løne wølf

she/her | INFJ-T | Ravenclaw
Daughter of Hades and Persephone
hopeless romantic
professional idiot
theatre kid
k-pop stan
running with the wolves
---
black lives matter.
you are valid.
love conquers all.
---
~ Joined May 2020 ~

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi

raise your voices!

PROMPT: Don’t Forget

6
Big problems overshadow little ones. Problems within a majority race or social groups overshadow the minority group's problems. The government directs light to the problems that will benefit them, not the country.

But it doesn't need to be this way. We as citizens should remember and acknowledge all conflicts, because somewhere out in this big, great world, someone is suffering because of the problem that some people just don't solve. We need to bring light to the fact that yes, there are problems, but how should we face that?

So what are some problems that we are neglecting?

Let me explain~!
  1. Climate change. There are some people out there who believe climate change and global warming is a myth. I want to make this clear: climate change is NOT a myth! It's a real thing, proven by data and science. Though activists like Greta Thunberg are already rallying, this crisis needs more voices. And you don't have to do huge things. Even the smallest things can make an impact! Walk to the park instead of driving to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Plant a tree. And recycle a plastic water bottle so that the factories that make plastic won't have to release so much carbon dioxide. Humans are destroying the earth generation after generation. Will you take a stand and make a difference?
  2. Inequality. That issue is very broad, and there are separate issues that fall under it: gender inequality, race inequality, and more. Since the beginning of time, women and men have been different. As a female myself, I have noticed the inequalities in history and in the present. For one, women could not go to school and could only stay at home to tend to housework in the past. Nowadays, there hasn't been one female president, though Hillary Clinton became the first female presidential candidate. Sexism isn't as serious in America in the present, but it is more prevalent in other countries like Afghanistan. Racism is also a large issue even in a developed country like America. The stereotypes that people view others for, especially within their race, is common in schools, social media, and even in public. God created us all equal - so why is there still inequality?
  3. Human rights. Once again, this issue is also very broad. It covers many topics like LGBTQ+ rights, women rights, etc. I am a proud supporter of the queer community. In my opinion, others should learn to respect the choices of others. Why spread hate when you can spread love? After all, shade never made anybody less gay :)
Thank you for listening! I advocate for climate change, inequality, and human rights. Even if you do a small thing, like posting an uplifting Tweet on Twitter, illuminating a crisis that you believe is being overshadowed, you're still making a difference. God bless America, and God bless the human race.

1

• Samina

Omg, I was thinking the same. I am working on a piece which is what you all commented on Make a Change.
    This piece only consists of truth. I loved it...

I love this, I'm totally with you on all these issues!

• MarvelousMarshmallow

Only truth is spoken in this post

• joella

thank you for speaking out on these important issues!