GROUP:

True Stories

Login Open Group - Anyone Can Join

All writing published for Imagined Scene

Published writing

1

YanaKang (United States of America)() published:

Beauty Queen

PROMPT: Imagined Scene  | GROUP: True Stories

There are days that I feel ugly, unattractive and unwanted. 
I dream of proving them all wrong, proving them that I am in fact a beautiful girl.
I think of all the things I'll do to my face: Youtube tells me that contouring is a great place to start.
I want to strut down the hall, totally transformed, feeling like the queen of the school.
All the boys will stare at me, exclaiming "Is that really her?"
I'll flip my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

AnnaTypeWriter (Peru)() published:

Mountains & Trees

Mountains rushed past and I wondered to whom or what they were running to. I wondered whether they would ever tire from their strides, whether they would tire from fleeing. I looked towards the trees that weaved between them - like a toddler running circles - and I could hear a child's laughter in between the breeze. As I stared back at the window, not through it but at the glass, I knew that perhaps I, myself, would never tire of running. The...

Seeking Peer Reviews

ajbcreations (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)() published:

The Waters Below

Sapphire under the burning sun, waves crash against the fortress wall, begging me to take a cool dip and be part of their world. Although planted firmly on the ground, my feet can't help but inch forward across the sandy brick, beaten down over the centuries, my toes teetering over the edge. This port belonged to swashbuckling pirates, robbing ornate galleons of all they were worth, stealing maidens and depleting rum supplies. They'd never have expected sweet families to take their Easter...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Harlow (United States of America)() published:

imprisoned

I never retreat inside my imagination. It’s a scary, scary place. Try as I might, the cacophony and fear intruded the inner crevices of my mind. So, no, I don’t retreat inside my mind. I retreat from my  mind itself. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Tan_07 (India)() published:

Thursay Morning..

I woke up to complete darkness in my bedroom, an unusual place for me to sleep as I always slept with my parents. I checked the clock and learnt that it was already 6:30 am and if I didn't get ready at 100 miles an hour, I would miss the school bus. I jumped out of bed to search for my parents and walked around the entire house twice, but to no avail. Somewhere in the back of my mind...

Seeking Peer Reviews

LyraLynne (United States of America)() published:

Fantasy Future

Crowds cheered my name as I stood in front of their awe. My soft smile rained down on each person as I opened my mouth to speak. The words were kind yet stern as I criticized the way things were going. No longer will we be slaves to our own "independence!" Cheers erupted once more. We will not stand idly by while the people we voted for take advantage of our so-called weakness. We are not weak! We will persevere and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

korra4life (United States of America)() published:

Wave

She waved goodbye again. I didn't want to see it. The car drove away slowly and she was still waving. My eyes were filling with tears. I closed my eyes and saw myself in the car. I waved goodbye to everyone else before turning back and facing my sister. We laugh and dance to the deep beats of the music. Instead of waving goodbye from the sidelines, I could be with her. I could go the distance and do what...

thecrazychatlady (United States of America)() published:

It's Cold.

Cold is described as a needle, a blanket, an ache; but on this particular ice shelf on this particular area of the faceless ocean, the cold walks beside me, its hand in mine. I stroll to the edge of the ice shelf and gaze at the lapping water below, my hand held tight by the cold. It will not let me fall into the bottomless depths, because it would be far more fun to play first before I slow, tired...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

DipsyDoodle (United States of America)() published:

Welcome To My Mind

Have you ever been inside someone's mind before?

Ill take that as probably not right

Well ill give you a glimpse into what i have to deal with on a regular basis.

Lets have you imagine someone sitting in a black room with two other people, all of them have spotlights on them. The girl in the middle with curly hair, aqua blue eyes, A figure, such like that. The other people in the room are plain but are different...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

ollieollie (United States of America)() published:

History

What would happen, I thought, if I just walked out the door, right now?

​My history teacher was on a rant again, telling us that if we weren't smart enough to understand the fundamental practices of Hinduism, we weren't supposed to be in this program. Yadda yadda yadda.... I'm scared for the future of this country and whatnot. I simply stared off into space and pretended that I was paying attention; we had all heard this speech enough times...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Aaliyah (United States of America)() published:

Fairytales in Mind

Hollowed-out hearts followed the trail of the wind, till I could think no more. Beneath me, the brown horse galloped with such energy and vigour, that I feared, lest I hit the ground. But my fear vanished with such a grovelling vestige, as it was impossible to not notice the wondrous environment that flashed by and by. The sun crested the craggy mountains, and I imagined it as a glorious sunset, overflowing with the red of roses in fresh bloom,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

CCReed (United States of America)() published:

Staring at the Wall

There was nothing special about the moment; we were just talking, like we do every day. Maybe it was because I felt like my life I was boring. Maybe it was his deep brown eyes. Maybe it was because he was talking about another girl while staring so intensely at me, that my heart jumped in confusion and frustration- maybe longing. Maybe it was because I knew he trusted me this much to tell me about everything that I felt...

Seeking Peer Reviews

SideraAmare (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)() published:

The Amazonians

I rode through a lush forest on a horse my friends riding along with me, the pounding of the horses hooves creating a satisfying thud as we chased our prey. We were Amazonian women, wild, free and powerful. We were on the hunt for a particularly insolent man that had dared seek us out. We cried out, loosing arrows as we whipped through familiar trees and leapt over running streams. We a force to be reckoned with especially when angered...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Danielle Young (United States of America)() published:

Bus Rides

Boring and bleak the bus ride both to and from school is, without my friend here to chat with. No sound but the loud voices of the other kids and the rattle of the school bus as it moves down the bumpy road. No enjoyment, no entertainment; nothing to do but listen to other conversations or stare out the window. Choosing the latter, I gaze out the window and watch as the world zips by in a blur of brown,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

itsnotcaitlin_ (Australia)() published:

Mum

I ran up to mum, throwing my arms around her, happy she was finally here. We talked about what was happening in our lives, both of us trying to fill in the silence. She smiled, a small one, and I returned it but I was surprised that I could after everything that had happened. She said that she had to go now, I begged her not to, wanting to talk more to memorise her face and voice. She walked away,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Jnaha ThePoet (United States of America)() published:

Weird

Weird….
Unorthodox, out of the box, odd ball
A likely outcast turned household name
No one knew her, no one cared for her name
Never fitting into the illusion of the “Norm”
She stood out. She stands out.
Weird is the name to her anonymous fame..

1

Angelina Nguyen (Australia)() published:

Jet black Jacket

I sat beside him and sighed before telling him how relieved I was that the first half of the competition was over. He laughed and raised an eyebrow, probably noticing how I was shaking ever so slightly.
"Are you cold? Even with that jumper on?"
"A little, but I'm also very nervous for the next stage," I admitted.
All of a sudden, he took off his coat and wrapped it around my shoulders, letting it droop and cover my chest....

Seeking Peer Reviews

sonia101 (Ireland)() published:

Escaping the Daily Grind with a few Bumps and Bruces.

'Does this toast look done to you?!'Her voice was sharp and unnecessarily loud. This was the umpteenth time today she has yelled at me. I decided much earlier that day I was going to quit this dreadful job and start anew. But for now, with one hour and forty three minutes to go until the end of my shift, I had to find a way to refrain from verbally bludgeoning my Boss and unreasonable customers. And so, I began...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Jes (United States of America)() published:

Camp Convicts

There is gray, bleak building on the road to camp. "It's a prison," I say with certainty; and my mother laughs. She later sends me a letter from home about a breaking news story, involving an escaped criminal. Day four of camp: it is night, my mother is gone, and the counselors are telling us to drag our cot mattresses into the main building. I overhear a staticked walkie-talkied message from Panda, my head counselor. "....Girls in bed....sleepover....for the night...keep...

Seeking Peer Reviews

mythicalwords (Canada)() published:

Pulled Away Into the Ice Rink

Called out of the line for movie tickets my mother angrily informed me of the sudden cancelation thrust upon me by the guy I've been so anxious and excited to meet; he cancelled on me on my birthday. My scrunched up face was dampened with tears as I sobbed to the radio and my mother's angry rant and efforts of reassurance as the car took me home. Through the tears and stinging hurt my mind drifted down beyond my soul...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Grace Ow (Singapore)() published:

Grow Up

"To you, everything's funny;
​You've got nothing to regret.
I'd give all I have, honey,
If you could stay like that."

- Never Grow Up, by Taylor Swift

I am in my room, and it was a typical afternoon. Back then, iPods were alien to me, and smartphones were premature ideas barely conceived, a wild imagining. Instead, I had a radio, in the corner of my room. I pressed the...
Seeking Peer Reviews

erinsheckard38 (United States of America)() published:

The Hero

There was a lot of screaming when I was nine. It was everywhere, early in the morning and late into the night. So in my mind, I became the hero, the glue, that one that put everything back together. There was no more screaming. everything was peaceful and everyone was happy. but then there's banging on the walls, cracking glass and packed bags. So much for being the hero. So much for happiness.

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

oliviaschladt (United States of America)() published:

Clean Sweap

I'm walking up to the podium, radiant like the sun. Wearing my jumping suit and bib number 10, I am still shocked that I won. Everyone around me cheers with glee, especially my coaches and teammates. I forgot how good winning felt, the big smile on my face stretching for miles. As I flash back to reality, I realize that it was just a dream. I was looking at a picture of a friend winning, remembering how much fun the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Maya Freeman (United States of America)() published:

Glacier's peak

I looked up but all I could see was that I was far behind my group. All I could think of was how much longer it was to the camp grounds. Then I looked left, I could see the mountian tips formulate rows one behing the next, in a window formation, their snow covered peaks glaring at all that they surrounded. I closed my eyes and inhaled sharply, I could see myself climbing the glacier at the peak of the mountian,...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Glacier's peak

Seeking Peer Reviews