sun_is_still_shining

Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Currently an ISFP
Enneagram 4
Poet
Choir Kid
Tap Dancer
Dear Evan Hansen lover
Hamilfan
Potterhead
I like the color blue
Bacon makes everything better

Chipotle burrito formula:
white rice, black beans, chicken, lettuce, salsa, LOTS of cheese, corn, cabbage, cilantro

The names left behind:
a_myriad_of_stars07 (March 25-June 31)

Quarantine Playlist for Peace

PROMPT: Playlist

6
1. So Will I (Ben Platt)            
"The sky will still be up there, and the sun will always shine. The stars will keep falling for the ones who wish at            night"​
First of all, I LOVE Ben Platt:) This song is so hopeful and relaxing. It's the type of song that makes overly emotional people like me cry...wait that's this whole playlist. Oops.

2. You Do Not Walk Alone (Elaine Hagenberg)            
            "When times are hard may hardness Never turn your heart to stone. May you always remember when the shadows fall- you are not alone."
            I'm a crazy choir kid, so like crazy choir kids, I like to try out for the All-State choirs. The new audition music came out yesterday, and this was one of the songs on the list. It's just so beautiful and encouraging. 

3. Too Soon (Banners)      
            "And if I had it all to do again, then I'd hold every second with you and never let it end."
            Quarantine has ended so many of the parties, graduations, and events that we were all looking forward to. This song reflects the pain of watching all of these possible memories being washed away in an instant.

4. Got it In You (BANNERS)
            "When the light goes out and leaves you standing in the dark. No one ever told you this could be so hard. I know you think your fire is burning out, but I still see it shining through. You've got it in you."
            Another Banners song:) The chorus of this song is so beautiful to me and helped me through some hard times. I think that if I ever got to choreograph a dance, I would do a lyrical to this song.

5. Safe and Sound (Taylor Swift, The Civil Wars) 
            "Just close your eyes, the sun is going down. "
            This song has a very easygoing, indie vibe, and is very hopeful. Plus, it's in the Hunger Games soundtrack sooo...

6. Rainbow (Kacey Musgraves)
            "You're stuck out in the same old storm again; you hold tight to your umbrella. But, darling, I'm just tryin' to tell ya
that there's always been a rainbow hangin' over your head."
            This song kinda reminds me that there is always hope and that the sun is always shining, even if the rain is pouring down. This is another song I found in quarantine that gives me chills.:)

7. All of the Stars (Ed Sheeran)
            "All of these stars will guide us home."
            I love the TFIOS Soundtrack so much...such a calm, yet heartbreaking song. Ahhhh I love Augustus Waters so much.

8. You Will Be Found (Ben Platt, Dear Evan Hansen Cast)
           "Well, let that lonely feeling wash away. Maybe there's a reason to believe you'll be okay."
            One of my favorite songs from my favorite musical. This song is so inspiring and helped me through 8th grade to now. Honestly, though, I love everything from Dear Evan Hansen. It's a show that changes you and leaves you breathless.

9. Eye of the Storm (Ryan Stevenson ft. Gabe Real)
            "You alone are the anchor when my sails are torn. Your love surrounds me in the eye of the storm."
            God is always there. This song reminds me that he loves us and watches over us in even the hardest of times.
(Sorry if I offend anyone, I speak only for my beliefs)

10. Found/Tonight (Ben Platt, Lin-Manuel Miranda)
            "We may not yet have reached our glory, but I will gladly join the fight...Even when the dark comes crashing through, when you need a friend to carry you, and when you're broken on the ground, you will be found."
            A blend of two of my favorite theatre humans singing two of my favorite songs from two of my favorite musicals. This song was the sound of my Freshman year and along with the musicals that the song sprouts from (Dear Evan Hansen, Hamilton), continues to inspire me to look towards the light even when the dark seems to be pressing in on all four sides.

11. You Have Nothing to Fear (Rob Gardner)

"There is nothing to fear from the nights that are lonely; there's nothing to fear from the cold. There's nothing to fear from what might be tomorrow, for heaven is with thee, and angels watch over his fold."
                This song has a special place in my heart. It helped me through October 2019, the hardest month of my life, and is just amazing to me in every way. I just love it. 

12. Aiming For Hope (David Archuleta)
            "You are made of lights, burning bright, and the darker it gets the more you can see it. When you're alone
and don't know when the night will end, just remember it's never too long to be strong."
            I love David Archuleta. He has a gorgeous voice, and all of his songs have such great messages. The lyrics in this one are some of my favorites.

replying: aw thank you to you too! also heyyy we have suns in our usernames! sun buddies! it’s actually cause Sunny is my real name but LOLOL

So happy about the Ben Platt in here

you have great taste lol!

• ava09

Yess this is great!! I especially love "All of the Stars," "You Will Be Found," and "Safe and Sound" but I'll definitely check the others out!

• joella

this is such a beautiful collection of songs! thanks for making it :)