IDream

Helen
13
Love Music and Dance
Love Writing
Love Fiction that brings me to a new world
Favs -
Place: Home Sweet Home
Fruit: Mango
Subject: ELA
Book: The Shadowglass
Author: Agatha Christie

To The Future Me

PROMPT: Dear Me

9
Dear me,
I'm not sure how old you are or how you are like. I know that people change. 
One thing is for certain though. You probably don't want to listen to the younger you going on and on. You most likely think that I'm so naive and I don't blame you. Maybe I am. In fact, a couple of years ago, I thought that I was mature and everything I thought was right. Now, reflecting back, I feel like I was super naive back then and I've learned now. But people always learn and grow. So I agree, you are wiser than I am now. 
There are things I want to tell you, though, just in case you forget:
Follow your heart. You are always tempted to not do this because you are often discouraged. You want to do something but some forces in life may stop you. You might not think that you are enough to achieve your dream. And I'll tell you you're not. Because you haven't tried to pursue it yet. You will be though. Someday.
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. You should know this is a very important one. Nobody has succeeded all the time. If you think you have, it just means that you haven't really succeeded. Some people say that you have to take a taste of failure before you succeed. I disagree. Success is a neverending pathway. People that are deemed successful by others are finding their way to become more successful. And you can have a taste of success before you have a taste of failure. It's just that failure will always come at you at a point in life. If you have had the taste of success first, though, sometimes the failure will knock you down harder than others. You have to learn how to stand back up. Take risks. With every failure, the higher you go.
Knowing what's right isn't enough. You have to do what's right. Some people prefer 'do what's right even when nobody's looking.' I prefer this one. It doesn't matter if you know what's right. You have to do what's right. If you don't, then what's the difference between knowing what's right and not knowing? If you don't do what's right, what guarantees that you actually know what's right? 
Be Optimistic. What's the point in being depressed all the time? You'll just realize how dumb it was afterward. There's always good in life and when you are down, think about the good things. Look into the future. Others like being with people who are optimistic. Not only do others like optimistic people, but I can also assure you that you will like yourself better once you adopt this one. 
Be Kind. Trust me. The world could do with a little more kindness. Who knows? Maybe one day, you can change someone's life with a couple of kind words. And it benefits you too. Your acts of kindness will always come back to you just like a boomerang. It might not be in the same form but yeah, it will. Want a real example. I know a tale called the glass of milk. You can search it up on youtube or whatever is popular in your time. Finish reading the letter first, though. I don't want you off track. You should even be kind to the people who aren't very kind to you. Why? Because you don't know why that person is acting unkindly. They might be having a hard time or they don't understand how to be kind. You can help them with that. 
You Matter. Okay. I can just imagine you laughing your teeth out saying 'What type of advice is that?' You're right. It's not advice. It's just a true fact that I want you to remember. You live in this world. You make a difference in this world. You have an effect on the people around you. Your every action has consequences. If you fit all of these, then you matter - just like everyone else. Nobody can change that fact no matter what they say. 
Never say 'Why couldn't I have been granted more opportunities?' Why do you think you deserve to be granted anything? You are already really lucky to be in a family that can afford quality food, clothes, and education. Let's face it. This world isn't fair. Some people are granted more opportunities than others from birth. But what can you do about it? Get born again? The only thing you can do is work harder and earn yourself more opportunities. 
 Your internal appearance is much more important than your physical appearance. Physical appearance is just the outer shell. What's really important is the inside. Don't be upset when someone says you're ugly. There will be those who say that you're beautiful. What use is being pretty on the outside? When you grow old, your hair grows white, your skin is wrinkled, what keeps others loving you? It is your kind soul. Your conscience. Your morality. 
Finally, love. I know that you love a lot of people and things. You love your family. You love this beautiful world you live in. You love your friends. And the older you become, the more love will be in you. There are many things I don't know about love. Is it real? Can it actually be the way it is in the fairytale stories? I don't know. Maybe I'll wait for you to tell me. 
Love, 
Me (the younger you)
P.S. No matter how bad things become, you need to know that there will always be one person who should and will continue to love you and that person is you.

• January 7, 2021 - 11:42am (Now Viewing)

• IDream

Re: Thank You @wintermagic, that means a lot to me!

• bookmagic

Judging from this piece, your work will often be liked by me.

• IDream

Re: Thank you, misletoe3.14159 and alwayswriting. I really love your pieces of advice, they're really good. Also, I checked out your writing pieces and they're really beautiful.

• alwayswriting

This is so sweet! You never know how you will turn out, so my advice would be to live life the way you want it, it's your life so be the main character!
    I also love the ending. It is always very important to love yourself!

Good luck with future work, looking at this piece, your next one will be just as amazing!!

• ~madeline~

This is so interesting and thoughtful.... I guess I would say to know that it's okay not to be perfect and to show others that you aren't perfect. Just the advice I would give myself :)

ALSO, hi, I'm Madeline, (currently my username is holidayified(that's now a word)) If you have any questions, feel free to let me know... and btw, if you want to respond to comments just go to their piece and comment "re:" meaning replying and then your comment. Happy Writing and I can't wait to see more :)

• IDream

If anyone has other good advice for me (or rather, the future me), I would love to hear it!