Emi

Child of God
American
Patriot
Diecisiete
Ravenclaw
Rider of the Rohirrim
Narnian
Prydain
District 12
Chef
Gardener
Writer
Artist
Seamstress
Homeschooler
Romantic
Nerd
Archer
Rifler

"And even when you think you're finished, it's not over yet," for KING & COUNTRY, "It's not Over yet"
"All of my dirt, all of my shame drowned in the streams that've made me born again," Jordan Feliz, "The River."
"Scars come with livin,' you are not alone," TobyMac, "Scars (Come With Livin')"
"I might bend but I won't break, I'll fight the elements," TobyMac "The Elements."
"Stand tall but above it all, fix my eyes on You," for KING & COUNTRY, "Fix My Eyes"
"Run wild, live free, love strong, you and me," for KING & COUNTRY "Run Wild."
"One by one we will call for a ceasefire...one by one, reaching out to our enemies" for KING & COUNTRY, "Ceasefire."
Currently reading Dubliners by James Joyce

Good Times Ahead

Dear Journey,

Do you like my play on words? You're a journal, right, and so I was going to nickname you "Journie" but I changed the spelling to "Journey." Like a travel through my life. I've been keeping you since I was eight years old, so you've seen all my early teenage angst and stupid self-obsession. Luckily, I am over that by now, and ready to begin a new life as a mature young girl.
    Today was an all right day. I had a very creepy dream. I dreamt I was in my church, babysitting a few little girls from the nursery with my sister. Suddenly I heard God telling me to get out, to get away from there at once. Frightened, I obeyed, grabbing my charges and hoisting the littler one on my back. As I rushed out to leave, I heard gunshots, and realized there were shooters in the church. I ran, carrying the one little girl on my back while my sister followed. The eldest girl was separated from me, but I could not look back. I went to go hide in a dirty area of the town. I don't know why I would do that; that would be stupid. But I begged these two young men if I could hide in their house, saying there were shooters after me. They agreed, though reluctantly. But then one of the shooters arrived, and shot one of them. I tried to shield the little girl with my body, but we were both shot, as well as the other man. I remember being so frightened when the bullet hit me...then I woke up.
    It was not a very nice way to begin the day. I am used to occasionally having action-filled dreams, but this one was especially disturbing because it felt so real. But I tried to forget it, and got dressed quickly. After a breakfast of rice krispies and a clementine, I headed back to my room to begin school.
    Well, actually, I really spend an hour to two hours on Wattpad updating stories. I wanted to put some photos on my stories to perhaps get more readers. So I wasted two or three hours looking up photos on the Internet for my books, instead of doing calculus like I was supposed to. By the time I was done, it was lunchtime. Here I had a lunch of pasta and blueberries.
    When I finally got back to some semblance of work, I ended up texting my cousin for another thirty minutes, and scheduling a FaceTime call. I reasoned that we were both bored of not socializing much, and needed to talk. Besides, we wanted to plan a get-together for this summer. After promising her I would work hard until four, when we would FaceTime, I tried to get some calculus done.
    That went well for maybe thirty minutes. I am not very good at math, and had to keep looking at the example problems in the book to see how to do them on the worksheet. And I kept getting distracted because I was thinking about my writing. Finally, I looked up some writing websites some friends had recommended to me. It happened to be Write the World, and I figured I might as well create an account, because it looked more geared for teenagers than Wattpad.
    By the time I was done with that, and publishing a few stories on Wattpad, it was nearly four, so I FaceTimed my cousin. We chatted for three hours, while I tried to do calculus on the side. Needless to say, I didn't get much done. However, we did schedule a time to get together this summer, coronavirus or no coronavirus! As soon as I am done with school in a few weeks, I will probably have her over to my house for a week to stay and hang out. Because I have had almost no social time for the last few months, I am so excited to get together with her. Plus, she hasn't been to stay at my house for years because her mom is really protective of her. I can't wait!
    The rest of my day was mostly planning out the details with my mom, watching a television show, and practicing AP Biology questions with my sister. Oh, and finally, writing here on Write the World.
    I'm looking forward to the next weeks so I can finish school and have my cousin over!

Dang I think we'd get along really well girl. You're so cool, and we kinda have the same vibe (if that makes any sense).

• acrosstheuniverse28

Scary dream!!! I hate dreams like that...
    Replying: Thank you for your comments on "Land of Dreams"! I might have to run with your idea of making it a full story/epic poem! ;)