mia_:)

13 || she/her || wtw's resident adoptee :)

let's be friends! :) <3

mochi waffle :D

est. march 5, 2020

together, we can make a big difference!

problems and solutions (how you can help during this pandemic!)

It's easy to get wrapped up in ourselves amid this global crisis, but it's important to remember those who are suffering and could potentially need our help.

Problem: 22 million children in the United States rely on free lunches and breakfasts through school. How will they eat now?
Potential solutions: Donate food to food banks and distribute it among the homeless, go grocery shopping for people who can't and maybe buy the food for them.

Problem: With everyone at home, more electricity is being used. This is bad for the environment, because of burning fossil fuels.
Potential solutions: Unplug devices that are not in use, turn off lights when not in a room.

Problem: Nursing homes are closed to the public. It's important for elderly people to have connections with younger people; it's proven that it helps them live longer.
Potential solutions: Write letters! Become a pen-pal with someone (lots of nursing homes are disinfecting letters that come in and quarantining them for 48 hours before distributing them, so it should be safe). If you know someone who lives alone, or really anyone at all, call them! Catch up! My family has been FaceTiming my grandparents every day and I feel even closer to them than I did before the pandemic!

Problem: Businesses are closing due to lack of support, which means people are losing their jobs.
Potential solutions: This one is tough, because almost everyone is struggling. However, if possible, support smaller businesses if you can. Buy locally. Maybe eat out (not at a chain restaurant!) one night. If everyone bands together, we can help the economy as a whole and save peoples' jobs!

Problem: Due to the pandemic, fundraisers and blood drives have been cancelled, but people still have accidents and need blood transfusions.
Potential solution: If you are over 18, donate blood (I understand that lots of people don't feel comfortable with this, so no pressure).

There are lots more problems and solutions, but here are a few to help you get started on helping improve this world during this global crisis! Taking a simple step can really improve the lives of those around you, and it feels good to do good! Let me know if you do any of these and how it goes! Also, if you come up with any more, let me know in the comments!

• lindsmariebuck

Wow! This is so important. And honestly amazing. I didn't know some of those things so thank you.