GROUP:

True Stories

Login Open Group - Anyone Can Join

All writing published for Dual Existence

Published writing

2
1

CheekClapper69 (United States of America)() published:

Dreams of Fear

PROMPT: Dual Existence  | GROUP: True Stories

As I lay down in a bed made of clouds, I dream a dream of terror and worry
In my sleep I wish for safety
A lady in white opens my doors and grabs my hand as she drags me to the floor
I’m in my hallway filled with doors leading to my memories
Awful memories of the past
I look in embarrassment and disappointment
All these memories that I thought I buried, but yet they still last
The lady...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

prithikazlife (India)() published:

Winter

It was the time of the year when families get together to celebrate Christmas. But for me and my love it was the time of the year when get to see each other finally after 11 long months of wait. I still remember how we used to spend winter nights talking for hours as if we were the only people in the entire universe.There was a small balcony where we use to spend our mornings listening to the birds chirping....

Seeking Peer Reviews

Jessica Garcia (United States of America)() published:

Mexico (Draft 2)

We take the steps off of the plane and I look back at my family and realize how much we've all changed since the last time we've come here. I smell the same smell of familiarness. Whether it's raining when we step off or dry as ever, the smell is always there. It just rained so the smell is stronger. I've smelt it so many times, yet I don't know how to describe it. It's a smell that not everyone...

4
1

Maryam (Canada)() published:

Grade 4

Grade 4. Funny how that feels like it was forever ago. A lot had happened in that year, a lot that has changed my perspective on things. Imagine, a bunch of 9-year-old kids doing stuff that still messes with my 14-year-old mind. At that age (and almost all ages), everyone cares for friendships. How popular you are, how many friends you have, and that stuff is what people look for when deciding whether or not to be your friend. Me...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Mexico (Draft 2)

We take the steps off of the plane and I smell the same smell of familiarness. Whether it's raining when we step off or dry as ever, the smell is always there. We walk into the airport and head to customs. I already know it's coming, the wave of mosquitoes that bite you until you have bumps all over your skin. I came prepared though, I'm all covered up so they won't bite me. We hurry through customs and walk...

2
1

Orion Hopkins (United States of America)() published:

No More Time

Jadlyn, my love. Mom, Dad, brother, sister, cousins, aunts, and uncles. gone before my eyes. There is no more timein this world to hold all of humanity. Soon when time will finally end, then I will be gone too. Just like the rest. Why am I the last one to leave, not just in my family.. but in the world. I was last in line to die. Nothing more of anyone else. They'd just stop where...

1

hi i'm jackson ;) (United States of America)() published:

She's The Same

There I was, walking up the sidewalk. I remember thinking it was just like old times, entering an old restaurant that I loved when I lived there. Noodles And Company, Muncie Indiana. I waited for what felt like forever, until I saw her old, familiar car pulling in. I burst out the door, bubbling with hello's and hi's and excitement. Turns out, she had no idea I would be there, her mom surprised her. Anyway, we sat down and talked,...

1

A Rose (United States of America)() published:

Camp

I come back to camp and it's like coming home. It hasn't been a year, I don't know about what is to come/has happened, there's no such thing as an ending. The rain falls into the wind of an infinity symbol. I almost forget what home is, because this certainly feels like home. The days race with days, the whole 26 or so of them I've gotten to spend there. Even when I think of it all, it blends. Suddenly,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Harlow (United States of America)() published:

Tears by Moonlight

It was night, I think. In the nebulous moonlight and fresh tears, it was too hard to tell. I remember waking and yelling, but no one heard me. That's when I knew I was alone. It was night, I think. In the eyes of a broken, lonely child, it was too hard to tell. There was only one of me and the monsters were closing in and there was no time.

No time.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Tequilamockingbird22 (United States of America)() published:

A Wilted Flower

The world came to a standstill after those words swam in my mind. He doesn't love you.
    Colors in my bedroom blended that they doubled and rocked back and forth. Noises of laughter clashed in my mind, enough that I didn't bother picking up my book or eat the fries that awaited me. Instead, I stared blankly at the ceiling. He doesn't love you. Anger brewed in her voice. On the verge of losing it... I forced to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

Plausible.Poems (United States of America)() published:

Coffee Shop Regular

The 30 second walk from my car to the shop is almost always a blur. Anyone can smell the odor of freshly brewed 'cups of joe' from miles away; that's part of what draws so many people in. I enter, pause in the doorway for a second to inhale and sigh it out, grinning. I make my way to the best spot- my corner seat composed of wooden crates stacked on wheels and piled high with dog bed cushions. The...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

fire_to_freedom (United States of America)() published:

Return to the Sea

For ten years, I had been landlocked. Placed right in the middle of the country where iced tea ran through the veins of the locals and one was more likely to see a cow walking in the middle of the street than a car. Ten years before, I had lived on the very edge of the United States, on an island where decade-old lighthouses stood, weary with time and bleached by the sun and the salt of the sea. The...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Return to the Sea

For ten years, I had been landlocked. Placed right in the middle of the country where iced tea ran through the veins of the locals and one was more likely to see a cow walking in the middle of the street than a car. Ten years before, I had lived on the very edge of the United States, on an island where decades-old lighthouses stood, weary with time and bleached by the sun and the salt of the sea. The...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Purple Kitty 2001 (Canada)() published:

Back to Saskatchewan

Last year, my family and I returned to Saskatchewan. It had been eight and a half years since we'd left.
We stayed at my best friend's house in Wynyard. To me, it was the best part. We walked to a cafe, went to the pool, and ate Chinese take-out food. 
We also visited people. The roads were much longer than I had remembered, but there were places that I remembered. There were churches, villages, and always the prairie.
In Wadena,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Sora (New Zealand)() published:

Still

Time has this funny way of slowing when the heart speeds up. As if the two were connected. Maybe they are. Or maybe I'm searching for meaning where there is none. I do that a lot.
I did that on the first day I felt time stop - really stop - on a summer evening as I sat atop a willow tree. A breeze chased away the warm fingers of sunshine that were trying to find the earth, stretching down,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

.audrey michelle. (United States of America)() published:

Past and Present

The past is full of memories and regrets, the present is full of the moment and reflections.  That is what I'm here to say, and I could just end it right here, but no.  I'm going to explain, to give you a deeper understanding of memories and regrets, in the moment and relfections.

I am going to go back to this summer at camp.  I'll give a brief background of where I was and what happened before...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

tristen kay (United States of America)() published:

It Was Right

In my Memory the way you look at me, makes me feel dangerous. Like somehow when our eyes lock on each others, I am daring, I would do anything for you.

The way you look at me, makes me want to spend every single day with you. I can see the passion in your eyes and suddenly nothing else matters.

In my memory, when you look at me, I feel confident. There is nothing in the whole world...

Seeking Peer Reviews

PineappleGirl (United States of America)() published:

Peppa Pig

When I was in London (2 days before christmas). I was sleeping over at my cousin Daisy's house. She has both a brother and a sister. We were playing spy in the attic, and pretending it was a ship with gold. Daisy's 2 year old sister Marianne, who was nicknamed Meme, was at the bottom of the stairs when we saw her, holding her Peppa Pig doll.
    "Hi Meme" I yelled pretending she was an alien.
    "Abbabuba" she replied
    "Stop...

Seeking Peer Reviews

ollieollie (United States of America)() published:

Starbucks

It had been a year. Three hundred and sixty five days without seeing them. We talked on the phone, texted, sure, but it wasn't the same. It took a long time to get used to not seeing them every day. It's been a year since I've had a face to face conversation.
    I walked into a familiar air conditioned temperature, just a few degrees above freezing. The layout of the tables was the same, there was the same bubbling conversation that...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Angelina Nguyen (Australia)() published:

Along My Harbour

Sand in a pit stubbornly tickled my skin, along with the aftertaste of fish and chips that made this day an urban vacation. The curiosity as to why such a beach-like playground resided by a city harbour has never left me. There were see-saws of many colours, shapes and sizes working strenuously to keep the children of many colours, shapes and sizes happy, rocking back and forth. My mother would place me in a baby seat and told me to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

yapyapxy (Singapore)() published:

A View from A Castle

The slept-in soft familiarity of my bed suspends a feeling that time has slowed on this late Sunday afternoon. There would be no time for such lying around when school starts with all its activity tomorrow. I look across my room, where the rounded, smooth pearly white curvature of the walls of the building opposite my street echo a tower. A tower I have never and will never visit in real life, but more often than I can count in...

2

Uma Bhat (United States of America)() published:

The Not-Grad

The end of my middle school career had come too soon. After three short years filled of anxiety, finals, friends, parties, Honor Society meet ups, and irritating lockers, I would never see the brick school off of the city's Main Street again. It was the end of the beginning, and I was a mix of multiple different emotions. 

But because each and every eighth grader felt the same way, we felt obliged to celebrate our emotions in the way we...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

old (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)() published:

Sounds like Stress

Tick, tock, tick, tock,
staring intently at the clock,
i wish that i could stop the
tick, tock, tick, tock.

Tip, tap, tip, tap,
I make a rhythm with my pen cap,
You can't put that, your answer's crap says the
tip, tap, tip, tap.

Clip, clop, clip, clop,
just ignore it, she's doing her job,
not as distracting as the raindrops, they don't
clip, clop, clip, clop.

Tick, tock, times up,
Didn't finish?
That sucks.
It didn't make sense. ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

sKRUwriting (India)() published:

Nothing has changed. At least, not where it matters.

"Amma, My earings, they're not fitting, Ugh I have to be ready in 3 minutes, why? Why does it always happen like this, Amma?", She screamed, My daughter, oldest of three, almost 27 years old and the only temper she has ever shown is with her mother. For one split second, I could only see her as the 7 year old, getting ready for her first ever dance performance, crying because the payal would'nt fit her tiny, soft feet. Her...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Michelle Lam (Australia)() published:

The Treasure Hunt

You know those nursery rhymes that you sing when you are little, unaware of the meaning behind the words? Rhymes like Ring o' Ring o' Rosies, and Mary, Mary Quite Contrary - even Jack and Jill. It's until you look years later and pay actual attention to the lyrics that a whole new world opens up to you. 

A fascinating, but haunting world.

That was me with my dad's jokes. He used to talk about this particular memory he had...