Stone of Jade

~ 16 she/her ~
Aspiring writer and artist. Completely awestruck by night skies. Apart of many, many fandoms ;) Reader, journaler, collector.
~ pilot pens and beat-up notebooks ~
#bluesourpatchkid
one half of the locket

Hi! You found my page!! Just that fact means a lot <3
I mainly write fiction and short stories, but I am trying my hand at poetry. I love writing poetry but I am not very good yet. A lot of it is inspired from real-life circumstances.

Read some of my work if you are so inclined! Thanks! :)

ongoing dystopian novel: Traitors and Rebels
Find the links to chapters 1-8 here:
writetheworld.com/groups/1/free_writing/169037/versions/389599

If you ever need a review don't be afraid to ask! Link it on one of my pieces and I'll get to it as soon as I can!

BREAKING NEWS: I got my sister on here!!! Stay tuned for her published pieces!!
~ Wishing on Dandelions ~

Go check out my friends :)
There And Back Again
& chasing sunsets

The Raven's Confusion

PROMPT: Creature View

4
Flying over cities. Souring over trees. Not much to do except glide with the wind. 
A cold rush of air ruffled my gloss black feathers. I watch as the world passes below me. Usually bright lights and blurs of color are on those dry rivers. Now there are hardly any blurs passing by. Only one or two rush by.

I soar closer for a better look. The odd boxes are all shut up. I don't see any of the walking-ones. It seems deserted. 
I landed on a patch of grass in front of a box. No, they aren't empty. The walking-ones are inside. But why don't they come out? It is sunny--winter snows are melted! But the walking-ones are sitting inside their boxes. Are they trapped? Are they in trouble?

With a running start I take off again and fly towards the parks, letting loose a loud caw. It echoes back like a haunting shadow, undisturbed by the lack of usual noise.

The parks are empty too. Usually the walking-ones come here with the four legged-barkers. There isn't anyone around. I land near a tube of food. I pick around but there isn't any fresh wrappers. Where is the food? The walking-ones usually fill the tube each day.

Flying above the trees, I head toward the place of tall boxes. That is always busy and loud. Surely it'll be normal there, won't it?
Kinda just saw this prompt and came up with this as a quick warm up to get inspired :)

• BizzleWrites

I love this! I really like the way you make it from a crows-eye view, making us understand what you are talking about, but see it differently, the way a crow would. Awesome work!

• Imanq

I love it, great use of imagery to make the message as clear as possible!