Hayley Jade

'I heard that life's to short, don't let it pass you by; we spend a lot of time crying over wasted time' NF (best artist ever)

Im 15 years old and i have been writing since i was 9. I turned to writing as a coping mechanism, i enjoy writing songs, poetry, and essays. My strongest compassion is music, as i refer to it as my better half. Writing saved me, as my moon during dark nights and my sun during light times. Writing gives me my voice in the world and i'd be lost without it. Of course my dream is to be a famous song writer or writer, but even if i never make it there i still get so much out of it. Everyone asks what you would grab if your house is on fire, for me it's a no brainer; my songbook.

What's in your glass?

PROMPT: The Unseen

0
Verse 1;
have you ever felt lost, have you ever felt scared, have you ever felt alone even when someone was there, your heart beats fast, but your lungs work slow, you look around but there ain’t nowhere to go, you try to catch your breath, you try to make a sound, you make a glance left, you take a look around, you make a glance right, you take a look down, your vision isn’t right, you might as well drown, you’re so lost, you’re never getting found
chorus;
breath breath breath
that’s what you hear, when you can barely see
breath breath breath
you try to tell yourself but you’re never getting free
verse 2;
i kinda feel trapped, this place is too small, i’m trying to get out, but i just collapse and fall, i try to catch my breath, but i can’t catch it at all, i try to stay strong, i try to stand tall, i can’t get no where my mind is in a stall 
chorus;
breath breath breath
breath breath breath
verse 3;
i’m stuck in my head, i’m trapped in my mind, it’s slowly killing me i see it i’m not blind, what do i do when people ask if i am fine, every time it happens i swear i’m gonna die, i know it’s in my head but this happens every time, when i say i hate this feeling just no that i’m not lyin, this could be the death of me, anxiety it’s a crime. 
I wrote this after losing my best friend in a car wreck. I had a panic attack in class after i messaged his friend and he confirmed it. I tried going to the counselor but she just said there's no way i can know for sure and she sent me back to class. I went to the bathroom and looked up his name; the first thing that popped up was him... and the article from his wreck the night before. 

• November 16, 2020 - 9:44am (Now Viewing)