books4life

Avid bookworm (see user)
She/Her
Black. Lives. Matter.
feminist rants are kinda my thing
i'm that #theatrekid
District 12
Dauntless
Gryffindor

Est. March '20

Hi & thank you for coming to my page! I'm always open to any feedback with your comments/reviews! :) Wanna chat? Drop a comment!!!

completed-ish works: *first drafts*
Rose's Flowers--a modern day rom-com.
Zeus' Eagle--Greek mythology re-inspired

--Quotes--
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." -Toni Morrison.

"Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness."-Oprah Winfrey.

"I'm speaking." -Kamala Harris.

From A Dog's Eye View

PROMPT: Creature View

5
Molly was a lazy type of dog. Her schedule consisted of a strict regime of sleep, sleep, eat, oh and more sleep. 
Not that this relaxed pup was going to complain! 

Her owners were nothing but kindness themselves, lavishing their "precious baby" with treats and toys galore. Sure, they were often busy, yakking away on shiny pieces of metal, or dashing in and out of the door at late hours. 

You see, Molly was officially adopted as a puppy, at a run-down shelter. She was embraced by the loving arms of one Melody Miller, who had a similar liking to the letter "M" as well. Gifting the dog her new name, some bacon, and a purple squeaky toy, they instantly became fast friends.  

A couple years later, Melody brought home a friend named Laura, who loved Molly with all of her heart, always bringing the dog some treats and would doll out belly rubs whenever Molly wanted. Then, Laura became a constant in Molly's life when she moved in, bringing her smile and love into the once seemingly empty house. 

In the years followed, Melody and Laura worked as doctors and even brought up a family together of two, young loud girls: Phoebe and Sam. At least the girls loved to play fetch with Molly, which Molly really liked. (a lot)

But recently, Melody hasn't been coming home, always busy, running around in her blue outfit, looking tired. Molly can sense her sadness, and often curls up next to her when she's asleep. And one day, Laura didn't come home. Melody looked stressed and so depressed as she cried into Molly's soft fur. 

Her daughters were too young to understand that Laura would probably never be coming home. With a heavy heart, Molly came to this realization and sought to comfort Melody in any way possible. After all, she was her best friend and so Molly did what she would always do: love her unconditionally. 
Word Count: 325. This is a bittersweet third person perspective from a dog during the pandemic (Molly) who lives with her owners (Melody and Laura who are married doctors) and the owners' children, when Laura catches COVID 19 while working and is hospitalized because of it. This is an all too real situation we are all in right now, so I encourage you all to continue to be safe during these craziness! 

Do you have any pets? Let me know below! :) 

• Elizabeth Lewis

Also by the way I meant how it was sad to be a positive thing, because you are able to make your readers feel through your words :) It is one of writers' superpowers.

• Elizabeth Lewis

This is so sad! And you're right, this is a real situation for so many right now.
    Thank you for this amazing but sad piece. Praying for you!!!

• beth r.

chapter six of being okay!

• beth r.

yes i love thissss!
    re: thank you so much :)

• birthdaycandles

Re: Yes! I forgot to update that in my bio! I have finished the heir a fortnight ago or so! WOW what a cliffhanger!! I so want to go onto the last book now but I have classics to read for school :/ Plus I want to make the last book last because I’m not ready to say bye to Illea and the selection ;( And thanks for your comment ;)

• V-Rose

Here's Chapter 18 of Flying on Broken Wings!

Re: Oh thank you!