mirkat

she/her│infp-a
est. 10/15/20

"take me with you, finished thing"
"too dizzying to love anywhere
but from a distance"

have an ineffable day!

<3<3<3

thanks to paisley blue, rwong, wisp, and crystalline galaxies for all the love and support.

scribble chums with remi'sgotinkstains, useless :), and Starlitskies.

i think i'm a broken umbrella?

take a deep breath and
let tomorrow dissolve
into today;

songs

PROMPT: Playlist

29

just a few of my all time favorite songs. leave song suggestions in the comments!

sad songs:

- when (by dodie) is just so beautiful... it's my sad song go-to. it has wonderful lyrics that will get you crying even if you're in a happy mood. 

- sick of losing soulmates (by dodie) is also really, really sad. the music video is like the most soul-crushing thing ever. also beautiful lyrics.

- supermarket flowers (by ed sheeran) is also so sad, but in a wonderfully somehow hopeful way. he sings to his mom who recently died... oh my god, i cry every time. 

- rivers and roads (by the head and the heart) is a favorite of mine because i used to sing it at my sleep away camp with my friends right when we were about to leave. also, it's super easy to play on a uke (which i sorta kinda know how to play).

- say something (by a great big world) is phenomenal! it really captures the feeling of being on the edge of giving up. love the lyrics.

- chasing cars (by sleeping at last) makes me cry! beautiful lyrics and music.... ahhh, i love sad songs for some really weird reason.

feel-good songs:

- this is the new year (by a great big world) has such a catchy beat. i always have to stand up and start awkwardly dancing when i hear this song.

- ahead by a century (by the tragically hip) is half sad/half hopeful. it really is a wonderful song and makes me so happy for some reason. it's all about how we can't go back in time and we just have to live in the present. 

- one day (by matisyahu) is so inspiring! i always sing along to this song. it's beautiful, both the music and lyrics.

- have it all (by jason mraz) always makes me happy! very inspiring.

- forever young (by rod stuart) is technically an 80s song.... but it makes me feel so good! it's that kind of happy that has a nostalgic twinge to it, ya' know? anyway, i love it.

80s songs:

- dancing in the dark (by bruce springsteen) is wonderful! catchy and i just love it.

- walk like an egyptian (by the bangles) is amazingly catchy... good beat, too.

- hey jude (by the beatles) is the best! the lyrics and the na-na-nanana-na-nas are spot on. honestly, anything by the beatles is amazing. here comes the sun, oh darling, i am the walrus.... XD

- edge of seventeen (by stevie nicks) has like the best beat ever-- which is hard because all 80s songs have good beats. okay, there are so many great 80s songs, but i'm leaving it at this because i could go on forever.... XD

these are just a few of my favs, but i hope you find something here you like. what are your favorite songs?

guys, seriously, yesturday i had 52 followers. and now i have 60? ahhhhhhhh! love all y'all, though. XD  keep writing! <3

• Yellow Sweater

I love the Head and the Heart! You should check out Kings of Convenience. Similar vibes, but much softer, and much more... European?

• elliem

Reply: thanks for your feedback and sweet comment! Yes, I agree.

• poetri

Re: yeah, I already pre ordered though bc I wanted a signed copy lol. I’m so excited to get it, like a little present from my past self in March :)

• poetri

Some more for ya:
    Rocketman by Elton John
    Cherry Wine by Hozier
    Antebellum by Vienna Teng
    One Last Time, Please by Dodie
    Tears Dry on their Own by Amy Winehouse
    Neon by John Mayer

• poetri

I’m sorry but I think we are twins there’s no other way
    (Also are you pumped for build a problem? I know I ammmm)

• Rachaelgrace

I LOVE SLEEPING AT LAST haha ;)

Updated song suggestions:
    - To Build a Home (Cinematic Orchestra)
    - Saturn (Sleeping at Last)
    - North (Sleeping at Last)
    - West (Sleeping at Last)
    - 6/10 (dodie)
    - Secret for the Mad (dodie)
    all sad but hopeful and beautiful songs XD <3 <3 <3

Re: Aw thank you! ^u^

• bookmagic

Re: Thanks, that means so much.
    Also, I never heard of a lot of these, but dancing in the dark is the best.

• .amelia.

Never heard most of the songs! I'll listen to some of them :)

• Samina

Replying: Yes! Saoirse is wonderful and her acting is walla amazing! Timottée is just ahhh so cute and good looking. Well I am eagerly waiting for his new movie dune. That could make 2020 better :)

• ~madeline~

Re: Thanks!! Sure, first you write the text that you want the link to be, then you highlight that. Then go up to the top and click the button that kinda looks like a paper clip. It's right next to the italic and bold thing. Something will pop up where you can insert the link you want it to go to. Just copy and paste the URL of whatever you want in there. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it, but if that didn't make sense let me know :) XD

• ava09 (sorta back)

replying: AH I'M AN IDIOT I FORGOT ABOUT LITTLE WOMEN *FACE PALMS* FEJHFKNEFYRKE I LOVE THAT BOOK SO MUCH okay sorry will stop shouting but YES i too love little women and the 2019 movie (literally how can you not love emma watson, soairse ronan, florence pugh, timothee chalamet and laura dern ALL AT ONCE and with that incredible story line it's just *chef's kiss*). it makes me cry every time too!! mrs. bennett should deffff have her own spinoff show haha and yeah lizzy is super strong it's awesome! huh emily of new moon i'll have to check that out. my to-read list is also miles long lol. leaves of grass by walt whitman sounds amazing so i'll take a look at that as well! i have been meaning to start watching anne with an e for agessss so now i absolutely HAVE to start watching it i suppose haha. i'll force my family to watch it as well. :) it is SO amazing to see your favorite characters and best friends come to life (if it's done right!) which is the lovely thing about movies and tv shows haha. don't be afraid to spam away! :) <3

• ~madeline~

Re: oof... Well I wish you luck with your braces :)
    Also, I just published a new part to "From The Diary Of..." Here's a link :)

re: you can use this link (https://www.scribd.com/document/359790635/I-and-You) if you'd like! It's not very easy to read but i think it's better than nothing lol. Enjoy!

re: ahhhHHHHHh YESSSSS EVERYTHING YOU SAID I AGREE WITH yesyesyesyesyes we are total kindred spirits ;) Also, song of myself is like, my favorite!!!! I have a quote on my message board from it, and also I wrote a piece about it--you should check it out! It's called I and You. It's based on a play I read by the same name, and the play is like, centered on Leaves of Grass--specifically song of myself. I REALLY suggest reading it. It's like, my favorite play in the universe. so far. ;) you should read it!!! and then obsess over it with me!!! XD

the BEATLES!!!! yesssssssssssssssssssss i'm a HUGE Beatles fan. I mean, my sister is the real Beatles girl--if you play the intro of a song, she can tell you what song it is and what album it's in--but i also love them. I'd say my favorite feel-good Beatles song is Martha, My Dear. It's just so happy and sweet, you know!
    also, did i see you talking about Anne of Green Gables??? because i neeeeeeed to obsess over it now. AHHHHHH it's literally SO GOOD!!! Ever since I read it, it has been like, my comfort book--like the book I go to when I want to feel safe and happy. I love Anne and I love Diana and I love Gilbert--ahhhh GILBERT!!! <33333 anyways, it's like one of my favorites. Have you read only that one, or have you read any of the other ones? i've only read the first two--so no spoilers lol!
    I also saw you mention Jane Eyre. that one has been on my list but I haven't had time to read it yet :(( Right now I'm trying to finish Lord of the Rings, but that's taking a long time. I'm like, halfway done with the third book. I'm also reading a really good book called Leaves of Grass, by Walt Whitman? I really suggest checking that one out. It's a poem, but like, a novel-length poem. or collection of poems. He's a really cool guy.
    Have you read Emma? That's another good one, by Jane Austen. It's not as good as Pride and Prejudice, I think, but still awesome. Also Little Women--if you haven't read that or seen the movie, you NEED to. The movie made me cryyyyyyyy ahhhh so good!!! Anyways that's probably enough obsessing over books for now lol ;)

• PureHeart

you've got good taste!

• tas (yellowbrickrd)

thanks for all these amazing songs! i love chasing cars.

• ava09 (sorta back)

first of all LOVE ALL OF THESE!!!! have it all and sick of losing soul mates SLAP SO HARD!!!!!
    replying: thank you so much for the comment - it was super sweet!! :) in terms of classics, i don't really love a certain author but i love a ton of different classic novels. i really love "gone with the wind" (barring it's romanticism of slavery of course - the story line just always gets me haha). i also love the three musketeers, robinson crusoe, oliver twist, anne of green gables, and jane eyre. pride and prejudice slapped so did the scarlett letter and a tale of two cities. honestly i could keep going but this comment would be soooo long haha. have you read any of those/do you have any other classic novel recs?

• AJ - Izzy

Re: Hey, thank you for the amazing title!! I tried my best with it, honestly had so many ideas I had trouble having it make sense! Anywho, thank you, again, here's the piece inspired by your title :)

• Stumbling Conundrum

Re: THANK YOU so so so much for those instructions! I was definitely struggling there. And I cannot thank you enough for your kind words, they really lifted my spirits! <3

Re- Thank you so much!!! :)

• elliem

Thanks so much for your sweet comment! I love a lot of these songs too, like dodie songs and chasing cars. <3

Hey, Part two of Cinna's story is out if you wanna read it! :)

Okay, I must say anything by Dodie is amazing!
    Really sorry to say the only songs I'm familiar with are the sad ones, but that's just my taste.
    Also, Sleeping At Last rocks! My playlist is basically their songs with a few other songs in between. Chasing Cars is a cover of their's though, the original song is by Snow Patrol. Both versions are amazing! My favourite Sleeping At Last songs (As of now) are Heirloom, The Projectionist, Saturn, every single Enneagram song, and the Direction (North, South, East, West) songs. I love all their others too though!
    Is it really random that the moment before I logged onto WtW, I was playing Say Something on the piano and singing along? Maybe...
    Some really cool (underrated) songs you should check out, because I can go on and on, are:
    -Mad Hatter (Melanie Martinez)
    -Grace Vanderwaal (Any song of hers)
    -Death Bed (Powfu)
    -Meet me on the Battlefield (SVRCINA)
    -Dynasty (MIIA)
    -Cimorelli (Again, any song or cover of theirs)
    -In the end remix (Linkin' park)
    -You broke me first (Tate McRae)
    -Somewhere only we know (Lilly Allen/Keane)

I'm going to stop now, and remake my playlist list :)

oooh sick of losing soulmates is! a classic, tbh! i’ll check some of these out :))

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: hahaha it means friend in Elvish. a tooooon of people have been asking me this lately XD

Omg, congrats!! You're doing so well!!! Chasing cars (by sleeping at last) is literally such a great song!!!

• acrosstheuniverse28

Yesssss, Beatles and 80's music is where it's at! I really love Billy Joel too ;)

• happygiggles

Replying- Thank you, I'm glad I could make you giggle :DDD

I love this!!! I also listen to some of these songs, and highly agree that they are awesome! If you're looking for a few songs suggestions ; Messages From Her by Sabrina Claudio, 21 by Gracie Abrams and House With No Mirrors (slowed down if you're feeling extra sad! xD) by Sasha Sloan! <33

• beth r.

one day by motisyahu- yesssss we stan so under rated
    re: aw thanks!

• dream02

Re: haha yeah I mean, it's for one of my characters out of my novel and like I don't think a guy would write this sooooo lol

• dream02

Re: thx for the advice!