Riya

14- feel like I'm 4 sometimes lol
Love to bake delicious desserts
From India but living in the USA
Enjoy painting but not the best at it
Potterhead

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"
- Albus Dumbledore

"There is always light/ if only we're brave enough to see it/ if only we're brave enough to be it"
- Amanda Gorman, The Hill We Climb

Hey you! Or me? Or us?

PROMPT: Dear Me

1
Hey you! Or me? Or us?

Whatever! I know you're you and I'm me and we are still the same. I say that because I know I will have evolved into a different person. Maybe only the little things have changed like favorite colors or foods. Maybe some bigger things have changed like career aspirations. Despite what may have changed by the time you see this, I know that I still remain the same. The same feelings, the same sense of humor, the same life

I'm not going to waste my time asking you about where you are or who you're with. What I care about is the kind of person I have become. Do you wholeheartedly believe that you are a better person now than you were on 12/9/2020? If you don't, then I want you to take immediate action. Besides that word of advice, my only hope for you is that you become a strong, independent person who is kind but firm when necessary. I hope wherever you are, you are the best version of yourself.

Now on a different note, how different is your life now from the way it is for me during the disastrous year of 2020. Do you still have the same hobbies like baking, swimming and painting? What job did you end up doing and did you go to Harvard? Did you accomplish the goals that you have set for yourself now? 

Lastly, I just want to remind you of this quote that I currently love: "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore, in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, page 333.

Love,
Riya Pharsiyawar (aka you but not at the same time)

• Anlee

sweet letter~ your writer's voice and personality are so clear here and i love it <33