of America)() liked The Girl in the Music Box by tojosiewithlove (United States of America)()

Ray (Canada)() liked Canary by Zen (United States of America)()

Charisse Marison (United States of America)() liked Grade 4 by Maryam (Canada)()

4
1

Maryam (Canada)() published:

Grade 4

Grade 4. Funny how that feels like it was forever ago. A lot had happened in that year, a lot that has changed my perspective on things. Imagine, a bunch of 9-year-old kids doing stuff that still messes with my 14-year-old mind. At that age (and almost all ages), everyone cares for friendships. How popular you are, how many friends you have, and that stuff is what people look for when deciding whether or not to be your friend. Me...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Charisse Marison (United States of America)() liked Canary by Zen (United States of America)()

Laylani (United States of America)() liked A diverse story by Laylani (United States of America)()

Kii (United States of America)() liked Canary by Zen (United States of America)()

Zen (United States of America)() liked The Fox by Orion Hopkins (United States of America)()