Rachaelgrace

Follower of Jesus
LOTR & Narnia
Wish Zuko was REAL
Gryffindor
XC runner
Oldest sister of 3
Enneagram 1
Team Keefe
Let's draw near to those who are suffering and fight injustice

Enjoy :)

To the Storehouse

PROMPT: Playlist

7

Here are 12 songs that I would highly recommend! Actually, a lot of these songs inspired me to write my own poetry. Most of the groups/poets in this list are not well known, but their music is filled with light. 

1. Far Kingdom - The Gray Havens 
This song gives us hope for the future like no other.
2. Does Your Heart Break - The Brilliance
The sadness and brokenness that is so prevalent in our world is explored in beautiful prose, and it doesn't end without hope.
3. Eustace - Sarah Sparks 
This one is especially beautiful if you have read the Narnia series and know the story of the Voyage of the Dawn Treader, but it is really good either way.
4. The Resistance - Josh Garrels 
I always get chills when I hear Garrels sing. His passion in this song is really powerful. 
5. After the Last Tear Falls - Andrew Peterson
Oh when I listen to this song! The fact that suffering will someday end is captured wonderfully here.
6. Did Not Our Hearts Burn - Jess Ray
The gorgeous words of this poet are made even more beautiful by her talent for guitar.
7. He's Always Been Faithful - Sara Groves  
The reminders in this song are ones I need everyday.
8. Storehouse - The Gray Havens
So, I had to include 2 Gray Havens songs on here (yes, they are named after the Lord of The Rings heaven!) They are really gifted artists.
9. Give Me Jesus - Shane & Shane 
This song was originally a spiritual written by African slaves in the United States. The beauty and profundity of it is unique to the pain of those so deeply scarred and unjustly in bondage. 
10. Lofty - Propaganda 
Propaganda is an amazing poet, singer, and spoken word artist. His work is absolutely stunning.
11. Who Am I - Nahoa Life
This artist is 11 years old, yet his lyrics are astounding, his voice is perfect, and his music is stirring. 
12. No Ways Tired - Jackie Hill Perry
The lack of justice and the grief expressed in this song should be known by all.

• November 14, 2020 - 10:47am (Now Viewing)

• birthdaycandles

I love these recommendations! I’ve recently been listening to a lot more Christian pop/contemporary and I love that some of these songs bring me back to Christ <3 also, thanks for your comment on my piece! That’s so amazing you want to be a teacher, I hope it works out! Teachers are so important in shaping and growing the youth <3

Oh gosh, why don't I know any of these songs!? They sound great tho!

• amazing grace

These all sound great! I'll be sure to listen to some. Have you ever listened to Casting Crowns? They're really good. I like their song 'Voice of Truth'.

Wow, I will be sure to check these artists out. They all sound so cool! Number 9 sounds especially good!