Lissie

Everyone says I talk too much, but I'd like to say I'm a storyteller.

I hope to someday give someone else a home in my words the same way I found a home.

Family

I have a lot of siblings, so my mom is always prepared for holidays before they come. Easter morning I woke up and my mom said, "There are 64 eggs in this room. 32 are for you, and 32 are for your brother. There's also a gift with your name on it somewhere." I tried to wake my brother up to no avail, but I also didn't try very hard; I don't like being woken up either. I told him I wasn't going to wait for him, so he'd be stuck finding the better hidden eggs. My gift was an etch a sketch. Since, I found it, I've been trying to draw a circle with it, which is just about as easy as waking up my oldest brother. He sets an alarm, so he can nap. "I'm waking up in a soft hour," he'll say. After an hour is when the first alarm goes off, and then he'll sleep for another hour before waking up to the alarm. He exercises every day, and he'll say, "I'm working out at eight." His work out usually starts at ten, so a soft eight is probably more accurate. Speaking of waking up, my mom told me she wanted me to not sleep in so much, so I started getting up earlier. Now she's the one sleeping in late. Or maybe she's getting up at the same time at me, but it's just soft.

• April 24, 2020 - 12:56am (Now Viewing)