GROUP:

True Stories

Login Open Group - Anyone Can Join

All writing published for Music Is

Published writing

jordyn_brookee (United States of America)() published:

Music

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

Music is my escape from reality and the damage of the world.

1
1

Raquel (United States of America)() published:

Music is My Inspiration

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

Music brings me words. From the courageous trumpets of Howard Shores' Lord of the Rings scores to the desperate cello tones of Steve Jablonsky's Ender's Game soundtrack, music inspires me to write, to imagine, to believe that adventure is possible, even if it is only in my books.
    When I hear the dangerous crescendos of movie music, especially from movies with battles such as The Lord of the Rings or The Chronicles of Narnia, I envision myself...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

_____thaya_____ (United States of America)() published:

Soundtrack To My Imagination - Althaya Shaw

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

When you’re a creative person with no motivation to create, you do a lot of daydreaming. This is how I spent a majority of my middle school life. I was homeschooled and had no social life so I would spend hours imagining different characters with different storylines. I also had a large music library. I used music as inspiration for my stories.

The combination of meaningful lyrics and interesting beats keep my imagination fresh and creative. Eventually, I stuck to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Denisse Murillo (Mexico)() published:

Breath of Air

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

When I've been hiding my emotions for a while, trying to ignore them it kind of feels like a protective shell over my heart is formed. My vulnerable heart is not exposed to danger anymore, it's relieving to know you won't get hurt. But the protective shell is good at ignoring feelings, so everything in my life becomes dull, like a food I can't taste, you can't enjoy. The shell gets stronger and stronger but at the same time, I'm...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Paige Farmer (United States of America)() published:

Music Gateway

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

Music is the Gateway to letting anything out, emotions, distractions, relaxation, or anything you really desire. Anyone can listen to limitless songs or playlists that can push you in a certain mood you want to feel. In a good mood? Music. Need to be relaxed from long, stressful day ? Music is the answer for many things. Even just a good beat can change a person's attitude for the entire day. It is really helpful when this comes to mental...

1

Interestingme (Australia)() published:

Music is my escape

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

Music is the water with which I drown out the world. It fills the space between my ears until there is no room for thought. My one respite from a constant stream of bitter words and troubling thoughts. Don't expect an answer because I'm lost somewhere between a melody and a bass line. To be honest with you, I don't know if I want to be found.

Seeking Peer Reviews

5

Isabella Swenson (United States of America)() published:

My Flute At My Side

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

I thought I'd be in orchestra, all throughout school. I thought, Not a bad way to get through my teenage years, with my violin at my side. 
  But then, we moved, and I was in a different school district, one without an orchestra. And the band wasn't letting in any violinists. (Though, they did let in a cello player. I felt the injustice very acutely.) I couldn't just quit music, of course, so I took a crash-course on the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

lindsayt270 (United States of America)() published:

The Silence Meets the Life

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

Music is my dearest friend and my worst nemesis.

Music is what we sang on the car to the radio with my sister and my friends.

Music is what my dad loved and endorsed around the house, playing it constantly on his tablet to my childhood wonder.

Music is the fog I can pull over myself to escape.

But,

Music is also the blaring noise that kept me from studying during finals week.

Music is the screeching sounds from my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

Lyell (United States of America)() published:

Accidentally Created

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

Music is the world I revolve around. It is notes on a page, and sounds in my ears. It is tactile, because I can feel it humming though my body when I have an instrument in my hands or blank staff paper in front of me. It is powerful and strange, seemingly beyond comprehension, but made perfectly comprehensible by the right teacher. It paved the way for modern society in its ambition to touch us.

Music...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

mgdoeswriting (United States of America)() published:

Just Is

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

Music is painting through the ears.
Music is cracking shoulder blades
the clocks crescendo and you duck your head between your knees
solo breath
fermata, ahh
timpani entrance popping stomach juices
violins pull gently at your hair
braid in sections, burn and kiss your skin, the harp plays when the freckles cue it.

My eardrums are strong.
I run onto the carpet
and twirl to the emperor’s piano song.
I am stubby legs and grace.
I train my arms into...

Seeking Peer Reviews

tally (United States of America)() published:

music

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

music is constantly playing in my life. 
its the thing that keeps me going.
even when there's only an eyelash of hope.
music is how i get through life.

1

korra4life (United States of America)() published:

Music Is...

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

Music is my shield against all foes. It's notes and pitches created a lovely barrier between my confusing thoughts and the rest of the world. Music is what keeps me from straying into loneliness and makes me smile. Music is what lifts me and what helps me. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

astryn23 (United States of America)() published:

Hear Your Music

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

Music is all around us. Some may not spare the time to realize this, but it truly is. Everything we do and say makes up music, everything nature does and says makes up music, anything and everything - it is music. The laugh of a child, dancing feet on hard stone, the sigh of a smile, the pitter-patter of paws coming to greet you after work, the cry of despair, a crash of a falling pot, scratching a dog’s chin,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

jasminewinter140 (Australia)() published:

Music...It's the One Thing

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

Music...Music is the one thing that always understands your feelings no matter what mood you're in. You're happy? There's a song for that. Sad? There's a song for that. Mad? Guess what, there's a song for that too. Music is the one thing that can transport you from a moment of despair to a moment of content. Music is the one thing that can make the shyest person scream at the top of their lungs. Music can make that same shy...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

justakid_111 (United States of America)() published:

Music's Advantage

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

Music is one of the very few things that help he escape my everyday life. It helps me be who I want to be. It  gives me passion. Music has changed my life because it has built up my confidence for becoming a musician and an actor. Music has so many meanings toward every song. Every song tells a different story. Every musician has their own taste in music which makes every song just as great as the other. Music...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Tan_07 (India)() published:

Time Travel

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

It is so often that I wish I could turn back time, to the good ol' days.
Listening to a song takes me back to the day I first heard it. I experience the same feelings, get teleported to the same place and am just able to escape my present for a while.
Some songs may remind you of that ecstatic feeling experienced during the initial stages of having a crush, when everything related to love was about the two...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

LackingASocialLife (Australia)() published:

How does music change us?

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

Listen to Adele sing with utmost power and poise.
Listen to Eminem spit raps faster than your train of thought.
Listen to Twenty One Pilots' lyrics, 
Listen to Princes' iconic pieces,
And listen to Panic! At the Disco's variety.

Listen to the words
Listen to the talent
Listen to the effort and music and tune.

You are listening to  a r t. How can it not change you??

...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

FairNoble (United States of America)() published:

Two Poems About Music

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

The Music in us All
Your heart;
the beating of the drum.
Setting the tempo,
You soul;
the light melody,
which makes it glow. 
Your brain;
makes the rhythms;
which set your life in place.
Your life if forever set to the beat;
of your heart.

And

Music Changes Us
Music changes the world;
it changes the turn of events;
it sparks revolution;
it inspires us all;
it gives us an outlet;
it gives us purpose;
it shows us who...

4

Bellbell0307 (United States of America)() published:

Music

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

Music is the savior of the listener. It heals the heart with condoling words.  

Seeking Peer Reviews

Music

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Purple Kitty 2001 (Canada)() published:

Music In My Life

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

Music brings flavour to my life. As a Ukrainian, I am familiar with the music of my background. There are so many different melodies and moods in the Ukrainian culture. I especially love the church and Christmas music.
I have taken piano for over 10 years now, and I love trying new pieces or playing a piece I particularly like. Although I wouldn't consider a career in music, I enjoy the piano and am always excited when some person mentions...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

vinndetta (United States of America)() published:

the key to the deep, inner part of my soul

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

Music is a part of the human soul in my opinion – it releases emotions that other mediums of expression cannot. Composing music gives me the satisfaction of an artist that can pull together musical tones in a way they have never been put together before. The vibrations that fit together like puzzle pieces make a work of art, filled with mixtures of color and tone. Music composition is one of the most spectacular forms of art. It mixes colors...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

paperbird (United States of America)() published:

Music Is

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

Music is the time and space when we switch emotions, and trade them around like collector's cards.

Seeking Peer Reviews

ashy (United States of America)() published:

music through my eyes

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

music is my armor. its a part f me. the sound that pumps through, when stereos boom.
    my headphones are my lifeline, they're keeping me here. music makes me see things, in a whole new perspective. the lyrics I sing, are all that I couldn't say.
    music brings life, and colour to all things. the one thing that can be shared around the world. its brought me together with so many friends, a simple song, a lonely beat. show me...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

Karin.r (South Africa)() published:

The Sound of Nothing

PROMPT: Music Is  | GROUP: True Stories

I wish I could tell you that music is the reason we're alive. The be-all-end-all to the endless rat-race of striving for perfection and ending up with disappointment. To be honest, it isn't, and can never be. So why all the emotions it evokes and memories it lures back? I don't know. We might never know. But the one thing we all know is that not a single day goes by when we can't help but hum a piece of...

Seeking Peer Reviews