Lilygreen

Ridiculously self- pressured, hopelessly (and unsuccessfully) in love for three years, and scared to write the things that matter. And that’s me on a good day . Good luck.

“Here’s some advice- stay alive.” Haymitch Abernathy
“I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if ... But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”- Marilyn Monroe

For Myself

PROMPT: Dear Me

0
Dear Me,
You worry a lot of the time. You’ve moved past those panic attacks but anxiety still decks you a falling blow when you’re not careful. Your hands shake when you get nervous, but only worried nervous, never butterflies-in-the-stomach nervous. You compare yourself when you shouldn’t, but you’ve made peace with being imperfect. You embrace it and try to fix the parts of yourself that you think need fixing. Sometimes you can’t see the parts of yourself that hurt others and intimidate those who might otherwise be your friend. But you are loyal to a fault, always ready to admit when you are wrong, and you will continue to work hard, even when there is no chance of success. Sure, you can be prudish at times, and too hard on yourself, but you’ve made progress. I’m proud of you and I appreciate you. Do what you can, and remember to let yourself live a little bit... Live through your writing and don’t be afraid to sound like an amateur, because you are one. Embrace that, and make it your own. Write freely and without regard to what others will think. I know that you pray for courage every night and cry when you hear Amazing Grace. Remember that these little things make you who you are, more so than any award. Love where you are, can’t wait to see where you’re going!
- Skye