Emi

Child of God
American
Patriot
Diecisiete
Ravenclaw
Rider of the Rohirrim
Narnian
Prydain
District 12
Chef
Gardener
Writer
Artist
Seamstress
Homeschooler
Romantic
Nerd
Archer
Rifler

"And even when you think you're finished, it's not over yet," for KING & COUNTRY, "It's not Over yet"
"All of my dirt, all of my shame drowned in the streams that've made me born again," Jordan Feliz, "The River."
"Scars come with livin,' you are not alone," TobyMac, "Scars (Come With Livin')"
"I might bend but I won't break, I'll fight the elements," TobyMac "The Elements."
"Stand tall but above it all, fix my eyes on You," for KING & COUNTRY, "Fix My Eyes"
"Run wild, live free, love strong, you and me," for KING & COUNTRY "Run Wild."
"One by one we will call for a ceasefire...one by one, reaching out to our enemies" for KING & COUNTRY, "Ceasefire."
Currently reading Dubliners by James Joyce

To Isaac Newton

PROMPT: Dear Science

8
Dear Mr. Newton

People so often take you for granted, but I can only applaud you today for your amazing work on the science of physics. Maybe you did not know it was physics then, but you introduced a whole new world to scientists everywhere. To me, reading about your laws of motion was a glimpse of light in a very dark world of muddling formulas and theories. It brought me hope that I could—and would—understand physics. It was logic, it was clear, and it made sense more than anything I had read before. The fact that you could break down matter and time and space into three rules that could control the world as we know it continues to amaze me. Your logical arguments took me through physics, and I never would have thought that I am now looking forward to reading your Principia.

Thank you again for your contribution to science.

Yours,

Emi

• Bhavya's Treasure

This is a very neat piece! I agree with @mirkat! Newton built his laws upon the foundation of many scientists born before him. Although he formulated and organized the things properly, one can't forget the contribution of the thinkers before him. :)
    And sadly, Newton's laws don't hold good and have been modified in special theory of relativity.
    Okay, I blabbered a lot. XD
    Good day, Emi. How are you? :)

Chapter 19 of Traitors and Rebels is out!!

Re: Thanks so much for your comment! "sorry, probably not helping." actually made me laugh XD.

Re: I mean I'd fact check him but I guess lol. It probably won't taste that good tho.

Re: Yay!! I think your writing style will work super well with the prompt/dream if you decide to run with it.
    Haha that's so bad I'm glad you didn't get sick. Alex said that bread mold apparently isn't harmful, so that's good.

yes, i agree this is great and i love your style of writing.... however, how often do we take for granted the men/women who came before newton and helped pave the way for his discovery? i mean just think of how many untold stories there are of brave women pioneering their way through the science/ math field "fit" for men? i don't know, that is what your piece made me think of. good job and keep writing!

• Tushar Mandhan

Indeed his laws of motion contributed a lot......by a lot I mean most of Physics.