GROUP:

True Stories

Login Open Group - Anyone Can Join

All writing published for Freedom

Published writing

4

Koda Lynn (Japan)() published:

Fin.

PROMPT: Freedom  | GROUP: True Stories

Six. Six years old to be exact. This was when the chains were latched. Every night, the monster would walk through the door and climb into my bed. Waiting to see if I was asleep, or merely hoping for his leave. Then coldness reaches my lower half, seconds follow, and i'm numb. The monster leaves the room and I cry myself to sleep. The next morning I climb out of bed and thank god for school. The monster takes me...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Trinity Nivens (United States of America)() published:

Freedom

PROMPT: Freedom  | GROUP: True Stories

freedom everybody has but just because you have the title of being free doesn't mean that you are you can be set back by history and family matters. Others feel safe and some don't because they have been systemic oppressed by the rules and by the government some people can't walk about as who they really are because people will jump to conclusions and think your a bad person but your just trying to get home. america is based off...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

tojosiewithlove (United States of America)() published:

The Girl in the Music Box

PROMPT: Freedom  | GROUP: True Stories

My freedom begins when my feet are bound. Wood, glue, cloth, ribbon. From the tips of my toes, aching to be released from the tight box, to the soft pink ribbons, wrapping my ankles and holding them in place like the choke-tight thread that binds a promise. My legs protest my every move, my stomach tells me what in doing is wrong, to please come down, it hurts. My feet suffocate against the soft pink. My already bandaged, bruised, battered...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Harlow (United States of America)() published:

Open Road

PROMPT: Freedom  | GROUP: True Stories

The van squeals as its limits are braced and the trees, kissed in the glow of sunset, form a rainbow mosaic in your opened window. In your ears, the discordant sound of static and unevenly signaled talk shows blare as you stare at the open road. The sunsets and the moon rises and your head pokes out from the window. The cold night wind nips at your face as you yell to the moon your fear, hopes, dreams. In that...

Seeking Peer Reviews

and-peggy (United States of America)() published:

Still We Lie in Wait

PROMPT: Freedom  | GROUP: True Stories

"We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal"
This is not true
For still we lie in wait
Sitting in the leftover swamps of our own sweat and tears
Shedding grief over a matter supposedly settled hundreds of years ago
We settled the score, but still we stall in the backwater of dreams that died
We crush ourselves with the weight of responsibilities that we can't afford
We squash ourselves like bugs on a windshield,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

AnnaTypeWriter (Peru)() published:

fuzzy jeans

PROMPT: Freedom  | GROUP: True Stories

true freedom doesn't have a google definition, isn't found to have a wiki page, sure as hell isn't seen on any sort of constitution. True freedom cannot be found in expression nor actions, in school nor home, in others nor yourself. True freedom is impossible to obtain and - ironically enough - acknowledging this is freeing enough. True freedom is only felt moments before death, when any and all expectations fall from your shoulders ad crack the concrete under your...

Seeking Peer Reviews

New York_dreamer (United States of America)() published:

Freedom

PROMPT: Freedom  | GROUP: True Stories

being free
doesn't't always mean
you have to be
alone...

7

Maryam Q (Malaysia)() published:

Homeschool

PROMPT: Freedom  | GROUP: True Stories

The airconditioning is at full blast. I shiver; jumpers are not allowed in our school. School uniforms only. I look down at the paper on my desk. Long division. No, no, no. I raise my hand.

"Yes?" The teacher looks up from marking exam papers at her desk. 

"I need to go to the bathroom!"

She shakes her head, "Finish page 19 first, then you can go." I look down at the paper. My bladder is bursting.

That was before....

Seeking Peer Reviews

Maryam Q (Malaysia)() published:

Homeschool

PROMPT: Freedom  | GROUP: True Stories

"I need to go to the bathroom!"

That was before....

Seeking Peer Reviews