GROUP:

True Stories

Login Open Group - Anyone Can Join

All writing published for Dual Existence

Published writing

1

glass_raindrops (Tunisia)() published:

Used to Be Home

PROMPT: Dual Existence  | GROUP: True Stories

Vivid blue seeps down towards the trees, fading slightly before meeting their leafy, upturned heads. The pond extends, glassy and dark, before me. Ducks with shimmering green feathers disrupt the waters. They ruffle their feathers, adding soft sounds to the crisp air.
Trees rim the pond and follow the path. Their rusted leaves rustle and sigh in a breeze that chills my nose. I soak in the rich reds and burnt oranges. One tree looks toasted, with golden leaves tinged dark at the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

HeyThereRose (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)() published:

Do you remember...

It was one of those moments. A  Moment where time was no longer relevant and present and past unnecessary additions to the word childhood. "I'm a princess ninja!" Lily cried poking me with a stick. I grinned at her, this girl 9 years younger than me to whom the biggest worry was defeating the imaginary monsters of my mind. I grabbed up my 'sword' from the ground, "let's pretend..."

Suddenly I am not 13, a teenager with exams and homework...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Michelle Lam (Australia)() published:

The Treasure Hunt

You know those nursery rhymes that you sing when you are little, unaware of the meaning behind the words? Rhymes like Ring o' Ring o' Rosies, and Mary, Mary Quite Contrary - even Jack and Jill. It's until you look years later and pay actual attention to the lyrics that a whole new world opens up to you. 

A fascinating, but haunting world.

That was me with my dad's jokes. He used to joke about this particular memory he had...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

PineappleGirl (United States of America)() published:

Peppa Pig

When I was in London (2 days before christmas). I was sleeping over at my cousin Daisy's house. She has 1 brother and 1 sister. We were playing spy in the attic, and pretending it was a ship with gold. Daisy's 2 year old sister Marianne (Meme) was at the bottom of the stairs when we saw her. Holding her Peppa Pig doll. "Hi Meme" I yelled pretending she was an alien. "Abbabuba" she replied "stop acting like she is...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Angelina Nguyen (Australia)() published:

Along My Harbour

There were see-saws of many colours, shapes and sizes working strenuously to keep the children of many colours, shapes and sizes happy, rocking back and forth. Wooden planks had been stacked higher than skyscrapers to form staircases, leaving splinters in the fingers of curious toddlers. Several slippery dips could be chosen from but I always preferred the giant, silver one; my clumsy, little feet had trouble climbing up but giggled uncontrollably as I slid down flat on my stomach. Across...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Juneisle (United States of America)() published:

Timeless Memories

Time is a funny thing. Memory is bound by it, but is not controlled by it, and that, I think, is where it's true value comes to light. Only three times in my living memory have I ever been to the ocean, yet every summer I yearn for it's salty kiss and sandy shores. All of my thoughts blend together there. The first time, my aunt screaming at cockroaches would wake me up at night. Or was that the second?...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

MaloneTime (Ireland)() published:

Romantic Ireland's Dead and Gone

When I climbed atop Vinegar Hill for the first time, I felt very distinctly the quietness. Apart from my father carrying a small bag of food, the only noise was the wind forcing its way through the air, through the grass, through the decrepit stone building standing alone on the empty hill. Behind the hill stood my weary county, in all its tired excellence. Behind that, mountains that completely outdid the humble hill under my feet. Only in size, though,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

rowangalathynius (New Zealand)() published:

Back in the Hallway

Walking back through the hallway had never felt so different. Four years later, and nothing felt the same. Every movement felt foreign, unreal. There was nothing that could bring back the old feelings. A sense of nostalgia overwhelmed me while I walked, reminding me of times long past. Revisiting this place brought back so many memories, yet a small dose of pain accompanied each one followed by the realisation that this was the past, and it wasn't ever going to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

tejes121 (United States of America)() published:

The Back Seat of Her Bike

My sister's bike. Age eighteen. I asked her if she was up for some ice cream. Her eyes  reflected the same excitement that my eyes shone with. Eagerly, I climbed on the back seat of her bike and off she drove. She navigated through the busy streets that weren't all that populated when I was much younger. It was quieter - both the roads, and the people occupying it. We passed by shops that were once familiar to me, and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Aaliyah (United States of America)() published:

Before Life

Once upon a time, lost in a long, long dream, I saw my paradise. 

The world was still a beautiful place, as it had been created, all covered with silver ice and snow. The birds were still chirping in the fresh dawn, and the sun still shone in it's golden glory, before it was overcome and hidden by the dust of mankind. The colourful and happy little flowers still played by the blue river, flowing and whispering to the tall...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Riley Noel (United States of America)() published:

You Can't Go Back

Its been a long time since I've seen this place. I usaly take the road far around this place, so I dont have to see it. Today though, I let myself slip. I take the fimilar turn, past the house with the swings, through the small curve, then, i'm there. It's older know, abandoned they say. I stop the car, looking out at the empty garden beds and empty fields, my tears start to fall. Through the blur of my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

OpalAuthor13 (Canada)() published:

Wellington Park

The U-Haul van was on its way through my neighbourhood. I leaned against the passenger window and took in the last I'd ever see of Wellington Park. We drove along the sidewalk, where a little girl who looked just like me was trying to sell lemonade. But there was not much lemonade left to sell because she was drinking most of it in a war against the summer heat. A boy was hiding inside a bush nearby, and a group of other...