Elissa

just a teenager in love with love and writing

“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”
-Maya Angelou

Joined 04-03-2020

Best Friend Hopes

Dear Diary, or maybe I should say: Dear part-time psychologist,

It has been some rough few days but I keep praying that everything will be all right. My best friend was also very down today. He is very mood-y, but he is always there for me and makes me laugh during my worse times. Yesterday was my turn to help him. He is going through quite a hard time and is having problems learning through a totally different way in his own home. I've been home-schooled almost my whole life so I was glad that I could help him and give him some tips on studying at home. As we continued talking, I discovered he is also a huge fan of Narnia movies and wanted to read the books. Knowing I am a huge bookworm, he asked me if they were worth reading. He doesn't really like reading but because I was always excited with them, he thought of giving it a try. Today, as we were exchanging messages, he told me he spent the day reading and was in love with them. He also said he was able to study well and understand better the subjects. I am so happy for him! It thrills me to know that even in the midst of this pandemic, we can still make smalls differences in people's lives. We can brighten up their day by sending a simple text. This is what gives me hope. Because it can be the worst of times, but there are always people that make you happier.

This is so hopeful and sweet! I love how you show a nice friendship here; it's very positive. I love the Narnia books too!

• acrosstheuniverse28

So sweet! It truly is the little things that make the biggest difference!

• joella

this is such a sweet piece! I completely agree with the last lines :)