Malkiboy

Hello! I'm Malkiboy! I'm an Aspiring Writer and I hope to join the community here.

Like last time, any.

I Want Something to Believe In

PROMPT: This I Believe

1
What do you believe in?

Well I dunno. What do I believe in? That could be anything.

I guess God counts, does He not? I believe in God. That satisfies the question, but I have so many questions - so many curiosities to be addressed and answered. My belief increases with inquisitiveness. 

Do I believe in people?

The question doesn't make too much sense either, so how am I meant to answer? Well they exist in my mind all right - I am no idealist. But I am a few 'ists'.

But this question... it makes me think. I claim to be a meliorist or an environmentalist, and whilst I stand by those principles, can I really say I am? I am no expert, yet I think I could be them.

But really, what I want, or even what I need, is something to believe in.

Je veux quelque chose croire en (x3); Quiero algo creer en (x3)

I believe in language. I believe in the art of communication and intercourse. Writers can easily manipulate sentences from just word order. The study of syntax is most certainly interesting. I assume my French and Spanish is somewhat unnatural, but language... language is a way of saying something. For in meaning, all languages mean the same thing, but it's just a way of expressing it.

But that is just what I believe.

I guess I believe in more. Personal philosophies huh? Philosophy - the study of wisdom. What personal wisdom do I have to share?

That would be none. Last time I tried anything of the sort, it ruined me. I wouldn't want to go back there though.

I believe in angels. Something good in everything I see.

That comes from 'Angel Eyes' from ABBA. I do believe in angels. Maybe they're not in the material world but certainly in the spiritual.

Maybe I'm overthinking the question. Personal philosophies? Reflection? I've reflected a bit I think. But I dunno. Perhaps I could read others and my beliefs could be changed again.

But that is all for now.
My 'This I Believe' prompt. A bit weird in my opinion, but who knows?

• Huba Huba

Oh. My. Lord. Thank you so much for the comments and the review, I appreciate it so much!!!!! You've officially become one of my WtW friends :)))))
    Please feel free to ask me for help, I'd happily review your pieces too!
    I apologize for being too bubbly haha.

• Huba Huba

Also I see that you're new! Welcome to WtW! I hope you stay!

• Huba Huba

OOooo I'm learning French, not the best at it.